Re: Strenght of Steel

  • tangerine125
    Message 1 of 1587 , Sep 6, 2001
      Not negative...It's the sound that is not what I
      was waiting for. For the songs, I heard them many
      times live before the album has been released. In fact,
      it was better live.<br><br>I wrote (on a real letter
      in 1985) to Lips to critize him during the Christmas
      period. I put a gift with my letter cos I was shy to
      criticize openly. Now, I'm not anymore :)) I wrote
      something like "your fans are more interested by what you
      have in your guts that what is your
      pants".<br><br>Lips answered! Then, after he thanks me for the gift
      and the Christmas wishes...he explained that the band
      was looking more for a sound like MoM not like FiF.
      He wrote a list of the songs we would find on the
      next album. I'm glad to read him when he typed now,
      cos Lips's natural "handwritting" is very
      special.<br><br>Finally, they had problems and Dave wasn't helping to
      resolve them (I guess).They signed in 1987 with Metal
      Blade, and that's the big badluck for Anvil. During
      these 4 years without any albums, all the bands that I
      named in a previous message had time to go "on stage"
      and "on studio".<br><br>I like Concrete Jungle, I've
      been one of the first telling that it was a very good
      song. I don't like any cover song. "Wild eyes" is good
      too, but for all bands: I don't like covers.The sound
      and the lack of "work" in the bass in the song
      "Strenght of Steel" don't give me any emotion. It depends
      of what you look at when you listen to music. I look
      at the sound, the production and the sutility of the
      song (now, I check the lyrics). It is fun to hear
      songs that are about sex, just to laught. But "Straight
      btw the eyes", is not interesting to me: it gives me
      the same effect that the "Chineese foods". That's why
      I was deceived about SoS. Not deceived about the
      band. "The End of the world", Lips's voice is tired.
      Tired to get high, when his real tone is lower... It's
      my personal opinion. <br><br>Tange :)
    • √Člaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23, 2003

        > Where is everyone tonight?