[ac100] No Subject

  • Greg Pirkl
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2000
      Hello,
      I was wonder if you could give me some advise. I'm thinking of running
      the Angeles National Forest 100k on (I believe) 22 Aug. Do you think
      this is too soon to AC to run? This will be my second 100 mile race.
      My first was Rocky Racoon and I ran 22:50. If I run the ANF 100k, it
      will be for enjoyment. I do not plan to race it and then to recover
      and taper for AC. What so you guys think? Will it hurt my effort for
      AC?
      Greg Pirkl
    • Stan Jensen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2000
        Greg Pirkl wrote:

        > I was wonder if you could give me some advise. I'm thinking of
        > running the Angeles National Forest 100k on (I believe) 22 Aug. Do
        > you think this is too soon to AC to run? This will be my second 100
        > mile race. My first was Rocky Racoon and I ran 22:50. If I run the
        > ANF 100k, it will be for enjoyment. I do not plan to race it and then
        > to recover and taper for AC. What so you guys think? Will it hurt my
        > effort for AC?

        Greg,

        You should talk to your buddies in HURT who ran the AC100 last year:
        akabill, Jeff and Jackie. I haven't run Jim's ANF100k yet (I'm signed up
        for it), but since it's five weeks prior to the AC100, you "should" be
        able to run it as a fun, easy, training run.

        Stan
        --
        Stan Jensen, P.O. Box 3426, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019-3426
        http://www.Run100s.com/ mailto:StanJ@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2000
          stan jensen <stan-@...> wrote:
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ac100/?start=3
          > Greg Pirkl wrote:
          >
          > > I was wonder if you could give me some advise. I'm thinking of
          > > running the Angeles National Forest 100k on (I believe) 22 Aug. Do
          > > you think this is too soon to AC to run? This will be my second 100
          > > mile race. My first was Rocky Racoon and I ran 22:50. If I run the
          > > ANF 100k, it will be for enjoyment. I do not plan to race it and
          then
          > > to recover and taper for AC. What so you guys think? Will it hurt
          my
          > > effort for AC?
          >
          > Greg,
          >
          > You should talk to your buddies in HURT who ran the AC100 last year:
          > akabill, Jeff and Jackie. I haven't run Jim's ANF100k yet (I'm signed
          up
          > for it), but since it's five weeks prior to the AC100, you "should" be
          > able to run it as a fun, easy, training run.
          >
          > Stan
          > --
          > Stan Jensen, P.O. Box 3426, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019-3426
          > http://www.Run100s.com/ mailto:StanJ@...

          Greg,

          If I were you I would run Lake City 50 in July then go run ANF 100K.
          Better yet, if I were you I would tag along with Stan Jensen and get
          the lowdown of the course. Having paced me at AC last year you know the
          last portion of the course. Just don't run too hard, and begin your
          taper immediately following the 100k effort.

          Aloha,

          Jeff Huff