need some help !!!

  • Mohd.Yusairi Bin Mohd.Nazri
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2001
      Hello...

      I have been proposed to develop an agent that can
      analyst the stock exchange. so, in this matter, I need
      some information and resources to guide me developing
      an agent. please, I don't have any kind of information
      about that. thanks...

      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2001
        On Wed, 2 May 2001, Mohd.Yusairi Bin Mohd.Nazri wrote:

        > Hello...
        >
        > I have been proposed to develop an agent that can
        > analyst the stock exchange. so, in this matter, I need
        > some information and resources to guide me developing
        > an agent. please, I don't have any kind of information
        > about that. thanks...

        The Narval project is about a language dedicated to writing agents. You
        may want to try it. There are a few mailing lists were you'll be able to
        find help, both with Narval itself and with your development.

        http://www.logilab.org/narval/

        Alexandre Fayolle
        --
        http://www.logilab.com
        Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2001
          Hi,

          There's a lot of very bright theoreticians out there employed by large corporations working on this problem, so I would think that your best approach would be not to attempt theory, but to use learning techniques, i.e. genetic algorithms and  connectionist techniques. The other thought that comes to mind is that an agent might serve a very useful purpose as a day-trader, since you wouldn't have to sit there all day watching the boob tube.

          Roger Clough