AC training Run

  • Howard Cohen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2000
      In case others did not catch this in the Ultra Listserve:

      I will be running on Saturaday and Sunday and driving in from Ventura
      County (Thousand Oaks). Let me know if anyone wants to carpool.
      Monday is a maybe depending on family commitments.

      Howard Cohen
      gravityh@...

      Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:06:03 -0700
      From: Tom Nielsen <tnielsen@...>
      Subject: AC Memorial week-end training runs

      Everybody training for Angeles Crest, or is not going up to WS camp
      can
      come run the entire AC course on Memorial week-end. The runs will
      consist of 42-44 miles on Saturday, 38 miles on Sunday, and 20 miles
      on
      Monday. If 20 to 30 runners commit and e-mail me offline, I will
      arrange a
      bus to shuttle runners to the starts of the first 2 days. This will
      save
      runners hours of driving time before and after these long and brutal
      runs.
      Also this allows runners to run their own pace and not have to worry
      about
      slowing other runners down, or waiting around after the run for
      everybody
      to finish.
      The bus fee is $250 each day for 30+ runners, so the charge per
      runner
      will be determined by the number of runners. This is where I need a
      head
      count of runners to come up with an estimated price per runner.
      Schedule of times and meeting locations are as follows:

      Sat 5/27, Shortcut to Finish (42-44 miles) meet at 7:00am @ Windsor
      (parking lot above finish line)
      Sun 5/28, Start to Cloudburst (38 miles) meet at 7:00am @
      Cloudburst
      Mon 5/29, Cloudburst to Shortcut (20 miles) meet at 7:00am @
      Shortcut

      Anybody interested, please contact me ASAP to confirm.
      E-mail me directly at: tnielsen@...

      Thank you and good luck with your training.
      Tom
      Tom Nielsen
      tnielsen@...

      Fight Gravity in all you do!