Re: The Sacred Magician

  • haussofcompassion
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
      Cara Soror Athena:

      The only real change I have done in my ritual is for picking the
      Sabbath day. My tradition celebrates it on a different day than the
      weekend which interfered with me being able to dedicate the whole
      day to spiritual contemplation and making offerings to God. I was
      not comfortable with this but I felt it is the most practical thing
      to do, especially since I still have to make offerings and spend the
      Sabbath day in religious worship even after the ritual is over.

      I am not big on the idea of reading the Psalms of David since that
      text has little relevance to my particular tradition. But as Frater
      F.P. pointed out and from what I gather reading your account, you
      both did it so I shall as well.

      As far as confession goes, I do that daily in my ritual prayers
      though it is starting to get very repetitive. There just isn't that
      much I feel guilty about and mentioning the same things over and
      over is really tiring. If it's about forgiving yourself and moving
      on, I've done that long ago. But since it is a requirement, I do it
      anyway.

      I am almost into the last 3rd of this rite and I look eagerly toward
      the end and the expected results. It should be interesting, if
      nothing else.

      In L.V.X.,

      Frater Hauss

      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Athena <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

      > After reading this post, you may be interested in some of the old
      posts I
      > have done on this group. I work from a LHP perspective for a lot
      of things,
      > and have talked a little about this and the Abramelin working. I
      would say
      > whatever you do, do NOT change the working partway through. Do
      not suddenly
      > decide you are going to do something differently, but stick with
      your
      > original plan. I say this due to some of the older posts where a
      LHP
      > practitioner did attempt the Abramelin working, but was switching
      back and
      > forth between their approach (very bad idea in my opinion, and all
      too good
      > for the ego etc. to take control).

      > On 7/10/08, haussofcompassion <JoshuaHill1@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Care Frater David:
      > >
      > > Thanks for the post below and sharing your experience of the
      > > Abramelin ritual with me (us). Until just recently, Bloom's
      account
      > > of the ritual was the only one I had available. I just recently
      > > read Athena's on the enochian.org web site. I'm taking up this
      rite
      > > and am myself "goveling" constantly. It is simply used as a
      > > counterpart to my usual personality. I come from mostly a Left
      Hand
      > > Path background and my ego is more than just fully developed. My
      > > acts of prayer and self-enforced humility are ways to keep my
      ego in
      > > check and to remind me that this ritual isn't "all about me" but
      > > require the help of outside sources as well: my HGA and "God."
      > >
      > > The account of Bloom sounded so fantastic to me because I have
      yet
      > > to experience them. As part of the LHP, we are constantly on
      guard
      > > against the Apep Serpent, also known as the Demon called "Folly"
      and
      > > self-delusion. As such, I rarely "read" anything into my
      > > experiences and am bluntly and brutally honest about what I have
      or
      > > have not yet been through. But I'm not sure what's in store for
      me
      > > so I'm keeping myself open to whatever happens.
      > >
      > > I wonder what forms the Unredeemed Spirits will take for me when
      > > finally "confront" them. I spent many years viewing them not as
      > > enemies, but powerful archetypes that are to be used and learned
      > > from.
      > >
      > > As for confronting the "dark" side of my self and personality,
      I've
      > > more than already been there, I've revelled in it and found it a
      > > source of great strength, motivation, and wisdom when utilized
      in a
      > > controlled fashion. Now I'm going to try the "opposite" side. One
      > > of the things I constantly guarded against was stasis and
      > > stagnation. Now I have moved on to another stage of my magical
      > > development. And I have the feeling that the Abramelin Ritual
      won't
      > > be the end of it, either.
      > >
      > > Again, thanks for your post. Until I got to this forum, I wasn't
      > > sure if I was the only one who went through this stuff recently
      and
      > > if there was even any real chance of success. Now I am further
      > > encouraged and I hope that I complete the rite and achieve its
      goals.

      > > In L.V.X.,
      > >
      > > Frater Hauss
      > >
      > > --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com <abramelin%
      40yahoogroups.com>, "David
> [...]
      > > > special effects are not important compared to the personal
      changes
      > > > you undergo from within. First seek the Kingdom of God, and the
      > > signs
      > > > will follow.
      > > >
      > > > We all receive the satanic visitation in different forms that
      are
      > > > actually personally suited to our own particular neuroses. I'm
      > > > inclined to think that in the process of summoning our personal
      > > angel
      > > > and agathodaemon, we can't help but attract the equal and
      opposite
      > > > force of our personal cacodemon. The demons are actually at
      work
      > > > throughout the operation, but they seem to make their biggest
      > > > appearances at the beginning and at the end. Abraham emphasizes
      > > that
      > > > among all kinds of objections, they particularly try to dispute
      > > with
      > > > us on matters of religion and spirituality. I found this to be
      > > very,
      > > > VERY true! Dee and Kelly were confronted by a glamourous man in
      > > their
      > > > scrying, who tried to convince them that everything they had
      > > > channeled was false. Meeting my own adversary was like finding
      my
      > > > doppelganger from another universe and seeing what could have
      > > occured
      > > > and who I would have become had I embraced a different path. I
      > > found
      > > > reason to be powerless against him, and in the end I had to
      rely
      > > on
      > > > faith and the intuitions of my heart.
      > > >
      > > > I began to learn from that point on that all of this training
      is
      > > > really a journey beyond the sphere of Understanding - personal
      or
      > > > collective. Wisdom and the Fullness are superrational and
      require
      > > us
      > > > to go beyond the abyss of our own perceptions, reasonings, and
      > > > understandings. Later in my operation, when I summoned the four
      > > demon
      > > > emperors, Satan accused me of being completely arrogant and
      > > > narcissitic - doing this whole operation for nothing more than
      > > self-
      > > > aggrandizement and imagining myself to be pious and "spiritual"
      > > when
      > > > in reality I'm just egotistical. I had to really consider what
      he
      > > > said and meditate on it later with more divine perspective. The
      > > old
      > > > adage is true: there's always a kernal of truth to what the
      demons
      > > > tell you, but they distort things and don't have the whole
      story.
      > > For
      > > > them, everything is seen through the eyes of ego and animal

    • haussofcompassion
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
        Hello Frater David:

        Thanks for the support! There have been plenty of times throughout
        this whole rite where I questioned whether it is even real let alone
        worth it. And as far as feeling like s**t, I've already been there.

        Toward the beginning of this rite, my mother suffered a stroke. She
        lives in Georgia and I stay in California. As the oldest son,
        especially coming from an Asian family (mom's side), I should have
        been there for her. Luckily, it wasn't fatal, but she lost some of
        her control over her left side. Right now, she is staying with my
        sister instead of me. I felt great shame and anger at myself that I
        am not the one taking care of her right now and letting my sister
        shoulder most of the burden. I help out financially but not nearly
        as much as I should since I gave up my full time job to perform this
        thing.

        When I chose this rite, I had no idea how much I would be giving up
        or what the rest of it will cost me. But it is only for 6 months
        and the benefits are supposed to last me the rest of my life. I
        have put my life on hold during this time and I now have much to
        make up for. But listening to you, it reminds me that it may all be
        worth it.

        In L.V.X.,

        Frater Hauss

        --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "David Stolowitz" <optimystic@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey bro.
        >
        > You know, being able to help others out with what I've learned and
        from my own experiences
        > is such a blessing and gift. I'm very, very grateful to be able to
        be in this position now. Its a
        > treat from my Beloved. The Divine is a Lover, and once you fall in
        love with it all the crap just
        > melts away. That's why they say that "all the scriptures are holy,
        but the song of songs is the
        > holy of holies". Unconditional, divine love IS the Song of Songs.
        I've gone into ecstasy on love
        > songs alone, and let me tell you: I'm sitting here now, singing
        along to the Corrs, and just
        > loving be able to be here and live a life of magic and wonder and
        happiness. I guess the
        > reason I want to tell you all this is because, in all likelihood,
        you're gonna have times in this
        > work where you feel like you're shit, everything you're doing is
        shit, and everything itself is
        > shit. And I just want to tell you that its not true, and that
        you're wonderful, and you will
        > accomplish what you set out to do. And we are all here to support
        you :)

        > David

      • haussofcompassion
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
          I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
          frankincense, a popular incense used in many religous traditions at:

          http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-
          documentid=100205390>1=31035

          So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
          Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
          incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
          The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
          know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
          religious and spiritual significance the incense has. You can read
          yourself about it at:

          http://www.jewishmag.com/11MAG/MYSTIC/mystic.htm

          The incense is known to cure plagues, dispel insects, even stop
          death itself. And the penalty for not using the CORRECT mixture of
          incense has been death! There is even a biblical mention of God
          Himself killing people who were about to offer the wrong incense.

          For those of us burning incense as part of our regular offerings to
          the Most High, I thought this article above would be of great
          interest. It was also one of the reasons why I was willing to
          substitute Qetoret for the Abramelin recipe given in the grimoire.

          In L.V.X.,

          Frater Hauss
        • obinna.w@uclnig.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 15, 2008
            >Greetings all,
            I have been studing the Abramelin system for 3 years now and my desire to
            practice it has increase the more.But the problem i have been having is
            geting a small child that will act as my clairvoyant.
            Y queation is, can the use of the small child be avarted.Secondly,can any
            other wand be used apart from the Almond wand.
            I will be very happy if some body out there more experience thn i am can
            help me out.
            In Peace Profound,
            FR.O.WOGU
          • haussofcompassion
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 17, 2008
              Care FR.O.WOGU:

              I am about to start the last third of the Abrameli ritual myself. I
              read the account of Athena she posted on enochian.org and she wrote
              that she succeeded with using a substitute wood. She is also on
              this forum and will probably be a great help to you.

              I have been lookin for almond trees myself and I went on google and
              used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
              branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
              the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
              just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
              of them has got to have it. California does have lots of amond
              trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

              I also intend to mail one of the branches to another on this forum
              who said he is looking for a branch. I went to UPS already and saw
              a 3 1/2 foot tube you can use to send stuff and the lady behind the
              counter told me I don't need any special permit or paperwork to send
              a branch, even if it is organic.

              Soon starts the fun part, the last third of the ritual, then the
              final week of evocations. Wow, this ritual went by a lot faster
              than I expected. I hope that all of us trying it on this forum get
              what we worked and prayed so much for.

              In the Great Work,

              Frater Hauss

            • obinna.w@uclnig.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008

                Greetings,
                Fr.Hauss thanks for your reply and encouragement.I never knew people will
                still be intrested in carrying out such a difficult magical operation.How
                i wish Athena can help me solve the problem of using a child as a
                clairvoyant becouse in this present day society people are always
                skeptical about what one does.
                PEACE,
                Fr O.WOGU
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                  Hauss doth schreibble :

                  <SNIPS>
                  > I have been looking for almond trees myself and I went on Google and
                  > used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
                  > branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
                  > the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
                  > just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
                  > of them has got to have it. California does have lots of almond
                  > trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

                  Hi, Hauss ~

                  If you look through Agrippa and the various grimoires,
                  such as the *Key of Solomon*, or even in Culpepper, you
                  will find that nearly any nut wood will do for your wand,
                  as they all possess the necessary correspondence and
                  sympathy with Jupiter/Jove/Jahveh.

                  Here is a link to an essay by Joseph Peterson on the
                  subject :

                  The Magic Wand
                  http://tinyurl.com/6eebfm

                  And here are some links to a few related essays :

                  The Rod of Aaron, Staff of Moses :
                  Jewish Wondrous Wands
                  http://tinyurl.com/5cewzy

                  The Staff of Moses
                  http://tinyurl.com/6p6vzs

                  "Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
                  Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each thing;
                  Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
                  Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

                  'Of the Division of Chaos'
                  -Dr. Simon Forman
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                    Hauss doth schreibble :

                    > I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
                    > frankincense, a popular incense used in many religious traditions at:
                    >
                    > http://tinyurl.com/6xeh76
                    <SNIPS>

                    Hi, Hauss ~

                    Here are a few related links that you might find
                    interesting :

                    Incensole acetate: a novel neuroprotective agent
                    isolated from Boswellia carterii.

                    Moussaieff A, Shein NA, Tsenter J, Grigoriadis S,
                    Simeonidou C, Alexandrovich AG, Trembovler V,
                    Ben-Neriah Y, Schmitz ML, Fiebich BL, Munoz E,
                    Mechoulam R, Shohami E.

                    [1] Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural
                    Products, Medical Faculty, Hebrew University,
                    Jerusalem, Israel
                    [2] Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy,
                    Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.

                    Boswellia resin has been used as a major anti-inflammatory
                    agent and for the healing of wounds for centuries.

                    Incensole acetate (IA), isolated from this resin, was shown
                    to inhibit the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, a key
                    transcription factor in the inflammatory response.

                    We now show that IA inhibits the production of inflammatory
                    mediators in an in vitro model system of C6 glioma and human
                    peripheral monocytes.

                    Given the involvement of postinjury inflammation in the
                    pathophysiology and outcome of traumatic brain injury, we
                    examined the effect of IA on the inflammatory process and
                    on the recovery of neurobehavioral and cognitive functions
                    in a mouse model of closed head injury (CHI).

                    In the brains of post-CHI mice, IA reduced glial activation,
                    inhibited the expression of interleukin-1beta, and tumor
                    necrosis factor-alpha mRNAs, and induced cell death in
                    macrophages at the area of trauma.

                    A mild hypothermic effect was also noted.

                    Subsequently, IA inhibited hippocampal neurodegeneration
                    and exerted a beneficial effect on functional outcome
                    after CHI, indicated by reduced neurological severity
                    scores and improved cognitive ability in an object
                    recognition test.

                    This study attributes the anti-inflammatory activity of
                    Boswellia resin to IA and related cembranoid diterpenes
                    and suggests that they may serve as novel neuroprotective
                    agents.

                    ~ from :
                    Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism
                    advance online publication, 16 April 2008;
                    doi:10.1038/jcbfm.2008.28.
                    PubMed
                    http://tinyurl.com/3s7tef

                    Incensole acetate, a novel anti-inflammatory compound
                    isolated from Boswellia resin, inhibits nuclear
                    factor-kappa B activation.
                    http://tinyurl.com/4kg9mp

                    " The resin of Boswellia species, particularly of Boswellia
                    carteri (Burseraceae), known as frankincense or olibanum (in
                    Greek) or lebona (in Hebrew), is a major component of Middle
                    Eastern and European incense, and apparently has been used
                    in worship since ancient times, it was a major product of
                    commerce - frankincense was grown in the southern part
                    of Arabia and in East Africa and camel caravans brought it
                    north to Egypt and the Middle East.

                    There are scattered indications that it may have sedative
                    properties.

                    In the Middle East during the first centuries A.D. it was
                    administered in wine to prisoners sentenced to death, to
                    'take away' or to 'confuse' their minds.

                    In Abyssinia, where Boswellia trees are common, it is
                    believed to have a tranquilizing effect and to "relieve
                    people from evil spirits”.

                    We found that incensole acetate, a component of Boswellia,
                    is active in mice in a tetrad of assays commonly used to
                    evaluate cannabinoid activity.

                    These, and additional data in mice indicate that incensole
                    acetate causes pharmacological activities reminiscent of
                    those produced by THC and by anandamide, the endogenous
                    cannabinoid, but its activity is somewhat lower.

                    However, as it does not bind to the CB1 cannabinoid
                    receptor, its activity is obviously not via this particular
                    mechanism.

                    On the basis of the content of active material in the resin
                    and the level of activity, compared to THC, we assume that
                    its effect on users would be considerably lower than
                    that of marijuana or hashish. "

                    ~ from :

                    *The importance of being a sceptic* .PDF
                    http://tinyurl.com/496bt5

                    Moussaieff, A., and Bregman, T.
                    Incensole Acetate: A Psycho-Active Compound Derived from
                    Frankincense, with a Partial Cannabimimetic Profile

                    15th Annual Symposium On The Cannabinoids
                    2005 Program ~ .PDF
                    http://tinyurl.com/4uxsoa

                    --==o0o==--

                    Back in the 60s, Andrija Puharich and Harry Smith did
                    some extensive testing on the psychoactive effects of
                    resins used for incense that contained terpenes,
                    diterpenes, sesquiterpenes, &tc.

                    This work grew out of their own personal interest in
                    the various incense formulations to be found in old
                    grimoires.

                    I don't know what Andrija used for his tests, but Harry
                    described for me a bong-like hotplate/thermocouple/fan
                    contraption that he built for his work.

                    As you might imagine, this sort of behavior didn't do much
                    to endear him to Ruth and Arthur Young, whose hospitality
                    he was enjoying at the time.

                    More recently, Christian Ratsch has discussed the
                    potentiating effects of such resins when used with other
                    known psychoactive substances, such as cannabis.

                    > So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
                    > Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
                    > incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
                    > The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
                    > know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
                    > religious and spiritual significance the incense has.
                    <SNIPS>

                    As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, the procedures
                    in the *Mystical Kabbalah* of Abraham Elim are drawn from
                    the book of *Exodus* in the *Torah*, and so it should come
                    as no surprise to discover that the incense formulation is
                    based on the receipt in *Exodus*, as well.

                    Here are some links to a couple of my old posts here with
                    regard to the formulation of the Incense and the Anointing Oil:

                    Anointing Oil & Kaneh Bosem
                    Message #245 of 534
                    http://tinyurl.com/5pd4pa

                    Anointing Oil:
                    EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP
                    Message #246 of 534
                    http://tinyurl.com/66ebfu

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
                      The accounts of others who said they succeeded do not always mention
                      that they used a child seer. In William Bloom's book, "The Sacred
                      Magician," his diary of his performance of the Abramelin Ritual, he
                      said he did not use one and that a child wasn't absolutely needed if
                      you did the rest of the ritual (mostly) right. I myself do not plan
                      on using a child. And I don't think you have to worry about it being
                      a necessity for you, either.

                      But whatever you do, good luck on your journey and I hope we both get
                      what we're working for.

                      Peace Profound,

                    • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 23, 2008

                        Greetings,
                        Thanks Fr.Hauss
                        But when the HGA appears, how whould one who is not using a child know in
                        case he is not a clairvoyant.
                        Shine in the eternal light of the cosmic wisdom.
                        Fr.Wogu.