Where to start(aka, Hi i'm new here)

  • chaosmanifested
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2010
      I've known about this operation for almost 10 years yet haven't looked at on a serious note till recently(my personal idea of the HGA has ranged from different concepts). I know of a handful of ways of trying to achieve this. The common way is from the old Mather's edition of The Sacred Magic of Abramelin is more of hermit-like approach using constant traditional prayer for a period of 6-9 months. The other way I've heard of preforming this(which I call the Crowley Method) is preforming the Bornless Ritual(I've actually seen varients using the enochian language for the base but still using the barbarous to using your specific Higher-self/Angel name derived from the proceedures in Chapter 26/27 of 3 Books of Occult Philosphy instead of Aiwass/Paphro Osorronophris<I forget exactly which book its in>) instead of prayer for the 6-9 month period, in or out of seclusion(except for the final part of the operation). The other way is doing the Abramelin operation but not quite going into hermit-like seclusion but keeping to yourself for the most part however as I mentioned before, the final part of the operation is almost entirely spent in meditation/prayer.
      So what this comes down to being is this- Is the entire operation suppose to be personalized and ontop of that, is the seclusion needed as long as other people don't know about it? Oh yeah, on a more tool related note- finding an almond wand is really hard, I have yet to find a place that I can get a branch of almond or an almond wand, let alone a crown
    • daniel c
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 25, 2010
        --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "chaosmanifested" <chaosmanifested@...> wrote:

        > So what this comes down to being is this- Is the entire operation suppose to be personalized and ontop of that, is the seclusion needed as long as other people don't know about it? Oh yeah, on a more tool related note- finding an almond wand is really hard, I have yet to find a place that I can get a branch of almond or an almond wand, let alone a crown

        How do you mean 'personalized'? No where does it say seclusion is necessary,but the final 2 weeks you are supposed to be,I think. Buy a small, sprouted almond tree online or else where. Thats what I plan on doing. What do you mean a crown? Of Almond? Not needed..?
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 25, 2010
          It talks about seclusion from other people progressively more and more during each third of the operation.  I found this aspect to be of the most importance, but also the one where people cheat on the most.  You (usually) only perform this operation once in your life, why not do it as by the book as possible?

          On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM, daniel c <danielson_07@...> wrote:

          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "chaosmanifested" <chaosmanifested@...> wrote:

          > So what this comes down to being is this- Is the entire operation suppose to be personalized and ontop of that, is the seclusion needed as long as other people don't know about it? Oh yeah, on a more tool related note- finding an almond wand is really hard, I have yet to find a place that I can get a branch of almond or an almond wand, let alone a crown

          How do you mean 'personalized'? No where does it say seclusion is necessary,but the final 2 weeks you are supposed to be,I think. Buy a small, sprouted almond tree online or else where. Thats what I plan on doing. What do you mean a crown? Of Almond? Not needed..?

          "When a thing is hidden away with so much pains, merely to repeal it is to destroy it." Tertullian
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 25, 2010
            I spent months doing the bornless, not even close.
            No, do NOT personalize the operation, it was written that way for a reason.  The only personalization bit is covered under the if you are Pagan section in the book.

            Yes, seclusion is definitely needed.  I have gone into great detail about why in other posts.  However it is needed progressively more in the last third of the working, and absolutely essential during the last week and the week after you have completed the working.
            Not sure what you mean by crown.

            I would say 80% of the questions on this list are how can I take shortcuts and how many can I take.  I think people should take this working more seriously.  It is not a hurry up and do thing, it is a plan your life around it thing since it may be the single most important working you ever perform.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2010
              I was off with the crown bit since your all wondering what I am talking about. Its been awhile since I read the Abramelin text(I recall reading a crown was needed as well was a wand of almond.)

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 25, 2010
                Btw, have you read the German translation by Dehn?  I highly recommend it.  I thought I would mention since you have refereed to the Mathers (French) translation.

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 25, 2010
                  I haven't read that version yet but am planning on ordering it soon