Squirrley gone but not forgotten

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 1587 , Sep 5, 2001
      The endless stories of Dave, he was a great guy
      for the most part like Tange says, but as time went
      along he eventually was looking for an easy buck. Too
      bad for him he was in a harder edged metal band and
      when he tried to change the natural flow of the
      direction found himself out of the band. He wanted
      commercial success so bad that he was willing to wreck
      everything we had worked so hard to attain. It was his
      decission to leave the band after the live recording in 89.
      I'm always left with regrets when thinking about this
      as he should have left after Forged, and maybe we
      would have put out a cd like Plugged in Permenant or
      Worth the Weight instead of Strength of Steel. Well
      that's not the way it happened but the end result is the
      same, at least now we are all on the same wave lenghth
      and are a much better version of Anvil than the early
      years. Popularity is totally irrelevent when I discuss
      this topic, I'm very proud of the newer Anvil as it's
      as authentic and real as I am. I've been doing this
      because of my love for the music not popularity or money
      or really fame. It's very fulfilling in a spiritual
      way for me, when the music stops I'll be dead. BTW,
      Tange I really think you know exactly what the story is
      about, better than anyone I know.
    • √Člaine
      Message 1587 of 1587 , Jan 23, 2003

        > Where is everyone tonight?