4191Re: A couple questions if anybody knows

  • astraltraveller420
    May 27, 2009
      I was just curious about the second guitarist 'cause I always thought they were a quartet. So I assume this must be the first time in Anvil's history that they've been a trio. Also before they played but after the movie Steve said something to the effect "why do we need a bo bo guitarist when we have such a great bassist." (Glenn really is a great bassist though) I thought that comment was very uncool, unnecessary & unprofessional. He should have just said he left the band & left it at that. (so if his heart wasn't into it anymore I assume he quit) I hope he's not saying this before they go on at all these movie shows. I think Robb would be way cooler & laid back than Steve anyway & I can't see him saying something like that; not publicly anyway.

      I was also unsure about the opening act thingie. Even Don Jamieson on That Metal Show said the same thing to those guys that one of these bands should take you out on the road with 'em. Though he didn't ask 'em directly why not & they didn't comment. Now I would think most "normal" bands wouldn't have a choice as to who opens for 'em, but some bands can hand pick their openers. Like a band as big & powerful as Metallica who just got inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame I would think would be able to hand pick their opening act. (even long before their induction too) And besides, with as much attention as Anvil's gotten recently, (possibly the most in their whole career?) I would think it could help boost attendance (even if they're not young anymore) at least a little on somebody's bill.

      Kevin
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic