[absintelagent] Special Session on Intelligent Software Engineering at ICAI 99

  • M.Gadomska, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 1999
      Forwarded
      ----------
      From: Srini Ramaswamy <srini@...>

      Hello!

      I have been invited to organize a special session on intelligent software
      engineering at the 1999 International Conference on Artificial
      Intelligence (IC-AI'99 - http://jhpc.org/icai/) June 28 - July
      1, 1999, Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada. The CFP for the session
      is included at the end of this email and I would be glad if you can
      forward this mail to any of your interested colleagues.

      IC-AI 99 is to be held simultanesouly with the 1999 International
      Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and
      Applications (PDPTA'99 - http://jhpc.org/pdpta/) and the 1999
      International Conference on Imaging Science, Systems, and Technology
      (CISST'99 - http://jhpc.org/cisst). Each conference will have its own set
      of conference proceedings.

      The IC-AI'99 Conference is being sponsored by the following agencies:

      1. The National Supercomputing Center for Energy and the Environment
      (Department of Energy, USA);
      2. The International Association for Mathematics and Computers in
      Simulation (IMACS);
      3. Computer Science Research, Education, and Applications Press
      (CSREA: USA Federal EIN # 58-2171953);
      4. Computer Vision Research and Applications Tech. (CVRA); Developers of
      AI systems (pending).

      It is my pleasure to invite you, your colleagues / students to
      submit a paper to this session. I have been told after the
      conference, many of the approved technical sessions will be considered
      for publication as special issues in appropriate journals.

      Authors who would like to submit papers to CISST'99 and/or PDPTA'99
      and/or other sessions within IC-AI'99 should send their papers to:
      Hamid R. Arabnia
      University of Georgia
      Department of Computer Science
      415 Graduate Studies Research Center
      Athens, Georgia 30602-7404
      U.S.A.

      Tel: (706) 542-3480
      Fax: (706) 542-2966
      email: hra@...

      --Srini.

      R-----------------------------------------------------R
      |Dr. Srini Ramaswamy Phone: (931)-372-3448 |
      |Dept. of. Computer Science Fax: (931)-372-6353 |
      |Box 5101 |
      |Tennessee Tech. University Email: srini@... |
      |Cookeville, TN 38505 srini@... |

      ----

      Special session on Intelligent Software Engineeing
      1999 Intenational conference on Artificial Intelligence
      June 28 - July 1, 1999
      Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada.
      ----

      Session Description
      -------------------

      Most modern day, industrial-strength software systems are complex and
      often operate in dynamic environments. Building software systems
      that are easier to use for such applications implies addressing the issues
      of increasing complexities in analysis, design, maintenance, and,
      management of and communication between, the various processes. In order
      to manage and successfully exploit such complexity, it is very important
      to not only have tools, notations and methodologies that support during
      the analysis, design, integration and maintenance of these systems, but
      also allow them to incorporate basic intelligence into all phases of the
      software engineering process.

      The aim of this session will be to gather researchers, developers, and
      practitioners from both academia and industry, and provide them with a
      forum for exchanging ideas and reporting on recent advances and
      developments in engineering complex and intelligent software systems.
      Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

      - Innovative requirements engineering techniques
      - Architectures, methodologies, tools and techniques for intelligent
      systems development
      - Agent-based and simulation-based design approaches
      - Tools for distributed software systems analysis, design and simulation
      - Innovative tools for Software Re-engineering
      - Interaction protocols for intelligent software systems
      - Manufacturing and Business Applications
      - Real-time development applications
      - Educational systems
      - Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Methodologies
      - Agent-oriented programming
      - WWW & Internet Applications
      - Case Studies / Lessons learned

      Submission of Papers
      --------------------

      Prospective authors are invited to submit three copies of their
      papers for review to to Srini Ramaswamy (address is given below) by the
      due date. E-mail and Fax submissions are also acceptable. The length of
      the final camera-Ready papers (if accepted) will be limited to 7 pages.
      Papers must not have been previously published or currently submitted for
      publication elsewhere.

      The first page of the paper should include: title of the paper,
      name, affiliation, postal address, E-mail address, telephone number, and
      Fax number for each author. The first page should also include the name of
      the author who will be presenting the paper (if accepted) and a maximum
      of 5 keywords.

      Evaluation Process
      ------------------

      Papers will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity, and
      soundness. Each paper will be refereed by two researchers in the
      area.

      Important Dates (Deadlines, etc.)
      ---------------------------------

      March 1, 1999 (Monday): Papers due (email submissions accepted)
      April 5, 1999 (Monday): Notification of acceptance
      May 1, 1999 (Monday): Camera-Ready papers & Prereg. due
      June 28 - July 1, 1999: ICAI'99 Conference

      Publication
      -----------

      The conference proceedings will be published by CSREA Press (ISBN). It
      will be a multivolume set. The proceedings will be available at the
      conference. All accepted papers will also be considered for journal
      publication (soon after the conference).

      Session Organizer

      Dr. Srini Ramaswamy
      Computer Science Department
      Box 5101