Re: Dark Side of the Moon

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 28, 2009
      Georg Dehn doth schreibble :

      > what is Your subconscious concept that You always run
      > desperate for organized religions? They are the same disease
      > as political parties. Sorry.

      I have heard the like before - Max Muller
      famously decried /all/ religion as a "disease
      of language", and Richard Dawkins agrees with
      him, likening religion to "the smallpox virus,
      but harder to eradicate."

      William Burroughs went still further, when
      he steadfastly maintained that "language
      is a virus."

      Plato, on the other hand, took the view that
      "atheism is a disease."

      And then, of course, there is the opinion of
      George Bernard Shaw, who maintained that life
      itself is a disease - Heinz Pagels basically
      agrees with him, specifying that "life is a
      disease /of matter/" < this last sentiment
      being variously attributed to/shared by Gerald
      Feinberg and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe >.

      There are any number of final solutions on
      offer, and the cure always looks rather a
      lot like death all 'round.

      Pucker up for the 'Mors Osculi', the final
      Union with G-d!

      The Kiss of Love and Death
      by Dieter Borchmeyer <.PDF>
      http://tinyurl.com/c57wwa

      " Every Angel who is an Archon of the
      zodiacal sign (sar mazzal) of a person
      when it is sent below has the image of
      the person who is under it....

      And this is the meaning of 'And God
      created man in His image, in the image
      of God He created him' (Gen. 1:27).

      Why is [it written] twice, 'in His image'
      and 'in the image'?

      One image refers to the image of man and
      the other to the image of the Angel of
      the zodiacal sign that is in the image
      of the man. "

      ~ from:
      *Hokhmah ha-Nefesh*,
      by Rabbi Eleazar of Worms
    • Georg Dehn
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2009
        thank You for the flowers.
        It was my own thought, but it's nice to be in an interesting
        family.

        But be honest, is this the way You want to tell me I am in
        the wrong Newsgroup ;-) ?

        No chance, Goethe has no broadband in Weimar and Shaw sold
        his shares of Yahoo, they don't give him a new account.

        So let's go on talking about ghosts of dead people

        Georg

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2009
          Georg Dehn doth schreibble :

          > So let's go on talking about ghosts of dead people

          Rumors of Richard Dawkins' demise have been
          greatly exaggerated ;)

          "Through the first death, which is only a
          detachment of the soul from the body...the
          lover may see the beloved celestial Venus
          ...and by reflecting on her divine image,
          nourish his purified eyes with joy; but if
          he would possess her more closely, he must
          die the second death by which he is completely
          severed from the body...And observe that the
          most perfect and intimate union the lover
          can have with the celestial beloved is called
          the union of the kiss ( "morte de bacio" or
          "mors osculi")... and because the learned
          Kabbalists declare that many of the ancient
          fathers died in such spiritual rapture..."
          ~ Pico Della Mirandola, Commento 111, viii
          ( ed. Garin IV, iv page 557 )
        • hwhydog
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 3, 2009
            Hi Georg

            I would like to comment on three paragraphs from your text:

            PARA ONE
            So in english it should be called "work of the last hand".
            There is no choice between six and eighteen months. Six
            months is merely wrong.

            PARA TWO
            This is the base of
            all. Abraham, on several different occasions throughout the
            book gives clear hints, which things and certain parts of
            the operation can be left out.

            PARA THREE
            We're in an entirely new age since 1400. What we have to
            discuss is not, which parts of the work are necessary and
            which are not. Abraham touches many levels of personal
            initiation and he doesn't tell which is higher or lower.
            Everybody finds experience to his personal needs.

            I agree that your book is the latest and best researched available
            translation available for this thirteenth century document.
            Nonetheless, as you mentioned [quoted above] there are parts that are
            not necessary AND we live several centuries later, in one of the
            fastest changing times both socially and technologically ever.

            I also agree with your comment that Abramelin touches on many levels
            of PERSONAL INITIATION, we have to find our own way amidst the
            recommendations. My interest lies in extracting / isolating /
            interpreting the core elements of the rite and examining these. This
            especially as the 18 month period is not 18 months of isolation, but
            is broken up into a number of different components with social
            isolation taking place in varying degrees as the rite progresses.

            Comments from others in this regard will be appreciated, especially
            in isolating those core traits that make the rite successful.
            Although to be honest – I'm not sure whether reefer has its own HGA
            experience or endows the Abramelin working?

            SRD

            --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Georg Dehn <gd@...> wrote:
            > So in english it should be called "work of the last hand".
            > There is no choice between six and eighteen months. Six
            > months is merely wrong.
            >

            > We're in an entirely new age since 1400. What we have to
            > discuss is not, which parts of the work are necessary and
            > which are not. Abraham touches many levels of personal
            > initiation and he doesn't tell which is higher or lower.
            > Everybody finds experience to his personal needs.
            >
            > What we have to find out today are the new laws, the laws of
            > our own consciuosness. The Abramelin is a basic work to get
            > on. He was between religious fronts that we nowadays have
            > the liberty to neglect.

          • Scarlet Magdalene
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 3, 2009
              I don't think so. But don't be all rebellious, bitter, and at odds with it either. Reconcile. Be in that sorta "We came to a truce and an understanding, but we don't necessarily have to be buddy-buddy or even much on speaking terms."

              I was never really raised in my birth religion and it wasn't Christianity, either (reform Judaism). So I'm kacking that whole angsty bitterness I see so often from fellow pagans and others who came from monotheistic backgrounds. YHVH and I are cool with each other, however. I don't feel a sense of animosity from him nor do I have any towards him. It's basically at that civil, polite sorta respect thing. Not a big.

              -sm

              On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM, daniel <danielson_07@...> wrote:
              I guess the main issue would have to be: Should I try to get over it
              and practice the religion of my childhood or not? I just don't find the
              holy trinity concept very appealing or effective in spiritual
              application for me.. :\
              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "daniel" <danielson_07@...> wrote:

              > Excellent suggestions everyone, thanks! I have already looked into
              > ignatius' spiritual exercises.. See- I still have a problem with the
              > holy trinity theology and it's theories of interceding on behalf of
              > someone. It might be due to the fact that I had previously accepted
              > islam (and so many repititions of la ilaha ilallah,muhammadun
              rasululah-
              > there is only one god and muhammad is his messenger), but I just
              can't
              > get into it. I feel like it is purposely limiting God to a mundane
              > level. Plus it still feels quite pagan- and paganism is on the very
              > bottom of my 'spiritual and theological interests' list.. So, I'm not
              > sure how much hope there is for me getting back into christianity
              again.

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 mailto:abramelin-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 mailto:abramelin-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              --
              “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” Marcus Aurelius
              ~