Re: Long Training Runs

  • ultrarnr@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
      --- In ac100@egroups.com, "Jeff Huff" <jh6735@a...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I would just like to get a sense of what other AC runners are doing
      > for their long runs. Living in Hawaii there are only a few active
      > Ultrarunners and it would be nice to hear what others on the
      mainland
      > are doing. I have been, and still am running with two fine
      > ultrarunners (akabill Molmen and Greg Pirkl)and our weekend routine
      > puts us on the trail for 20-40 miles (4-8) each and every weekend.
      > The long runs in the past have gotten us all in excellent shape,
      but
      > one has to wonder if we are doing too much. We recover fine and are
      > raring to go the next weekend. Thanks for any input.
      >
      > Aloha,
      >
      > Jeff Huff

      Jeff,
      I haven't been doing ultras very long but have found the weekly
      long run to be the most important. As long as you feel you are
      recovering fine then you should be in great shape for AC. My long run
      is usually 30 miles. If you have hills to run in that is better yet.
      I am from eastern NC and it is flat here. As they say we are all "an
      experiment of one" and that really applies to how much mileage your
      body can handle. The highest weekly mileage I do is 95 miles. Right
      now I am doing a lot of races so I am in the race-recover-race mode
      and rarely do a long run.
      See you there, Vinny