Still going strong

  • tangerine125
    Message 1 of 1587 , Nov 11, 2001
      Is that the first album's without a "and", "on",
      "in", "of", "for"...etc. It must be the first time that
      they put a verb in the middle. Except
      Backwaxed...<br><br>I don't know if it significative of a change or
      not. Like I'm non English, it would be arroguant to
      criticize the album lyrics. And, I promised Lips I won't
      criticize no more. There's something I noticed through the
      years. At first, lyrics were about girls, but the "I",
      "I did", "I made" were present in the songs. On MoM,
      it's a mix of everything, but yet the "666" is a song
      with a "I" by Anvil. FiF, except a few songs, changed.
      These are situation that Lips describe, but so well cos
      the best songs make us feel like we see the scene.
      What's the big deal to see an Anvil in fire? But the
      colors added in the lyrics, the strong words changed all
      the thing. In Mothra (MoM), Lips takes the voices of
      those who are devasted by the monster:"What can "we"
      dooooo, a creature of the night..." <br><br>I won't take
      all the albums, but more and more Anvil is describing
      people around them and never involved themselves in
      their songs. They don't have to say the truth, we all
      know that they have a family live. But, if the song
      would be presented like if Lips was the "actor" of that
      situation, I think it would be interesting.(I know:
      "M.Mambo" and "Five...minutes in the shower)is a song with
      a "I".<br><br>In "Siren of the sea", there was a
      lot to say about sirens. Why Lips doesn't step in the
      water with a beautiful siren, using the "I" and swam
      with her describing her beauty (here's Cousteau!) :)
      and when it's time to love her on the beach, out of
      the water, she becomes the worst monster and attacks
      him! The punch! <br><br>I don't know why I feel more
      involved in a song when the singer sings like it was his
      story, and not a stranger story. Anyway, it's not so
      important.<br><br>Well to be clear, I'm writting that I like actual
      Anvil's lyrics. I just say that "I" prefer when a song
      seems personal to the singer of a band. Anyway, a song
      is supposed to be the expression of our imagination.
      It's not real.<br><br>Tange :)
    • √Člaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23, 2003

        > Where is everyone tonight?