Re: The Sacred Magician

  • haussofcompassion
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
      Hello Frater David:

      Thanks for the support! There have been plenty of times throughout
      this whole rite where I questioned whether it is even real let alone
      worth it. And as far as feeling like s**t, I've already been there.

      Toward the beginning of this rite, my mother suffered a stroke. She
      lives in Georgia and I stay in California. As the oldest son,
      especially coming from an Asian family (mom's side), I should have
      been there for her. Luckily, it wasn't fatal, but she lost some of
      her control over her left side. Right now, she is staying with my
      sister instead of me. I felt great shame and anger at myself that I
      am not the one taking care of her right now and letting my sister
      shoulder most of the burden. I help out financially but not nearly
      as much as I should since I gave up my full time job to perform this
      thing.

      When I chose this rite, I had no idea how much I would be giving up
      or what the rest of it will cost me. But it is only for 6 months
      and the benefits are supposed to last me the rest of my life. I
      have put my life on hold during this time and I now have much to
      make up for. But listening to you, it reminds me that it may all be
      worth it.

      In L.V.X.,

      Frater Hauss

      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "David Stolowitz" <optimystic@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey bro.
      >
      > You know, being able to help others out with what I've learned and
      from my own experiences
      > is such a blessing and gift. I'm very, very grateful to be able to
      be in this position now. Its a
      > treat from my Beloved. The Divine is a Lover, and once you fall in
      love with it all the crap just
      > melts away. That's why they say that "all the scriptures are holy,
      but the song of songs is the
      > holy of holies". Unconditional, divine love IS the Song of Songs.
      I've gone into ecstasy on love
      > songs alone, and let me tell you: I'm sitting here now, singing
      along to the Corrs, and just
      > loving be able to be here and live a life of magic and wonder and
      happiness. I guess the
      > reason I want to tell you all this is because, in all likelihood,
      you're gonna have times in this
      > work where you feel like you're shit, everything you're doing is
      shit, and everything itself is
      > shit. And I just want to tell you that its not true, and that
      you're wonderful, and you will
      > accomplish what you set out to do. And we are all here to support
      you :)

      > David

    • haussofcompassion
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
        I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
        frankincense, a popular incense used in many religous traditions at:

        http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-
        documentid=100205390>1=31035

        So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
        Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
        incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
        The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
        know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
        religious and spiritual significance the incense has. You can read
        yourself about it at:

        http://www.jewishmag.com/11MAG/MYSTIC/mystic.htm

        The incense is known to cure plagues, dispel insects, even stop
        death itself. And the penalty for not using the CORRECT mixture of
        incense has been death! There is even a biblical mention of God
        Himself killing people who were about to offer the wrong incense.

        For those of us burning incense as part of our regular offerings to
        the Most High, I thought this article above would be of great
        interest. It was also one of the reasons why I was willing to
        substitute Qetoret for the Abramelin recipe given in the grimoire.

        In L.V.X.,

        Frater Hauss
      • obinna.w@uclnig.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 15, 2008
          >Greetings all,
          I have been studing the Abramelin system for 3 years now and my desire to
          practice it has increase the more.But the problem i have been having is
          geting a small child that will act as my clairvoyant.
          Y queation is, can the use of the small child be avarted.Secondly,can any
          other wand be used apart from the Almond wand.
          I will be very happy if some body out there more experience thn i am can
          help me out.
          In Peace Profound,
          FR.O.WOGU
        • haussofcompassion
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 17, 2008
            Care FR.O.WOGU:

            I am about to start the last third of the Abrameli ritual myself. I
            read the account of Athena she posted on enochian.org and she wrote
            that she succeeded with using a substitute wood. She is also on
            this forum and will probably be a great help to you.

            I have been lookin for almond trees myself and I went on google and
            used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
            branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
            the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
            just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
            of them has got to have it. California does have lots of amond
            trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

            I also intend to mail one of the branches to another on this forum
            who said he is looking for a branch. I went to UPS already and saw
            a 3 1/2 foot tube you can use to send stuff and the lady behind the
            counter told me I don't need any special permit or paperwork to send
            a branch, even if it is organic.

            Soon starts the fun part, the last third of the ritual, then the
            final week of evocations. Wow, this ritual went by a lot faster
            than I expected. I hope that all of us trying it on this forum get
            what we worked and prayed so much for.

            In the Great Work,

            Frater Hauss

          • obinna.w@uclnig.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008

              Greetings,
              Fr.Hauss thanks for your reply and encouragement.I never knew people will
              still be intrested in carrying out such a difficult magical operation.How
              i wish Athena can help me solve the problem of using a child as a
              clairvoyant becouse in this present day society people are always
              skeptical about what one does.
              PEACE,
              Fr O.WOGU
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                Hauss doth schreibble :

                <SNIPS>
                > I have been looking for almond trees myself and I went on Google and
                > used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
                > branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
                > the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
                > just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
                > of them has got to have it. California does have lots of almond
                > trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

                Hi, Hauss ~

                If you look through Agrippa and the various grimoires,
                such as the *Key of Solomon*, or even in Culpepper, you
                will find that nearly any nut wood will do for your wand,
                as they all possess the necessary correspondence and
                sympathy with Jupiter/Jove/Jahveh.

                Here is a link to an essay by Joseph Peterson on the
                subject :

                The Magic Wand
                http://tinyurl.com/6eebfm

                And here are some links to a few related essays :

                The Rod of Aaron, Staff of Moses :
                Jewish Wondrous Wands
                http://tinyurl.com/5cewzy

                The Staff of Moses
                http://tinyurl.com/6p6vzs

                "Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
                Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each thing;
                Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
                Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

                'Of the Division of Chaos'
                -Dr. Simon Forman
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                  Hauss doth schreibble :

                  > I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
                  > frankincense, a popular incense used in many religious traditions at:
                  >
                  > http://tinyurl.com/6xeh76
                  <SNIPS>

                  Hi, Hauss ~

                  Here are a few related links that you might find
                  interesting :

                  Incensole acetate: a novel neuroprotective agent
                  isolated from Boswellia carterii.

                  Moussaieff A, Shein NA, Tsenter J, Grigoriadis S,
                  Simeonidou C, Alexandrovich AG, Trembovler V,
                  Ben-Neriah Y, Schmitz ML, Fiebich BL, Munoz E,
                  Mechoulam R, Shohami E.

                  [1] Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural
                  Products, Medical Faculty, Hebrew University,
                  Jerusalem, Israel
                  [2] Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy,
                  Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.

                  Boswellia resin has been used as a major anti-inflammatory
                  agent and for the healing of wounds for centuries.

                  Incensole acetate (IA), isolated from this resin, was shown
                  to inhibit the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, a key
                  transcription factor in the inflammatory response.

                  We now show that IA inhibits the production of inflammatory
                  mediators in an in vitro model system of C6 glioma and human
                  peripheral monocytes.

                  Given the involvement of postinjury inflammation in the
                  pathophysiology and outcome of traumatic brain injury, we
                  examined the effect of IA on the inflammatory process and
                  on the recovery of neurobehavioral and cognitive functions
                  in a mouse model of closed head injury (CHI).

                  In the brains of post-CHI mice, IA reduced glial activation,
                  inhibited the expression of interleukin-1beta, and tumor
                  necrosis factor-alpha mRNAs, and induced cell death in
                  macrophages at the area of trauma.

                  A mild hypothermic effect was also noted.

                  Subsequently, IA inhibited hippocampal neurodegeneration
                  and exerted a beneficial effect on functional outcome
                  after CHI, indicated by reduced neurological severity
                  scores and improved cognitive ability in an object
                  recognition test.

                  This study attributes the anti-inflammatory activity of
                  Boswellia resin to IA and related cembranoid diterpenes
                  and suggests that they may serve as novel neuroprotective
                  agents.

                  ~ from :
                  Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism
                  advance online publication, 16 April 2008;
                  doi:10.1038/jcbfm.2008.28.
                  PubMed
                  http://tinyurl.com/3s7tef

                  Incensole acetate, a novel anti-inflammatory compound
                  isolated from Boswellia resin, inhibits nuclear
                  factor-kappa B activation.
                  http://tinyurl.com/4kg9mp

                  " The resin of Boswellia species, particularly of Boswellia
                  carteri (Burseraceae), known as frankincense or olibanum (in
                  Greek) or lebona (in Hebrew), is a major component of Middle
                  Eastern and European incense, and apparently has been used
                  in worship since ancient times, it was a major product of
                  commerce - frankincense was grown in the southern part
                  of Arabia and in East Africa and camel caravans brought it
                  north to Egypt and the Middle East.

                  There are scattered indications that it may have sedative
                  properties.

                  In the Middle East during the first centuries A.D. it was
                  administered in wine to prisoners sentenced to death, to
                  'take away' or to 'confuse' their minds.

                  In Abyssinia, where Boswellia trees are common, it is
                  believed to have a tranquilizing effect and to "relieve
                  people from evil spirits”.

                  We found that incensole acetate, a component of Boswellia,
                  is active in mice in a tetrad of assays commonly used to
                  evaluate cannabinoid activity.

                  These, and additional data in mice indicate that incensole
                  acetate causes pharmacological activities reminiscent of
                  those produced by THC and by anandamide, the endogenous
                  cannabinoid, but its activity is somewhat lower.

                  However, as it does not bind to the CB1 cannabinoid
                  receptor, its activity is obviously not via this particular
                  mechanism.

                  On the basis of the content of active material in the resin
                  and the level of activity, compared to THC, we assume that
                  its effect on users would be considerably lower than
                  that of marijuana or hashish. "

                  ~ from :

                  *The importance of being a sceptic* .PDF
                  http://tinyurl.com/496bt5

                  Moussaieff, A., and Bregman, T.
                  Incensole Acetate: A Psycho-Active Compound Derived from
                  Frankincense, with a Partial Cannabimimetic Profile

                  15th Annual Symposium On The Cannabinoids
                  2005 Program ~ .PDF
                  http://tinyurl.com/4uxsoa

                  --==o0o==--

                  Back in the 60s, Andrija Puharich and Harry Smith did
                  some extensive testing on the psychoactive effects of
                  resins used for incense that contained terpenes,
                  diterpenes, sesquiterpenes, &tc.

                  This work grew out of their own personal interest in
                  the various incense formulations to be found in old
                  grimoires.

                  I don't know what Andrija used for his tests, but Harry
                  described for me a bong-like hotplate/thermocouple/fan
                  contraption that he built for his work.

                  As you might imagine, this sort of behavior didn't do much
                  to endear him to Ruth and Arthur Young, whose hospitality
                  he was enjoying at the time.

                  More recently, Christian Ratsch has discussed the
                  potentiating effects of such resins when used with other
                  known psychoactive substances, such as cannabis.

                  > So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
                  > Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
                  > incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
                  > The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
                  > know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
                  > religious and spiritual significance the incense has.
                  <SNIPS>

                  As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, the procedures
                  in the *Mystical Kabbalah* of Abraham Elim are drawn from
                  the book of *Exodus* in the *Torah*, and so it should come
                  as no surprise to discover that the incense formulation is
                  based on the receipt in *Exodus*, as well.

                  Here are some links to a couple of my old posts here with
                  regard to the formulation of the Incense and the Anointing Oil:

                  Anointing Oil & Kaneh Bosem
                  Message #245 of 534
                  http://tinyurl.com/5pd4pa

                  Anointing Oil:
                  EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP
                  Message #246 of 534
                  http://tinyurl.com/66ebfu

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
                    The accounts of others who said they succeeded do not always mention
                    that they used a child seer. In William Bloom's book, "The Sacred
                    Magician," his diary of his performance of the Abramelin Ritual, he
                    said he did not use one and that a child wasn't absolutely needed if
                    you did the rest of the ritual (mostly) right. I myself do not plan
                    on using a child. And I don't think you have to worry about it being
                    a necessity for you, either.

                    But whatever you do, good luck on your journey and I hope we both get
                    what we're working for.

                    Peace Profound,

                  • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 23, 2008

                      Greetings,
                      Thanks Fr.Hauss
                      But when the HGA appears, how whould one who is not using a child know in
                      case he is not a clairvoyant.
                      Shine in the eternal light of the cosmic wisdom.
                      Fr.Wogu.