38Angeles Crest Highway

  • ke6ont
    May 24, 2009
      Howdy to all. I first want to let you all know that the Angeles Crest highway is now open from Vincent Gap to Islip Saddle. We were doing testing of our communication network yesterday, Saturday, afternoon and we are please to comfirm that the road is now clear. There is new pavement from the Big Pine junction all the way to Islip.

      Next, I am one of the Co-Chairs for the Ham radio group that supports this race. Although I am usually on another Ham support group list for AC-100, I will answer questions that you have about the Ham radio support for the race. Currently there are no "drop dead" issues currently being addressed. We are fully staffed and looking forward to watching over all of you runners during the coming race.

      Steve