Judas Priest

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13 11:48 AM
      I went to see Judas Priest last night and it felt more like I went to
      see a tribute band. Imagine The Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger or
      Aerosmith without Steve Tyler. It purely sucked. It was like watching
      an impressionist doing his Rob Halford imitations. When the guy sang
      the songs he would purposely sing in the super high register in
      places Halford didn't and it came across as someone making fun of the
      great singing that Halford was renowned for. The drummer also sucked,
      although he does sound better on the recordings he came across as
      young and inexperienced. He looked somewhat boring, maybe I'm a
      little harsh but hey! Glen , KK, and Ian were great as they always
      will be. I will say this, I vow never to see Judas Priest again
      unless they get Rob Halford back in the band, and stop doing rap,
      wigger style garbage music. It seems to me that only a couple of
      bands are left over from the 80's worth seeing still. Judas Priest is
      not one of them.
    • Eric Piccelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13 1:24 PM
        Greetings

        Last year I saw Halford at Rock in Rio, and later on I got to see Priest
        down here in São Paulo. I must say I got the same impression: Priest is just
        not Priest without Rob Halford.

        Cheers

        sh
        ===
        Piccelli, Eric
        ICQ #5545663
        ===

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13 2:18 PM
          I haven't seen them perform with Ripper but I do have the three CDs
          that he appeared on.

          1. Jugulator was pretty good. I like Ripper's voice. I think he is a
          suitable frontman for JP.

          2. The live album is actually my fave JP live (of the 3). He does a
          killer job of the classics.

          3. Demolition sucks. It's not Ripper's fault thought. The songs just
          stink. Some rap-metal shit. KK and Glen wrote all the songs though.

          tony