CFP: Symposium on Ethics, Business and Society
From: "Mele, Domenec" <Mele@...>
Subject: Call for Papers Symposium on Ethics, Business and Society
- Dear Adam,
- I am delighted to announce you the 15th International Symposium on Ethics, Business and Society hosted by IESE Business School, University of Navarra in Barcelona, Spain, on June 27-28, 2008.
- Details and updated information: http://www.iese.edu/15symposium
- December 31, 2007: Paper proposal
- January 31, 2008: Response of acceptance of the proposal
- May 31, 2008: Full papers
- A correct understanding of human nature is crucial for both business and management, since they are, above all, about people. However, such consideration is frequently limited to the economic, psychological or sociological aspects of individuals. Consequently, business and management fall short in their vision of the human being.
- Philosophical anthropology, ethics, and religious and wisdom traditions, each provide a deeper understanding of people and contribute to develop more human models and practices in business and management.
- The aim of this symposium is to promote the achievement of more human-centered models and practices in business and management. Firstly, to explore how human values, and specifically respect for human dignity, rights and personal growth, are viewed in contemporary business and management. Secondly, the aim is to discuss new conceptual developments and reflect on practical ways in which individuals could more easily find human meaning and moral motivation in their work.
- Tentative Tracks:
- The Anthropological and Moral Foundations of Business and Management
- Human Values in Leadership
- Organizational Humanizing Cultures
- Management and Personal Growth
- The Human Dimension of Corporate Social
- Globalization, Business and Solidarity
- Human Values in Business Education
For more information and correspondence contact Prof. Domènec Melé - IESE Business School Dep. Business Ethics - Av. Pearson, 21 - 08034 Barcelona - Phone: (34) 93 253 42 00 - Fax: (34) 93 253 43 43 Mail to: mele@...
I would be pleased if this symposium suits your interests and schedule.
Professor of Business Ethics
Chair Economic and Ethics
IESE Business School
University of Navarra
Avda. Pearson, 21
08034 Barcelona, Spain
Ph: (34) 93 253 42 00
Fax: (34) 93 253 43 43
This message has been scanned for viruses by TRENDMICRO,
an IESE technology affiliate company and global leader in antivirus and content security software.
- Dear Adam,