Introduction

  • arcitectus
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 10, 2008
      Hello and good day to everyone,

      My name is Steven and I'm new to the group. Just wanted to drop a line
      and introduce myself to everyone. I have a formal background in yogic
      studies and lived in an ashram as a brahmachari, I also have
      familiarity with other esoteric practices as well. I have not
      performed the Abramelin operation and it will still be some time until
      that day comes, but until then I want to learn and prepare as much as
      possible.

      As a side question has anyone heard of the esoteric, alchemy and
      qabala courses offered by the Philosophers of Nature(PoN) by Jean
      Dubuis through Triad Publishing?

      Thanks
      Steven King
      arcitectus@...
    • hwhydog
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 24, 2008
        Greetings,

        Great site and insightful comments by the members. I am interested in
        the structure of this ancient rite written some 400 years ago with
        extremely spurious sources. The document in the link section by Aaron
        Leitch is an excellent summation of the core principles. Sadly Aaron
        makes the statement: "The Abramelin Operation can not be performed in
        today's modern world!" I suppose it cannot if in doing it it is not
        done as prescribed, but doing it is a choice, a created choice?

        I am from the southern hemisphere and noticed that some are in the
        final throes of the working, which in my book means your out by two
        months from the solstice / equinox periods? What sort of "adjustments
        are made to the rite in order to accommodate modern lifestyle, which
        should be irrelevant because you are leaving whatever lifestyle it
        was that you had in the first place? Has anyone done a comparison
        with the fourth stage rite of the order of the Nine Angles, this is
        very similar in structure, but requires three months of ABSOLUTE
        isolation?

        SRD
      • fratervvvvv
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 13, 2009
          Greetings everyone,

          First, thank you for allowing me to join you. I am a Magician living in New Hampshire. I think it's safe to say that Magick is the primary focus of my life. I have successfully worked with the Goetia and have spent time studying with a Temple in my area dedicated to Enochian Magick. It is my sincerest wish to complete the Operation.

          I am looking forward to meeting fellow members and learning from you all.

          PAX et LVX

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 13, 2009
              Thank you Athena. I'm looking forward to talking with you, and everyone.

              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Athena <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

              > Welcome to the group frater :).
              > It's always nice to meet others where magic is the primary focus as opposed
              > to it just being a part time thing.

              > On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:31 AM, fratervvvvv <fratervvvvv@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Greetings everyone,
              > >
              > > First, thank you for allowing me to join you. I am a Magician living in New
              > > Hampshire. I think it's safe to say that Magick is the primary focus of my
              > > life. I have successfully worked with the Goetia and have spent time
              > > studying with a Temple in my area dedicated to Enochian Magick. It is my
              > > sincerest wish to complete the Operation.
              > >
              > > I am looking forward to meeting fellow members and learning from you all.
              > >
              > > PAX et LVX
              > >

              > --
              > Odo cicle qaa

            • thu.jason
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2014

                Dear All:

                It's my pleasure to be here -- I know of some people here, e.g., Aaron Leitch and Scarlet Magdalene, &c. (I'm looking forward to have a more direct conversation with you!)

                My name is Jason Thu, and I'm currently undertaking the second phase of the Operation. I still have so many questions and still much perplexed, particularly re: the seven-day rite. I'll search for/post these questions accordingly.

                Thank you very much,
                Jason

              • soror.nephthys
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 28, 2014
                  Good luck in the Operation, especially the last week, which should be approaching quickly.  I will advise if you need anything.  I completed the Rite a year ago.

                  L.V.X.

                  Soror Nephthys
                • Scarlet Magdalene
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 29, 2014
                    Hey there! Welcome to the group and good luck. I'm neck deep in phase three myself.

                    Finally scored an almond wand, getting it custom made and delivered to me.

                    On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM, thu.jason@... [abramelin] <abramelin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    Dear All:

                    It's my pleasure to be here -- I know of some people here, e.g., Aaron Leitch and Scarlet Magdalene, &c. (I'm looking forward to have a more direct conversation with you!)

                    My name is Jason Thu, and I'm currently undertaking the second phase of the Operation. I still have so many questions and still much perplexed, particularly re: the seven-day rite. I'll search for/post these questions accordingly.

                    Thank you very much,
                    Jason

                    --
                    “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” Marcus Aurelius
                    ~