Question about reference materials

  • arcitectus
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2008
      Hello,

      Please look past my total n00bness. I have a some questions concerning
      books and their quality.

      After doing some reading I see there is some differences on the French
      and German versions and the PDF version seems incomplete in some
      someways as well, especially when it comes to magic squares.

      What single book, or books (to cross ref) would people recommend? I
      have also seen there is a 6 month version of prep and ritual and an 18
      month version, is there a difference and if so in what ways?

      Thanks in advance,
      Steven/Arcitectus
    • David Stolowitz
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2008
        Welcome Steven. Don't be shy about asking for help. That's what we are
        here for.

        The German version is very superior to the French version IMHO. There
        are a couple of new squares and some other goodies that appear in the
        French version, but on the whole it is lacking a lot of the depth that
        appears in the German. I would recommend picking up a copy of the
        German translation by George Dehn and then referencing the French
        through PDF as needed. The German version is the 18 month; the French
        is 6. A lot has to happen either way, and usually 6 months is fairly
        painful to cram it all into.

        In addition, its good to study works of celestial/theurgic magic in
        tandem with Abramelin. Abraham has some strong opinions about magic
        and astrology but its good to get outside perspective too. Hold off on
        the Goetia and cthonic magic until after the operation is complete. If
        you don't have K&C of the HGA, you have to make offerings to the
        infernals to get them to do anything of significance.