Fwd: Call for papers - IESE Symposium

  • Gadomski laptop
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2005

      Subject: Call for papers - IESE Symposium
      From: "Mele, Domenec" <Mele@...>

      SORRY FOR ANY CROSSPOSTING

      Dear Colleagues,

      I am delighted to announce the 14th International Symposium on Ethics, Business and Society hosted by IESE Business School, University of Navarra in Barcelona, Spain, on May 18-19, 2006.

      Topic: TOWARDS A COMPREHENSIVE INTEGRATION OF ETHICS INTO MANAGEMENT: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS.

      Details and updated information: http://www.iese.edu/14symposium

      Deadlines:
      January 15, 2006: Paper proposal
      February 15, 2006: Response of acceptance of the proposal
      April 10, 2006: Full papers

      Rationale
      Business Ethics and Ethics in Management have already devoted considerable attention to dealing with ethical dilemmas and particular ethical issues. However, we are still far from a comprehensive integration of ethics into management theories and managerial practices.
      Recently, many leading managerial theories, such as agency theory, transaction costs theory, institutional theory and others have received much criticism. They have been accused of fostering egoistic behavior in managers and even of having contributed to well-known financial scandals (see, e.g., Academy of Management Learning & Education, March 2005).
      In response to this, the purpose of this Symposium is to explore the problems of current management theories and practices, and the prospects for improving them. At the same time, new proposals for a more comprehensive integration of ethics into management are welcome.

      For more information and correspondence contact Prof. Domènec Melé - IESE Business School – Dep. Business Ethics - Av. Pearson, 21 - 08034 Barcelona - Phone: (34) 93 253 42 00 - Fax: (34) 93 253 43 43 – Mail to: mele@...

      I would be pleased if this symposium suits your interests and schedule.

      Best regards,

      Domenec Mele
      Professor and Head of Business Ethics Department
      IESE Business School
      University of Navarra
      Avda. Pearson, 21
      08034 Barcelona, Spain