GREECE

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2002
      I did mention some stuff about a couple of days ago, but I didn't
      give the song list. March, 666, School love, Forged in Fire,
      Motormount, Free as the Wind, Plenty of Power, Smokin Green, Computer
      Drone, Paper General, White Rhino, Winged Assasins, Jackhammer, Metal
      on Metal and Mothra. The responce was overwhelming! I'll never forget
      it as long as I live. Quite honestly we have only had a good responce
      like this only a few times in our entire history. The closest second
      would be in Belgium. We have some footage of that from one of our
      tours but singing March of the Crabs at the show in Athens will never
      be out done.
      Another very interesting fact is that although some so called North
      American fans who feel that the vibrator is a stupid and vulgar idea
      couldn't be more wrong in the eyes of our Greek fans. They don't
      think it's the most important thing about Anvil but certainly a great
      entertainment idea. I discussed this subject with many of the people
      I met at the gig. Most were amazed that some promoters in the US
      wouldn't book the band because of it. So am I for that matter. Also
      the lyrical content is of upmost importance. The sexual aspect of
      Anvil lyrics is very highly regarded in Greece as a fantastic form of
      comical style of metal. I think I was asked by every person I met ,
      to play Backwaxed. If you don't know already ,I pulled that song off
      of Forged in Fire because I thought it to be too nasty. I thought we
      had really crossed the line . Maybe I was wrong? Maybe sex stuff is
      cool? Don't worry I take it all with a grain of salt, I will just do
      what comes natural..........VIBRATOR4EVER

      We start tomorrow on STILL GOING STRONG, I'll try to keep you
      updated perhaps as I sing the songs I'll post the finalized lyrics.
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2002
        Well,

        The songs were very well chosen, and for European the sex tools aren't
        depraved and people there are a lot more liberated sexually... than North
        American. That's a fact. The first discussion on the Club (First Academy of
        Anvil) were about the viby. An american used to insult you because of using
        it" during the shows. :)

        So, Anvil will be in my province tomorrow! But......no show :-( I keep hope
        to see you once before the ozone will be disapeared. I'm a hopeful fan,
        believe me! But I want a 2 hours Anvil show, so tomorrow when you'll be
        recording the songs, think about the ozone! This album got to be the
        stongest by the songs and by the sound. I'll send to all of you good thought
        and I will still ask Zeus to have his eyes on you! Keep on rocking guys and
        I know that you "STILL GOING STRONG!. Go for it!

        Tange :)

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2002
          Backwaxed is one of my all time fave Anvil tunes. The lyrics are one
          of my faves too.