Fwd: WI'05: Deadline Extended to April 18

  • Gadomski laptop
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005

      [Apologies if you receive this more than once]

       Dear Colleague,

       we are pleased to extend the paper submission deadline
       for WI 2005 to ** April 18 **.

       Submission can be done online at:
        http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/WI05/
        http://www.hds.utc.fr/WI05/

       We look forward to receiving your submissions soon.

       With best regards,

       Andrzej Skowron
       PC chair of WI-IAT'05

                IEEE/WIC/ACM  WEB INTELLIGENCE 2005

                         FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

       2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM  International Conference on
       Web Intelligence (WI'05)

       September 19-22, 2005
       Compiegne University of Technology, France

       http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/WI05/
       http://www.hds.utc.fr/WI05/

       Sponsored By
       IEEE Computer Society
       Web Intelligence Consortium (WIC)
       Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)

        - Paper submission NEW due: April 18, 2005
        - Submission websites: http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/WI05/
                               http://www.hds.utc.fr/WI05/
        - Electronic submissions are required in the form of PDF or PS files

       Web Intelligence (WI) has been recognized as a new direction for
       scientific research and development to explore the fundamental roles
       as well as practical impacts of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
       (e.g., knowledge representation, planning, knowledge discovery and
       data mining, intelligent agents, and social network intelligence) and
       advanced Information Technology (IT) (e.g., wireless networks,
       ubiquitous devices, social networks, and data/knowledge grids) on
       the next generation of Web-empowered products, systems, services, and
       activities. It is one of the most important as well as promising IT
       research fields in the era of Web and agent intelligence.

       The 2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence
       (WI'05) will be jointly held with the 2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM International
       Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT'05
       http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/IAT05/, http://www.hds.utc.fr/IAT05).
       The IEEE/WIC/ACM 2005 joint conferences are sponsored and organized by
       IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Computational
       Intelligence (TCCI) (http://www.cs.uvm.edu/~xwu/tcci/index.shtml),
       Web Intelligence Consortium (WIC) (http://wi-consortium.org), and
       ACM-SIGART (http://www.acm.org/sigart/).

       +++++++
       Topics
       +++++++

       The topics and areas include, but not limited to:

       WI Topics

       * World Wide Wisdom Web (W4)

         Distributed Resources Optimization
         Goal-Directed Services Support
         Information and Knowledge Markets
         Knowledge Community Formation and Support
         Meta-Knowledge Discovery and Representation
         New Social Interaction Paradigms
         Problem Solver Markup Language (PSML)
         Regularities and Laws of W4
         Search of Best Means and Ends
         Service Self-Aggregation
         Social and Psychological Contexts
         Web Inference Engine

       * Social Networks and Social Intelligence

         Entertainment
         Knowledge Community Formation and Support
         Link Topology and Site Hierarchy
         Intelligent Wireless Web
         Social Networks Mining
         Theories of Small-World Web
         Ubiquitous Computing
         Ubiquitous Learning Systems
         Virtual and Web Communities
         Web-Based Cooperative Work
         Web Site Clustering

       * Knowledge Grids and Grid Intelligence

         Brokering and Scheduling
         Knowledge Resources and Services Discovery
         Middleware Architectures and Tools
         On-Demand Planning and Routing
         Semantic Grids

       * Web Mining and Farming

         Context Sensitive Web Mining
         E-Mail Classification
         Data Warehousing
         Learning User Profiles
         Multimedia Data Mining
         Mining Data Streams
         Text Mining
         Web Farming and Warehousing
         Web Content Mining
         Web Information Clustering
         Web Information Indexing
         Web Log and Usage Mining
         Web Page Clustering and Mining
         Web Site Classification

       * Semantics and Ontology Engineering

         Ontology-Based Information Extraction and Retrieval
         Ontology-Based Web Mining
         Web-Based Ontology Learning
         Semantic Web

       * Web Agents

         Agent Networks and Topologies
         Coordination
         Distributed Problem Solving
         Global Information Foraging
         Macroscopic Behavior Modeling
         Mobile Agents
         Remembrance Agents
         Resource Intermediary and Coordination Mechanisms
         Self-Organization and Reproduction
         Trust Models for Web Agents

       * Web Services

         Matchmaking
         Middleware-Based Ubiquitous Services
         Service-Oriented Computing
         Web Service Reconfiguration
         Web Service Workflow Composition
         Grid Services

       * Web Information Filtering and Retrieval

         Automatic Cataloging and Indexing
         Clustering-Based Recommender Systems
         Collaborative Filtering
         Digital Library
         Distributed Web Search
         Hybrid Recommendation
         Information Retrieval Criteria and Evaluations
         Proxy and Cache Techniques
         Search Engines and Meta-search Engines
         Specifications for Web Information Extraction Process
         Web Crawling Systems
         Web Information Categorization and Ranking
         Web Prediction and Prefetching

       * Intelligent Human-Web Interaction

         Adaptive Web Interfaces
         Context-Aware Computing
         Learning User Profiles
         Multimedia Representation
         Personalized Interfaces
         Personalized Web Sites
         Social and Psychological Issues
         Visualization of Information and Knowledge

       * Web Support Systems

         Information Retrieval Support Systems
         Web Site Navigation Support Systems
         Recommender Support Systems
         Soft Computing (including neural networks, fuzzy logic,
              evolutionary computation, rough sets, and granular
              computing) and Uncertainty Management for WI
         Web-Based Decision Support Systems

       * Intelligent e-Technology

         Collaborative Filtering and Recommendation
         Business Intelligence
         Decentralized Community Communication Techniques
         E-Business and E-Commerce
         E-Community
         E-Finance
         E-Government
         E-Learning
         E-Publishing
         E-Science
         E-Service
         Intelligent Enterprise Portals
         Web-Based Direct Marketing and CRM
         Web-Based EDI
         Web Security, Integrity, Privacy and Trust

       ++++++++++++++++
       Important Dates
       ++++++++++++++++

       Electronic submission of full papers:  ** April 3, 2005 ** -->** April 18 **.
           Notification of paper acceptance:     June 9, 2005
            Workshop and tutorial proposals:     June 9, 2005
            Camera-ready of accepted papers:     July 4, 2005
                        Workshops/Tutorials:     September 19, 2005
                                 Conference:     September 20-22, 2005

       ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
       On-Line Submissions and Publication
       ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

       High-quality papers in all WI related areas are solicited. Papers
       exploring new directions or areas will receive a careful and
       supportive review.  All submitted papers will be reviewed on the
       basis of technical quality, relevance, significance, and clarity.
       Note that WI'05 will accept ONLY on-line submissions, containing
       PDF (PostScript or MS-Word) versions.

       The conference proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer
       Society Press.

       WI'05 also welcomes Industry Track and Demo submissions, Workshop and
       Tutorial proposals.

       More detailed instructions and the On-Line Submission Form can be
       found from the WI'05 homepages: http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/WI05/
       or http://www.hds.utc.fr/WI05.

       A selected number of WI'05 accepted papers will be expanded and
       revised for inclusion in Web Intelligence and Agent Systems:
       An International Journal (http://wi-consortium.org/journal.html)
       and in Annual Review of Intelligent Informatics
       (http://www.wi-consortium.org/annual.html)

       The best paper awards will be conferred on the authors of
       the best papers at the conference.

       ++++++++++++++++++++++++
       Conference Organization
       ++++++++++++++++++++++++

       Conference Chairs:
         Pierre Morizet, University of Technology of Compiegne, France
         Jiming Liu, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong

       Program Chair:
         Andrzej Skowron, Warsaw University, Poland

       Steering Committee Chair:
         Ning Zhong, Maebashi Institute of Technology, Japan

       WI-Track Program Co-chairs:
         Rakesh Agrawal, IBM Almaden Research Center, USA
         Mike Luck, University of Southampton, UK
         Takahira Yamaguchi, Shizuoka University, Japan

       IAT-Track Program Co-chairs:
         Jean-Paul Barthes, University of Technology of Compiegne, France
         Lakhmi Jain, University of South Australia, Australia
         Ron Sun, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA

       WI-Track Program Vice Chairs:
         Matthias Klusch, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany
         Joost Kok, Leiden University, The Netherlands
         Steve Willmott, Universitat Politccnica de Catalunya, Spain
         Ubbo Visser, Universitat Bremen, Germany
         Mario Cannataro, University "Magna Grecia" of Catanzaro, Italy
         Nick Cercone, Dalhousie University, Canada
         W. Lewis Johnson, University of Southern California, USA
         Lina Zhou, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA
         Massimo Marchiori, MIT Lab for Computer Science, USA
         Sankar K. Pal, Indian Statistical Institute, India
         Toyoaki Nishida, Kyoto University, Japan
         Einoshin Suzuki, Yokohama National University, Japan
         Chengqi Zhang, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia

       IAT-Track Program Vice Chairs:
         Barbara Dunin-Keplicz, Warsaw University, Poland
         Amal El Fallah-Segrougchni, University of Paris 6, France
         Eugenio Oliveira, University of Porto, Portugl
         Marek Sergot, Imperial College, UK
         Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, UWF/Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, USA
         Katia Sycara, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
         Maria Gini, University of Minnesota, USA
         Churn-Jung Liau, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
         Zhongzhi Shi, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
         Liz Sonenberg, The University of Melbourne, Australia

       Industry/Demo-Track Chairs:
         Jianchang Mao, Yahoo! Inc., USA
         Toshiharu Sugawara, NTT Communication Science Laboratories, Japan

       Workshop Chair:
         Pawan Lingras, Saint Mary's University, Canada

       Tutorial Chair:
         Rineke Verbrugge, University of Groningen, NL

       Publicity Chairs:
         Jim Peters, University of Manitoba, Canada
         James Wang, Clemson University, USA

       Organizing Chair:
         Francois Peccoud, University of Technology of Compiegne, France

       Local Arrangement Chairs:
         Marie-Helene Abel, University of Technology of Compiegne, France
         Claude Moulin, University of Technology of Compiegne, France

       *** Contact Information ***

       wi-iat05@...

    • Gadomski laptop
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2005