Evokation of demons a blind in the Abramelin?

  • goldlion973
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
      Got the book in just the other day and although its not what I, "expected" coming from a more technical approach, have to say that I'm drawn to its practice and the idea of balance denoted by it... perhaps equilibrium, considering QBL'stic paths... pillars etc is a better suited term. Have since dreamt of the operation a few times, during one in particular the author was questioning my worth in regards to its practice as I might somehow taint the reputation of the text in my failing or abuse of personal power .lol.

      Anyway, here's an article by one Nick Ferrel a "noted" Golden Dawnist, commas indicate a general disillusionment as to what makes a practicioner noteable over others as I've never heard of him... here's an excerpt;

      "However if you have followed th system and read it clearly you cannot help but feel that this unbalanced.  Even if the goal was knowledge and conversation wit unbalanced.  Even if the goal was knowledge and conversation wit one's HGA the encounter with all the subjective and objective evil i the Universe is a bit much.  As far as Angelic hierarchies ar to have the clout to deal with the likes of Satan."

      And here's the article:

      http://nickfarrell.info/nick-farrell-abramelin-and-the-golden-dawn.html

      Also gives a Golden dawn alternative to the operation, bit unessary perhaps but intresting all the same.

      Opinions?

      Peace
      G.Lion
    • goldlion973

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
          ... just bumped into a link and remembered where I thought I'd heard the name, Mr Ferrel is the author of a good book on Talismans that's buried in my bookchest some place... dosent go into the squares as Talismans which is sad but I'm not sure if the latest translation came out soon enough for it to feature.

          Noteable.

          G.L
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
            People talk a lot, but how can one tell if the operation is balanced or not unless one has completed it?  Magicians can theorize all day long, but until they have tried the working, the theories hold no water.  Anyone who has practiced magic has noticed how many times what seems like a perfectly good theory does not work out as thought in actual practice.  It is interesting how many magicians talk about the Abramelin but have not yet to complete it.

            On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM, goldlion973 <goldlion973@...> wrote:

[...]

            "When a thing is hidden away with so much pains, merely to repeal it is to destroy it." Tertullian
          • goldlion973
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2010
              ... yeah, tends to happen. He is an adept with a golden dawn based temple so i'd assume, or rather like to assume that he's a bit wiser than to come to a scant conclusion on a system in such a way. His comment on the evokation of satan could have been written wiser knowing of the one drop theory in relation to man and God... obviously comparing it to grimoric working.

              After owning the book for a week now I do belive it holds some kind of power, through the squares perhaps, granted I'm in a grade working through an alchemic system far from superstition but there was a definite link there for a while. Have been getting egotistical of recent allowing problems to mount into fustative busts and reactions to situations (alchemy does that to you) having a dream in which a charater assuming a recogniseable form questions my worth pointing out my faults while mocking me was intresting, an all out detraction seeded with a hint of truth .lol. didn't expect it.

              What do you think the outcome would be if you were to evoke the angelic counterparts in place of demons in the rite? Would be intresting to email and challenge Mr Ferrel, have to stand your ground when faced with ignorance opens things up for further debate also.