My take on Priest

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2002
      I think Priest was my favorite band for a while(before I discovered
      Motorhead). First you had Sad Wings and Sin After Sin which were
      great. But then Stained Class just went over the top. I remember
      listening to that and thinking that it just could not get any better.
      Hell Bent was their last really great album, where every song was
      killer. This is all my opinion but they lost me with Painkiller. A
      lot of people really like that style of Priest, the ultra-heavy,
      almost Pantera vibe. That was exactly what I did not want to hear
      from them. They had a defined style that made them Judas Priest and
      fast double bass speed metal was not it. And then when I saw that
      tour, Halford is onstage acting like a rapper! As soon as I heard him
      say "...in the house." to the crowd, it was OVER. When rap
      infiltrates my metal, I'm right out the door. I do admit to loving
      KORN's 1st one, though. If Lemmy ever starts rapping I will certainly
      puncture my eardrums in defeat.

      is AnViL in da house....?
      catdeli