Re: [absintelagent] Digest Number 38

  • George Ridman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2001
      Hi Franco,

      I am not sure if I comprehend well your problem but the interrelations
      below are rather trivial

      Cognitive Models, Engineering Models
      intelligent programmer : he should implement he implements
      intelligent programming : programmers use their own intelligence (?)
      intelligent-functioning system: exhibits some can use
      cognitive properties

      More precisely, cognitive models and engineering models as separate entities, belong to different perspectives, different conceptualizations and historical contexts.

      From my socio-cognitive POV, cognitive and engineering are two
      independent attributes of systemic modelling.

      Sun Aug 12, 2001 Franco Pestilli <frakkopesto@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      Just fiew questions, please:

      Can we split between an intelligent programmer
      programming an intelligent-functioning system,
      and an intelligent system?

      IF YES...

      - From which point of view we SHOULD underline
      such differece? Cognitive Models, Engineering
      Models, etc.?

      - From which point of view we MUST underline such
      difference? Cognitive Models, Engineering Models,
      etc.?

      IF NOT...

      Are Intelligence, Autonomy and Intelligent
      Behavior, Autonomous Behavior laying on different
      logical levels?

      Or they deeply pass for a Conscious/Not-conscious
      problematic dicothomy?

      I think, you are not enough clear or maybe this is a terminological incomprehension.

      - George

      http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp