Abramelin Incense

  • haussofcompassion
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
      I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
      frankincense, a popular incense used in many religous traditions at:

      http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-
      documentid=100205390>1=31035

      So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
      Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
      incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
      The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
      know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
      religious and spiritual significance the incense has. You can read
      yourself about it at:

      http://www.jewishmag.com/11MAG/MYSTIC/mystic.htm

      The incense is known to cure plagues, dispel insects, even stop
      death itself. And the penalty for not using the CORRECT mixture of
      incense has been death! There is even a biblical mention of God
      Himself killing people who were about to offer the wrong incense.

      For those of us burning incense as part of our regular offerings to
      the Most High, I thought this article above would be of great
      interest. It was also one of the reasons why I was willing to
      substitute Qetoret for the Abramelin recipe given in the grimoire.

      In L.V.X.,

      Frater Hauss
    • obinna.w@uclnig.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 15, 2008
        >Greetings all,
        I have been studing the Abramelin system for 3 years now and my desire to
        practice it has increase the more.But the problem i have been having is
        geting a small child that will act as my clairvoyant.
        Y queation is, can the use of the small child be avarted.Secondly,can any
        other wand be used apart from the Almond wand.
        I will be very happy if some body out there more experience thn i am can
        help me out.
        In Peace Profound,
        FR.O.WOGU
      • haussofcompassion
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 17, 2008
          Care FR.O.WOGU:

          I am about to start the last third of the Abrameli ritual myself. I
          read the account of Athena she posted on enochian.org and she wrote
          that she succeeded with using a substitute wood. She is also on
          this forum and will probably be a great help to you.

          I have been lookin for almond trees myself and I went on google and
          used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
          branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
          the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
          just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
          of them has got to have it. California does have lots of amond
          trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

          I also intend to mail one of the branches to another on this forum
          who said he is looking for a branch. I went to UPS already and saw
          a 3 1/2 foot tube you can use to send stuff and the lady behind the
          counter told me I don't need any special permit or paperwork to send
          a branch, even if it is organic.

          Soon starts the fun part, the last third of the ritual, then the
          final week of evocations. Wow, this ritual went by a lot faster
          than I expected. I hope that all of us trying it on this forum get
          what we worked and prayed so much for.

          In the Great Work,

          Frater Hauss

        • obinna.w@uclnig.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008

            Greetings,
            Fr.Hauss thanks for your reply and encouragement.I never knew people will
            still be intrested in carrying out such a difficult magical operation.How
            i wish Athena can help me solve the problem of using a child as a
            clairvoyant becouse in this present day society people are always
            skeptical about what one does.
            PEACE,
            Fr O.WOGU
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
              Hauss doth schreibble :

              <SNIPS>
              > I have been looking for almond trees myself and I went on Google and
              > used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
              > branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
              > the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
              > just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
              > of them has got to have it. California does have lots of almond
              > trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

              Hi, Hauss ~

              If you look through Agrippa and the various grimoires,
              such as the *Key of Solomon*, or even in Culpepper, you
              will find that nearly any nut wood will do for your wand,
              as they all possess the necessary correspondence and
              sympathy with Jupiter/Jove/Jahveh.

              Here is a link to an essay by Joseph Peterson on the
              subject :

              The Magic Wand
              http://tinyurl.com/6eebfm

              And here are some links to a few related essays :

              The Rod of Aaron, Staff of Moses :
              Jewish Wondrous Wands
              http://tinyurl.com/5cewzy

              The Staff of Moses
              http://tinyurl.com/6p6vzs

              "Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
              Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each thing;
              Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
              Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

              'Of the Division of Chaos'
              -Dr. Simon Forman
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                Hauss doth schreibble :

                > I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
                > frankincense, a popular incense used in many religious traditions at:
                >
                > http://tinyurl.com/6xeh76
                <SNIPS>

                Hi, Hauss ~

                Here are a few related links that you might find
                interesting :

                Incensole acetate: a novel neuroprotective agent
                isolated from Boswellia carterii.

                Moussaieff A, Shein NA, Tsenter J, Grigoriadis S,
                Simeonidou C, Alexandrovich AG, Trembovler V,
                Ben-Neriah Y, Schmitz ML, Fiebich BL, Munoz E,
                Mechoulam R, Shohami E.

                [1] Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural
                Products, Medical Faculty, Hebrew University,
                Jerusalem, Israel
                [2] Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy,
                Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.

                Boswellia resin has been used as a major anti-inflammatory
                agent and for the healing of wounds for centuries.

                Incensole acetate (IA), isolated from this resin, was shown
                to inhibit the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, a key
                transcription factor in the inflammatory response.

                We now show that IA inhibits the production of inflammatory
                mediators in an in vitro model system of C6 glioma and human
                peripheral monocytes.

                Given the involvement of postinjury inflammation in the
                pathophysiology and outcome of traumatic brain injury, we
                examined the effect of IA on the inflammatory process and
                on the recovery of neurobehavioral and cognitive functions
                in a mouse model of closed head injury (CHI).

                In the brains of post-CHI mice, IA reduced glial activation,
                inhibited the expression of interleukin-1beta, and tumor
                necrosis factor-alpha mRNAs, and induced cell death in
                macrophages at the area of trauma.

                A mild hypothermic effect was also noted.

                Subsequently, IA inhibited hippocampal neurodegeneration
                and exerted a beneficial effect on functional outcome
                after CHI, indicated by reduced neurological severity
                scores and improved cognitive ability in an object
                recognition test.

                This study attributes the anti-inflammatory activity of
                Boswellia resin to IA and related cembranoid diterpenes
                and suggests that they may serve as novel neuroprotective
                agents.

                ~ from :
                Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism
                advance online publication, 16 April 2008;
                doi:10.1038/jcbfm.2008.28.
                PubMed
                http://tinyurl.com/3s7tef

                Incensole acetate, a novel anti-inflammatory compound
                isolated from Boswellia resin, inhibits nuclear
                factor-kappa B activation.
                http://tinyurl.com/4kg9mp

                " The resin of Boswellia species, particularly of Boswellia
                carteri (Burseraceae), known as frankincense or olibanum (in
                Greek) or lebona (in Hebrew), is a major component of Middle
                Eastern and European incense, and apparently has been used
                in worship since ancient times, it was a major product of
                commerce - frankincense was grown in the southern part
                of Arabia and in East Africa and camel caravans brought it
                north to Egypt and the Middle East.

                There are scattered indications that it may have sedative
                properties.

                In the Middle East during the first centuries A.D. it was
                administered in wine to prisoners sentenced to death, to
                'take away' or to 'confuse' their minds.

                In Abyssinia, where Boswellia trees are common, it is
                believed to have a tranquilizing effect and to "relieve
                people from evil spirits”.

                We found that incensole acetate, a component of Boswellia,
                is active in mice in a tetrad of assays commonly used to
                evaluate cannabinoid activity.

                These, and additional data in mice indicate that incensole
                acetate causes pharmacological activities reminiscent of
                those produced by THC and by anandamide, the endogenous
                cannabinoid, but its activity is somewhat lower.

                However, as it does not bind to the CB1 cannabinoid
                receptor, its activity is obviously not via this particular
                mechanism.

                On the basis of the content of active material in the resin
                and the level of activity, compared to THC, we assume that
                its effect on users would be considerably lower than
                that of marijuana or hashish. "

                ~ from :

                *The importance of being a sceptic* .PDF
                http://tinyurl.com/496bt5

                Moussaieff, A., and Bregman, T.
                Incensole Acetate: A Psycho-Active Compound Derived from
                Frankincense, with a Partial Cannabimimetic Profile

                15th Annual Symposium On The Cannabinoids
                2005 Program ~ .PDF
                http://tinyurl.com/4uxsoa

                --==o0o==--

                Back in the 60s, Andrija Puharich and Harry Smith did
                some extensive testing on the psychoactive effects of
                resins used for incense that contained terpenes,
                diterpenes, sesquiterpenes, &tc.

                This work grew out of their own personal interest in
                the various incense formulations to be found in old
                grimoires.

                I don't know what Andrija used for his tests, but Harry
                described for me a bong-like hotplate/thermocouple/fan
                contraption that he built for his work.

                As you might imagine, this sort of behavior didn't do much
                to endear him to Ruth and Arthur Young, whose hospitality
                he was enjoying at the time.

                More recently, Christian Ratsch has discussed the
                potentiating effects of such resins when used with other
                known psychoactive substances, such as cannabis.

                > So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
                > Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
                > incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
                > The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
                > know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
                > religious and spiritual significance the incense has.
                <SNIPS>

                As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, the procedures
                in the *Mystical Kabbalah* of Abraham Elim are drawn from
                the book of *Exodus* in the *Torah*, and so it should come
                as no surprise to discover that the incense formulation is
                based on the receipt in *Exodus*, as well.

                Here are some links to a couple of my old posts here with
                regard to the formulation of the Incense and the Anointing Oil:

                Anointing Oil & Kaneh Bosem
                Message #245 of 534
                http://tinyurl.com/5pd4pa

                Anointing Oil:
                EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP
                Message #246 of 534
                http://tinyurl.com/66ebfu

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
                  The accounts of others who said they succeeded do not always mention
                  that they used a child seer. In William Bloom's book, "The Sacred
                  Magician," his diary of his performance of the Abramelin Ritual, he
                  said he did not use one and that a child wasn't absolutely needed if
                  you did the rest of the ritual (mostly) right. I myself do not plan
                  on using a child. And I don't think you have to worry about it being
                  a necessity for you, either.

                  But whatever you do, good luck on your journey and I hope we both get
                  what we're working for.

                  Peace Profound,

                • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 23, 2008

                    Greetings,
                    Thanks Fr.Hauss
                    But when the HGA appears, how whould one who is not using a child know in
                    case he is not a clairvoyant.
                    Shine in the eternal light of the cosmic wisdom.
                    Fr.Wogu.