Re: [abramelin] Re: Advice

  • obinna.w@uclnig.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008

      Greetings,
      Fr.Hauss thanks for your reply and encouragement.I never knew people will
      still be intrested in carrying out such a difficult magical operation.How
      i wish Athena can help me solve the problem of using a child as a
      clairvoyant becouse in this present day society people are always
      skeptical about what one does.
      PEACE,
      Fr O.WOGU
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
        Hauss doth schreibble :

        <SNIPS>
        > I have been looking for almond trees myself and I went on Google and
        > used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
        > branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
        > the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
        > just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
        > of them has got to have it. California does have lots of almond
        > trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

        Hi, Hauss ~

        If you look through Agrippa and the various grimoires,
        such as the *Key of Solomon*, or even in Culpepper, you
        will find that nearly any nut wood will do for your wand,
        as they all possess the necessary correspondence and
        sympathy with Jupiter/Jove/Jahveh.

        Here is a link to an essay by Joseph Peterson on the
        subject :

        The Magic Wand
        http://tinyurl.com/6eebfm

        And here are some links to a few related essays :

        The Rod of Aaron, Staff of Moses :
        Jewish Wondrous Wands
        http://tinyurl.com/5cewzy

        The Staff of Moses
        http://tinyurl.com/6p6vzs

        "Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
        Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each thing;
        Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
        Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

        'Of the Division of Chaos'
        -Dr. Simon Forman
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
          Hauss doth schreibble :

          > I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
          > frankincense, a popular incense used in many religious traditions at:
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/6xeh76
          <SNIPS>

          Hi, Hauss ~

          Here are a few related links that you might find
          interesting :

          Incensole acetate: a novel neuroprotective agent
          isolated from Boswellia carterii.

          Moussaieff A, Shein NA, Tsenter J, Grigoriadis S,
          Simeonidou C, Alexandrovich AG, Trembovler V,
          Ben-Neriah Y, Schmitz ML, Fiebich BL, Munoz E,
          Mechoulam R, Shohami E.

          [1] Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural
          Products, Medical Faculty, Hebrew University,
          Jerusalem, Israel
          [2] Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy,
          Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.

          Boswellia resin has been used as a major anti-inflammatory
          agent and for the healing of wounds for centuries.

          Incensole acetate (IA), isolated from this resin, was shown
          to inhibit the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, a key
          transcription factor in the inflammatory response.

          We now show that IA inhibits the production of inflammatory
          mediators in an in vitro model system of C6 glioma and human
          peripheral monocytes.

          Given the involvement of postinjury inflammation in the
          pathophysiology and outcome of traumatic brain injury, we
          examined the effect of IA on the inflammatory process and
          on the recovery of neurobehavioral and cognitive functions
          in a mouse model of closed head injury (CHI).

          In the brains of post-CHI mice, IA reduced glial activation,
          inhibited the expression of interleukin-1beta, and tumor
          necrosis factor-alpha mRNAs, and induced cell death in
          macrophages at the area of trauma.

          A mild hypothermic effect was also noted.

          Subsequently, IA inhibited hippocampal neurodegeneration
          and exerted a beneficial effect on functional outcome
          after CHI, indicated by reduced neurological severity
          scores and improved cognitive ability in an object
          recognition test.

          This study attributes the anti-inflammatory activity of
          Boswellia resin to IA and related cembranoid diterpenes
          and suggests that they may serve as novel neuroprotective
          agents.

          ~ from :
          Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism
          advance online publication, 16 April 2008;
          doi:10.1038/jcbfm.2008.28.
          PubMed
          http://tinyurl.com/3s7tef

          Incensole acetate, a novel anti-inflammatory compound
          isolated from Boswellia resin, inhibits nuclear
          factor-kappa B activation.
          http://tinyurl.com/4kg9mp

          " The resin of Boswellia species, particularly of Boswellia
          carteri (Burseraceae), known as frankincense or olibanum (in
          Greek) or lebona (in Hebrew), is a major component of Middle
          Eastern and European incense, and apparently has been used
          in worship since ancient times, it was a major product of
          commerce - frankincense was grown in the southern part
          of Arabia and in East Africa and camel caravans brought it
          north to Egypt and the Middle East.

          There are scattered indications that it may have sedative
          properties.

          In the Middle East during the first centuries A.D. it was
          administered in wine to prisoners sentenced to death, to
          'take away' or to 'confuse' their minds.

          In Abyssinia, where Boswellia trees are common, it is
          believed to have a tranquilizing effect and to "relieve
          people from evil spirits”.

          We found that incensole acetate, a component of Boswellia,
          is active in mice in a tetrad of assays commonly used to
          evaluate cannabinoid activity.

          These, and additional data in mice indicate that incensole
          acetate causes pharmacological activities reminiscent of
          those produced by THC and by anandamide, the endogenous
          cannabinoid, but its activity is somewhat lower.

          However, as it does not bind to the CB1 cannabinoid
          receptor, its activity is obviously not via this particular
          mechanism.

          On the basis of the content of active material in the resin
          and the level of activity, compared to THC, we assume that
          its effect on users would be considerably lower than
          that of marijuana or hashish. "

          ~ from :

          *The importance of being a sceptic* .PDF
          http://tinyurl.com/496bt5

          Moussaieff, A., and Bregman, T.
          Incensole Acetate: A Psycho-Active Compound Derived from
          Frankincense, with a Partial Cannabimimetic Profile

          15th Annual Symposium On The Cannabinoids
          2005 Program ~ .PDF
          http://tinyurl.com/4uxsoa

          --==o0o==--

          Back in the 60s, Andrija Puharich and Harry Smith did
          some extensive testing on the psychoactive effects of
          resins used for incense that contained terpenes,
          diterpenes, sesquiterpenes, &tc.

          This work grew out of their own personal interest in
          the various incense formulations to be found in old
          grimoires.

          I don't know what Andrija used for his tests, but Harry
          described for me a bong-like hotplate/thermocouple/fan
          contraption that he built for his work.

          As you might imagine, this sort of behavior didn't do much
          to endear him to Ruth and Arthur Young, whose hospitality
          he was enjoying at the time.

          More recently, Christian Ratsch has discussed the
          potentiating effects of such resins when used with other
          known psychoactive substances, such as cannabis.

          > So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
          > Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
          > incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
          > The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
          > know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
          > religious and spiritual significance the incense has.
          <SNIPS>

          As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, the procedures
          in the *Mystical Kabbalah* of Abraham Elim are drawn from
          the book of *Exodus* in the *Torah*, and so it should come
          as no surprise to discover that the incense formulation is
          based on the receipt in *Exodus*, as well.

          Here are some links to a couple of my old posts here with
          regard to the formulation of the Incense and the Anointing Oil:

          Anointing Oil & Kaneh Bosem
          Message #245 of 534
          http://tinyurl.com/5pd4pa

          Anointing Oil:
          EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP
          Message #246 of 534
          http://tinyurl.com/66ebfu

          "Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
          Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each thing;
          Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
          Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

          'Of the Division of Chaos'
          -Dr. Simon Forman
        • haussofcompassion
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
            The accounts of others who said they succeeded do not always mention
            that they used a child seer. In William Bloom's book, "The Sacred
            Magician," his diary of his performance of the Abramelin Ritual, he
            said he did not use one and that a child wasn't absolutely needed if
            you did the rest of the ritual (mostly) right. I myself do not plan
            on using a child. And I don't think you have to worry about it being
            a necessity for you, either.

            But whatever you do, good luck on your journey and I hope we both get
            what we're working for.

            Peace Profound,

            Frater Hauss

          • obinna.w@uclnig.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 23, 2008

              Greetings,
              Thanks Fr.Hauss
              But when the HGA appears, how whould one who is not using a child know in
              case he is not a clairvoyant.
              Shine in the eternal light of the cosmic wisdom.
              Fr.Wogu.