3438Re: ANYBODY OUT THERE?

    May 1, 2004
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > It's been a while since I've seen any new posts, has everyone
      gotten
      > their copy of BTB? I still haven't got the DVD. I heard it's not
      too
      > shitty but the sound could be better in a few places and sometimes
      > you can't hear G5 and sometimes Ivan and sometimes vocals. Of
      course
      > I knew this would have to be like this because it was mixed live
      off
      > the sound board at the festival and we were at the mercy of this
      > unknown to us soundman. I heard that if your DVD player is a new
      more
      > expensive model it will play all formats. Robb's Sony is supposed
      to,
      > as he was watching a Saxon DVD that was also in PAL. Mad Dog Colin
      > Brown is getting me a burned copy in our regular format so I can
      > watch it on my cheap DVD player...lol

      I am here(I think)! I did not get my copy of BTB yet although I did
      order it. Well, being the computer wizard that I am, I THOUGHT I had
      ordered it. Apparently I did not complete my on-line purchase. I was
      checking the mail every day for a over a week hoping it would arrive.
      Suddenly it dawned on me that I had gone to get my credit card number
      and had not finished ordering. DOH! So I wasted a whole 2 weeks
      waiting for nothing. Well, now it is ordered and on the way. I was
      going to buy a "cheap" DVD player. Now maybe I will spend a bit more
      to get a middle one that I know will play the DVD.
      I was outside in the heat today (82!) putting in some new lawn and
      out shopping and running around doing errands with Tange. She is
      keeping me busy, I'll tell you! ;^p When I normally drive in the car,
      it is full brain frying volume on the CD player but her tender ears
      can't take the onslaught so I have to turn it down a bit. Oops, I've
      just been corrected! She actually CAN take the volume but she hates
      the bands that I choose: Darkness! love/hate! Dokken! Tesla! But we
      agree that BTB rocks but the bad thing is that she tries to SING
      along with it! Heeeeelp!! 8^o
      We will be seeing Deep Purple this August, so that will be cool. They
      play near here and I think they have "Thin Lizzy" opening.

      cAtdeli
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic