3169Re: Nektar Budgie Camel

    Dec 2 8:50 PM
      I'm pissed that I never got to see Budgie, dammit!!!
      I know that they have toured over here in the states before but when?
      I think they used to do a show or two in Texas each year recently for
      some reason. All their stuff is great and when they came back in the
      80's with Power Supply it was a great return but then they really got
      too keyboardy-commercial for my taste after that.
      Camel I saw open for BOC in NYC for their first LP, Mirage. That was
      a good band and seeing them made me a fan. I bought most of their
      albums, too.
      Nektar I know I saw a couple times, one memorable show opening for
      BeBop Deluxe in '76 and they had the whole trippy lightshow thing
      going on. "Magic Is A Child" was my favorite of theirs and I always
      play the first song on there near Xmas because the opening has a
      total Xmas mood to it.
      Next week MSG is playing within driving distance here and I MUST go!
      It has beeen too long since my last dose of SCHENKER live.

      carry on,
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic