4129Re: Thanks for the pics!!

    Apr 20, 2008
      Maybe you're right. But Ian was looking like "Ian" on the last
      pictures that I saw. I think that feeling "rocker" is in the mind and
      it reflects on your appearance. If I look at Anvil's old fans, they
      look heavy. It doesn't matter that you gained some weight or that you
      lost a few hairs: you gotta rock! Getting old is awesome...mostly
      with the new technologies. I work out everyday with my mp3 player
      plugged on a speaker and I can't believe how small it is and how loud
      it can be. I found a CD of a band that I liked when I was 13 (Babe
      Ruth) and burned that on the player. "Joker", "Well's Fargo"...rock
      is like a "time machine". Then, I sat down at the computer and found
      Babe Ruth on youtube playing live at Ottawa! Music keeps me young and
      it's the same thing for Catdeli. He listens to all kinds of weird
      stuff and he just doesn't feel to wear like "his age". A t-shirt, a
      pair of jeans and you look 10 years younger. I have neighbors that
      were at Woodstock and they still look like hippies. Grateful dead's
      fans :)

      Keep on pounding!! Old Tange :0)

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@...>
      > Hey Tange...it's been awhile.
      > I can actually see that it's Allison...he just looks his age...and
      > like a guy who no longer needed to keep up the rock 'n' roll look.
      > Lips & Robb kept going - stayed a part of the scene - and kept up
      > way they needed to feel they should look. Doubtful that either Lips
      > or Robb would look like they currently look if the band had broken
      > 20 years ago.
      > Thanks for the photos man!
      > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"
      > <rochedels@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey, it was great to see pictures of Lips, Robb and G5. It's
      lucky that
      > > I knew it was Dave Allison because he really doesn't look the
      same. I
      > > mean, we all change but not radically. It's too bad that he
      > > agree to be interviewed for the movie. In 1980 and 81, I thought
      he was
      > > great and he always performed well on stage in QC City. It's
      > > when "Lips" became "Anvil" that he changed a bit and after he
      > > get better. What matters is that he looks happy...Thank you
      > >
      > > We wait for the movie "in the land of the freeeeee..."
      > >
      > > tange

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic