Re: Greetings, Friends of God!

  • hecubin23
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 18, 2009
      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, daniel culver <danielson_07@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks hecubin.. Wise advice indeed. I realize now that all
      religions are one. The names do not matter so much to me. I feel like
      repitition (salat,zikr,wadu, listening to sohba etc), especially
      through the medium of sufism I practiced, was the key to my practical
      success in spiritual progress. At the same time, I felt like there
      was more beyond me that I could have done to gain more
      wisdom,knowledge and faith.

      >  The time I was practicing sufism, I was not experienced in the
      occult at all.. I felt like joining a sufi order (remaing nameless)
      in my locality (as opposed to working through a different one's
      published practices) would bring me to more knowledge in this area. I
      became discouraged because of the psuedo-authoritarian vibe around
      the group and decided not to return.. becoming disillusioned 'til
      this day- essentially.

      > I wish to continue my original christian roots- but to be honest I
      don't know how! I feel like christianity basically lacks the
      structure for me to build a foundation from.. I'm extremely
      interested in building this up- if I can just figure out how in a way
      that interests me.

      Cheers, mate.

      Rhythmic repition is, indeed, useful for inducing altered states.
      By 'vain repitition' I had only intended to denote 'going through the
      rote' without the requisite virtue; i.e. an empty ritual. The virtue
      is more important than the ritual; the ritual is only there to
      confirm your will and express your will by an action, that's all. I
      hope that clarifies things; I hadn't thought I would have caused so
      much confusion with those words, but evidently I have.

      To your struggle with God in the guise of religion: When the student
      is ready, the master will appear. Just remember that the Wisdom of
      God lurks everywhere, even in the foolishness of mere men, and that
      the decision to change religions should be approached with the same
      gravity as the decision to marry.

      Don't be disillusioned, if you can help it at all. Call to mind the
      first book of Abramelin, wherein Abraham recounts all the vain
      idolatry he was offered during his own search for a spiritual 'candle
      in the darkness'... by his own admission, it was only after many
      years of searching that he finally found one.

      Peace, friend.
    • daniel
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 19, 2009
        Thanks hecubin.. wise words again. I had hoped that is what you meant
        earlier. I'm not quite sure how I could really take up christianity
        again,however, because I have already came to the personal belief that
        he is not the literal 'son of God' (but had a miraculous birth), or
        that he was resurrected, etc. So although I still truly respect his
        teachings and believe he was a prophet, I feel like I eventually MUST
        like. I would like to think my 'master' is God and my HGA- who
        will 'come' when I have completed the operation.
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 19, 2009
          They are already there.  The working is to help you remove the barriers and your idea of separation.

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 19, 2009
            Indeed..