3180HMV and CD prices

  • glabrek
    Dec 4, 2003
      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine" <tangelaine2000@y...>
      > There's no deal and it's just too bad. Henderson takes care of a
      > magazine "Bw&Bk" and if I'm not wrong this magazine belongs to the
      > owner of all CD's stores HMV (biggest in Canada). I've never found
      > Anvil's album in one of those stores. Maybe HnH, MoM, and FiF when
      > Attic has been sold. However, "MUSIC WORLD" sells 24.99 "Still
      > Strong" with a sticker on it: IMPORT. We all know that Anvil makes
      > business with Massacre. Which kid will buy a CD at this price + the
      > taxes?
      > If Henderson would stop to publish his stupid stuff about Sharon
      > Ozbourne and Glen Hugues (they are not Canadians) and would plan an
      > article for Anvil it would help them in many ways. They show "RuSh"
      > on the cover cos it sells well! Probably that with a North American
      > label, the CD wouldn't be an "IMPORT" that costs 24.99 + taxes.
      > would probably get many gigs and...then, maybe they would find the
      > time to go on some South American beaches. It's a weel that
      > turns...unhappily.
      > nite!

      Hey, I'm interested in the Glenn Hughes stories...The guy is a legend
      in the rock/hard rock style and he's interesting to read about IMO.
      I agree that BW&BK should talk more about Anvil, but if they only
      relied on Canadian metal bands, the mag would be dead for long...How
      many good real Canadian metal bands are remaining? Anvil, Hanker,

      BTW, I'd also like Anvil to get a Canadian record deal, but let it be
      known that for me HMV are thieves that sell most of the metal CDs,
      even the domestic copies, at about $24 or $25 CAN (+ taxes). Sure,
      when a CD is just being released, they sell it about $17 or $18, but
      as soon as it gets a bit older, the "normal" price of $23 or $24 or
      $25 appear...That's why I buy all my stuff from online mail-order
      stores like Then End Records, who sell around $12 to $14 US, with
      only $1 for shipping, making me pay my brand new CDs for about $17 to
      $20 CAN, all inclueded. I also buy some on Ebay, at great prices
      most of the times.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic