Re: [abramelin] Re: Bloom's "Sacred Magician"

    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
      On 7/9/08, templumkat <marcus@...> wrote:

      >  I can only comment from those and my own working, which was several
      >  years ago (there are a couple of photos on this group from that
      >  working). My experience and conclusions - which have grown since -
      >  would lead me to suggest that the Abramelin is a "self-extracting
      >  program" which unzips itself into whatever operating system (i.e.
      >  culture, time/space, personality) provided to it. Therefore it will
      >  be a unique experience each time, albeit with an identical result
      >  where performed appropriately and - to be brutally frank - where the
      >  Angel concurs with its involvement.

      Makes sense about the self extracting aspect of the working.  I found that during mine it was important to not bring any external systems into the operation.  I even stopped doing Enochian magic during that time.  Perhaps this was specific to myself though and not relevent to others.

      >  The Goetia is not a remotely similar 'grimoire', I'd have to say. The
      >  Abramelin is specifically designed to test the operator working
      >  backwards from the result, i.e. knowledge and conversation of the
      >  Holy Guardian Angel. It will therefore also depend on where you are
      >  at the commencement of the working. In my case, I only attempted it,
      >  as written, leaving a full-time career, etc., after thirty years of
      >  magickal work in the initiatory system. Another attempted it from a
      >  background in theosophy, and their experience was also somewhat
      >  different from mine other than the result.

      You had been at magic far longer when you did your working then when I had when I did my working... but I'm wondering if you experienced the same affect of seeing the Abramelin operation as having more to it then a lot of the previous years experience?  There is a lot to be learned over the years of working magic, but it's as if the Abramelin working just gives all that much more of experience, knowlege, connection and learning.

      >  Any expectations you have will be confounded. The Abramelin is an act
      >  of faith. If you fail, it should be of sufficient impact to ensure
      >  that your mental health could only then be maintained by renouncing
      >  all forms of magick as a waste of your valuable time on this planet.
      >  If you suceed, then the reward is truly unlike any other magickal act
      >  or mystical experience, and is of life-changing impact.

      I have seen mentions of not being able to finish by a few magicians, but I think in each case, they did stay on the magical path afterwards.  I am assuming that you beleive a second attempt is just out of the question?

    • MARCUS KATZ
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
        Hello Athena, All

        Perhaps when the Abramelin is performed it is sufficiently well-designed to work as an entirely pure method, with its own sense of structure, rhythm and result. Any modification - particularly, as you say, half-way through - is likely then to have the effect of polluting the ritual and negating the intended result. This was my experience.

        It's also like saying, "so, you tell me this vehicle will take me to Paris, and you tell me you know everything about Paris, Vehicles and Travel. I have never been to Paris, never driven this sort of Vehicle, and Travel is an entirely new experience for me. Now, before I start, I'd like to make my own changes to the Map, the Car, and by the way, I think it'll be better if I go via Iraq." Well, it may work out, and for some, via Iraq may indeed be a "better" way, but the test is simply whether we meet in Paris or not in six months. There is only one Paris, it has the same landmarks for everyone who arrives, and although we may all stay in slightly different places, and have slightly different travel stories, our experience of the Arc d'Triomphe will be much the same. If someone tells me they got to Paris and it was a place of torn apart by conflict, heat, oil and dust, I'll draw my own conclusions.

        In the sense of making a second attempt, I'd extend that analogy, which is not (like any metaphor, and particularly here) complete nor entirely accurate. That is to say, if you have planned a six-month journey, to a place that everyone tells you exists, is fundamental to your geography of the world - let's say "the entire continent of Europe" and you require heavy sponsorship and support, and then you set off ... rowing like crazy (the vehicle is a rowing boat) and six months later, you are still at sea, what happens? You could continue ... but then, these people that told you about Europe were wrong, because you have followed the map to the letter? So they are probably also wrong about Europe itself. You woudn't have the energy to row knowing you'd been lied to. Safer to return home. Or, you could return the way you came - and if you're lucky, because you will have become so exhausted rowing it'll take a couple of years to recover just from that - find another life like you had before, and start saving up to make the attempt again? Well, again, possible, but I suspect the knowledge of the fruitless journey will weigh so heavy that the new life will always seem better, and the effort to move out again so much harder.

        And you really couldn't pretend you'd been to Europe, just to keep your world-view intact. Well, I guess you could, it'd be a massive strain on your life, and you'd better avoid meeting anyone who has actually been there, because that would simply destroy you on all sorts of levels.

        As to, how do you know if you have got to Europe, or specifically, Paris? That's always, I think, a question obviously by people who haven't been there yet. Similarly, the question, what's it like? When you've been to Paris, quite often the question is simply "where next?" Particularly if Paris turns out to be a person, not a place, and when you meet her, everything you've just read and been told about Paris makes more sense - that it was never really just a "place", and that's the secret. It's a place where you meet someone. You're either then in relationship with Her or you still talk about Paris as a city where you saw the Arc d'Triomphe alone, not in the arms of the Lover you met there.

        I think also, in the case of success or failure, the magical path cannot then be worked for a while as the implication of the result, and its integration into any life, takes several years. There's also, hinted at by Aaron Leitch and a couple of others, and as I found, a 'hiatus' that immediately follows the working which can be several months to a couple of years. This is like the "Black Monday/Tuesday" that follows the highest weekend experience of Ecstasy - when you come down, you crash for a while. On returning to esoteric work, I believe one is more likely to take a "mystical" path, and perceive previous occult work as a foundation and template in which the new work is performed, but for very different reasons and result. That will be informed by the Angel and your relationship to Him.

        In the Great Work

        Frater F.P.
        Learn to Live a Magickal Life!

        >  I can only comment from those and my own working, which was several
        >  years ago (there are a couple of photos on this group from that
        >  working). My experience and conclusions - which have grown since -
        >  would lead me to suggest that the Abramelin is a "self-extracting
        >  program" which unzips itself into whatever operating system (i.e.
        >  culture, time/space, personality) provided to it. Therefore it will
        >  be a unique experience each time, albeit with an identical result
        >  where performed appropriately and - to be brutally frank - where the
        >  Angel concurs with its involvement.

        Makes sense about the self extracting aspect of the working.  I found that during mine it was important to not bring any external systems into the operation.  I even stopped doing Enochian magic during that time.  Perhaps this was specific to myself though and not relevent to others.

        >  The Goetia is not a remotely similar 'grimoire', I'd have to say. The
        >  Abramelin is specifically designed to test the operator working
        >  backwards from the result, i.e. knowledge and conversation of the
        >  Holy Guardian Angel. It will therefore also depend on where you are
        >  at the commencement of the working. In my case, I only attempted it,
        >  as written, leaving a full-time career, etc., after thirty years of
        >  magickal work in the initiatory system. Another attempted it from a
        >  background in theosophy, and their experience was also somewhat
        >  different from mine other than the result.

        You had been at magic far longer when you did your working then when I had when I did my working... but I'm wondering if you experienced the same affect of seeing the Abramelin operation as having more to it then a lot of the previous years experience?  There is a lot to be learned over the years of working magic, but it's as if the Abramelin working just gives all that much more of experience, knowlege, connection and learning.

        >  Any expectations you have will be confounded. The Abramelin is an act
        >  of faith. If you fail, it should be of sufficient impact to ensure
        >  that your mental health could only then be maintained by renouncing
        >  all forms of magick as a waste of your valuable time on this planet.
        >  If you suceed, then the reward is truly unlike any other magickal act
        >  or mystical experience, and is of life-changing impact.

        I have seen mentions of not being able to finish by a few magicians, but I think in each case, they did stay on the magical path afterwards.  I am assuming that you beleive a second attempt is just out of the question?

        www.enochian. org

      • David Stolowitz
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
          Hey bro.

          You know, being able to help others out with what I've learned and from my own experiences
          is such a blessing and gift. I'm very, very grateful to be able to be in this position now. Its a
          treat from my Beloved. The Divine is a Lover, and once you fall in love with it all the crap just
          melts away. That's why they say that "all the scriptures are holy, but the song of songs is the
          holy of holies". Unconditional, divine love IS the Song of Songs. I've gone into ecstasy on love
          songs alone, and let me tell you: I'm sitting here now, singing along to the Corrs, and just
          loving be able to be here and live a life of magic and wonder and happiness. I guess the
          reason I want to tell you all this is because, in all likelihood, you're gonna have times in this
          work where you feel like you're shit, everything you're doing is shit, and everything itself is
          shit. And I just want to tell you that its not true, and that you're wonderful, and you will
          accomplish what you set out to do. And we are all here to support you :)

          David
        • haussofcompassion
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
            Cara Soror Athena:

            The only real change I have done in my ritual is for picking the
            Sabbath day. My tradition celebrates it on a different day than the
            weekend which interfered with me being able to dedicate the whole
            day to spiritual contemplation and making offerings to God. I was
            not comfortable with this but I felt it is the most practical thing
            to do, especially since I still have to make offerings and spend the
            Sabbath day in religious worship even after the ritual is over.

            I am not big on the idea of reading the Psalms of David since that
            text has little relevance to my particular tradition. But as Frater
            F.P. pointed out and from what I gather reading your account, you
            both did it so I shall as well.

            As far as confession goes, I do that daily in my ritual prayers
            though it is starting to get very repetitive. There just isn't that
            much I feel guilty about and mentioning the same things over and
            over is really tiring. If it's about forgiving yourself and moving
            on, I've done that long ago. But since it is a requirement, I do it
            anyway.

            I am almost into the last 3rd of this rite and I look eagerly toward
            the end and the expected results. It should be interesting, if
            nothing else.

            In L.V.X.,

            Frater Hauss

            --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Athena <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

            > After reading this post, you may be interested in some of the old
            posts I
            > have done on this group. I work from a LHP perspective for a lot
            of things,
            > and have talked a little about this and the Abramelin working. I
            would say
            > whatever you do, do NOT change the working partway through. Do
            not suddenly
            > decide you are going to do something differently, but stick with
            your
            > original plan. I say this due to some of the older posts where a
            LHP
            > practitioner did attempt the Abramelin working, but was switching
            back and
            > forth between their approach (very bad idea in my opinion, and all
            too good
            > for the ego etc. to take control).

            > On 7/10/08, haussofcompassion <JoshuaHill1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Care Frater David:
            > >
            > > Thanks for the post below and sharing your experience of the
            > > Abramelin ritual with me (us). Until just recently, Bloom's
            account
            > > of the ritual was the only one I had available. I just recently
            > > read Athena's on the enochian.org web site. I'm taking up this
            rite
            > > and am myself "goveling" constantly. It is simply used as a
            > > counterpart to my usual personality. I come from mostly a Left
            Hand
            > > Path background and my ego is more than just fully developed. My
            > > acts of prayer and self-enforced humility are ways to keep my
            ego in
            > > check and to remind me that this ritual isn't "all about me" but
            > > require the help of outside sources as well: my HGA and "God."
            > >
            > > The account of Bloom sounded so fantastic to me because I have
            yet
            > > to experience them. As part of the LHP, we are constantly on
            guard
            > > against the Apep Serpent, also known as the Demon called "Folly"
            and
            > > self-delusion. As such, I rarely "read" anything into my
            > > experiences and am bluntly and brutally honest about what I have
            or
            > > have not yet been through. But I'm not sure what's in store for
            me
            > > so I'm keeping myself open to whatever happens.
            > >
            > > I wonder what forms the Unredeemed Spirits will take for me when
            > > finally "confront" them. I spent many years viewing them not as
            > > enemies, but powerful archetypes that are to be used and learned
            > > from.
            > >
            > > As for confronting the "dark" side of my self and personality,
            I've
> [...]
            > > > special effects are not important compared to the personal
            changes
            > > > you undergo from within. First seek the Kingdom of God, and the
            > > signs
            > > > will follow.
            > > >
            > > > We all receive the satanic visitation in different forms that
            are
            > > > actually personally suited to our own particular neuroses. I'm
            > > > inclined to think that in the process of summoning our personal
            > > angel
            > > > and agathodaemon, we can't help but attract the equal and
            opposite
            > > > force of our personal cacodemon. The demons are actually at
            work
            > > > throughout the operation, but they seem to make their biggest
            > > > appearances at the beginning and at the end. Abraham emphasizes
            > > that
            > > > among all kinds of objections, they particularly try to dispute
            > > with
            > > > us on matters of religion and spirituality. I found this to be
            > > very,
            > > > VERY true! Dee and Kelly were confronted by a glamourous man in
            > > their
            > > > scrying, who tried to convince them that everything they had
            > > > channeled was false. Meeting my own adversary was like finding
            my
            > > > doppelganger from another universe and seeing what could have
            > > occured
            > > > and who I would have become had I embraced a different path. I
            > > found
            > > > reason to be powerless against him, and in the end I had to
            rely
            > > on
            > > > faith and the intuitions of my heart.
            > > >
            > > > I began to learn from that point on that all of this training
            is
            > > > really a journey beyond the sphere of Understanding - personal
            or
            > > > collective. Wisdom and the Fullness are superrational and
            require
            > > us
            > > > to go beyond the abyss of our own perceptions, reasonings, and
            > > > understandings. Later in my operation, when I summoned the four
            > > demon
            > > > emperors, Satan accused me of being completely arrogant and
            > > > narcissitic - doing this whole operation for nothing more than
            > > self-
            > > > aggrandizement and imagining myself to be pious and "spiritual"
            > > when
            > > > in reality I'm just egotistical. I had to really consider what
            he
            > > > said and meditate on it later with more divine perspective. The
            > > old
            > > > adage is true: there's always a kernal of truth to what the
            demons
            > > > tell you, but they distort things and don't have the whole
            story.
            > > For
            > > > them, everything is seen through the eyes of ego and animal

          • haussofcompassion
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
              Hello Frater David:

              Thanks for the support! There have been plenty of times throughout
              this whole rite where I questioned whether it is even real let alone
              worth it. And as far as feeling like s**t, I've already been there.

              Toward the beginning of this rite, my mother suffered a stroke. She
              lives in Georgia and I stay in California. As the oldest son,
              especially coming from an Asian family (mom's side), I should have
              been there for her. Luckily, it wasn't fatal, but she lost some of
              her control over her left side. Right now, she is staying with my
              sister instead of me. I felt great shame and anger at myself that I
              am not the one taking care of her right now and letting my sister
              shoulder most of the burden. I help out financially but not nearly
              as much as I should since I gave up my full time job to perform this
              thing.

              When I chose this rite, I had no idea how much I would be giving up
              or what the rest of it will cost me. But it is only for 6 months
              and the benefits are supposed to last me the rest of my life. I
              have put my life on hold during this time and I now have much to
              make up for. But listening to you, it reminds me that it may all be
              worth it.

              In L.V.X.,

              Frater Hauss

              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "David Stolowitz" <optimystic@...>
              wrote:

              > Hey bro.
              >
              > You know, being able to help others out with what I've learned and
              from my own experiences
              > is such a blessing and gift. I'm very, very grateful to be able to
              be in this position now. Its a
              > treat from my Beloved. The Divine is a Lover, and once you fall in
              love with it all the crap just
              > melts away. That's why they say that "all the scriptures are holy,
              but the song of songs is the
              > holy of holies". Unconditional, divine love IS the Song of Songs.
              I've gone into ecstasy on love
              > songs alone, and let me tell you: I'm sitting here now, singing
              along to the Corrs, and just
              > loving be able to be here and live a life of magic and wonder and
              happiness. I guess the
              > reason I want to tell you all this is because, in all likelihood,
              you're gonna have times in this
              > work where you feel like you're shit, everything you're doing is
              shit, and everything itself is
              > shit. And I just want to tell you that its not true, and that
              you're wonderful, and you will
              > accomplish what you set out to do. And we are all here to support
              you :)

              > David

            • haussofcompassion
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
                I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
                frankincense, a popular incense used in many religous traditions at:

                http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-
                documentid=100205390>1=31035

                So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
                Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
                incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
                The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
                know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
                religious and spiritual significance the incense has. You can read
                yourself about it at:

                http://www.jewishmag.com/11MAG/MYSTIC/mystic.htm

                The incense is known to cure plagues, dispel insects, even stop
                death itself. And the penalty for not using the CORRECT mixture of
                incense has been death! There is even a biblical mention of God
                Himself killing people who were about to offer the wrong incense.

                For those of us burning incense as part of our regular offerings to
                the Most High, I thought this article above would be of great
                interest. It was also one of the reasons why I was willing to
                substitute Qetoret for the Abramelin recipe given in the grimoire.

                In L.V.X.,

                Frater Hauss
              • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 15, 2008
                  >Greetings all,
                  I have been studing the Abramelin system for 3 years now and my desire to
                  practice it has increase the more.But the problem i have been having is
                  geting a small child that will act as my clairvoyant.
                  Y queation is, can the use of the small child be avarted.Secondly,can any
                  other wand be used apart from the Almond wand.
                  I will be very happy if some body out there more experience thn i am can
                  help me out.
                  In Peace Profound,
                  FR.O.WOGU
                • haussofcompassion
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 17, 2008
                    Care FR.O.WOGU:

                    I am about to start the last third of the Abrameli ritual myself. I
                    read the account of Athena she posted on enochian.org and she wrote
                    that she succeeded with using a substitute wood. She is also on
                    this forum and will probably be a great help to you.

                    I have been lookin for almond trees myself and I went on google and
                    used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
                    branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
                    the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
                    just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
                    of them has got to have it. California does have lots of amond
                    trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

                    I also intend to mail one of the branches to another on this forum
                    who said he is looking for a branch. I went to UPS already and saw
                    a 3 1/2 foot tube you can use to send stuff and the lady behind the
                    counter told me I don't need any special permit or paperwork to send
                    a branch, even if it is organic.

                    Soon starts the fun part, the last third of the ritual, then the
                    final week of evocations. Wow, this ritual went by a lot faster
                    than I expected. I hope that all of us trying it on this forum get
                    what we worked and prayed so much for.

                    In the Great Work,

                    Frater Hauss

                  • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008

                      Greetings,
                      Fr.Hauss thanks for your reply and encouragement.I never knew people will
                      still be intrested in carrying out such a difficult magical operation.How
                      i wish Athena can help me solve the problem of using a child as a
                      clairvoyant becouse in this present day society people are always
                      skeptical about what one does.
                      PEACE,
                      Fr O.WOGU
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                        Hauss doth schreibble :

                        <SNIPS>
                        > I have been looking for almond trees myself and I went on Google and
                        > used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
                        > branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
                        > the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
                        > just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
                        > of them has got to have it. California does have lots of almond
                        > trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

                        Hi, Hauss ~

                        If you look through Agrippa and the various grimoires,
                        such as the *Key of Solomon*, or even in Culpepper, you
                        will find that nearly any nut wood will do for your wand,
                        as they all possess the necessary correspondence and
                        sympathy with Jupiter/Jove/Jahveh.

                        Here is a link to an essay by Joseph Peterson on the
                        subject :

                        The Magic Wand
                        http://tinyurl.com/6eebfm

                        And here are some links to a few related essays :

                        The Rod of Aaron, Staff of Moses :
                        Jewish Wondrous Wands
                        http://tinyurl.com/5cewzy

                        The Staff of Moses
                        http://tinyurl.com/6p6vzs

                        "Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
                        Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each thing;
                        Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
                        Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

                        'Of the Division of Chaos'
                        -Dr. Simon Forman
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                          Hauss doth schreibble :

                          > I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
                          > frankincense, a popular incense used in many religious traditions at:
                          >
                          > http://tinyurl.com/6xeh76
                          <SNIPS>

                          Hi, Hauss ~

                          Here are a few related links that you might find
                          interesting :

                          Incensole acetate: a novel neuroprotective agent
                          isolated from Boswellia carterii.

                          Moussaieff A, Shein NA, Tsenter J, Grigoriadis S,
                          Simeonidou C, Alexandrovich AG, Trembovler V,
                          Ben-Neriah Y, Schmitz ML, Fiebich BL, Munoz E,
                          Mechoulam R, Shohami E.

                          [1] Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural
                          Products, Medical Faculty, Hebrew University,
                          Jerusalem, Israel
                          [2] Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy,
                          Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.

                          Boswellia resin has been used as a major anti-inflammatory
                          agent and for the healing of wounds for centuries.

                          Incensole acetate (IA), isolated from this resin, was shown
                          to inhibit the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, a key
                          transcription factor in the inflammatory response.

                          We now show that IA inhibits the production of inflammatory
                          mediators in an in vitro model system of C6 glioma and human
                          peripheral monocytes.

                          Given the involvement of postinjury inflammation in the
                          pathophysiology and outcome of traumatic brain injury, we
                          examined the effect of IA on the inflammatory process and
                          on the recovery of neurobehavioral and cognitive functions
                          in a mouse model of closed head injury (CHI).

                          In the brains of post-CHI mice, IA reduced glial activation,
                          inhibited the expression of interleukin-1beta, and tumor
                          necrosis factor-alpha mRNAs, and induced cell death in
                          macrophages at the area of trauma.

                          A mild hypothermic effect was also noted.

                          Subsequently, IA inhibited hippocampal neurodegeneration
                          and exerted a beneficial effect on functional outcome
                          after CHI, indicated by reduced neurological severity
                          scores and improved cognitive ability in an object
                          recognition test.

                          This study attributes the anti-inflammatory activity of
                          Boswellia resin to IA and related cembranoid diterpenes
                          and suggests that they may serve as novel neuroprotective
                          agents.

                          ~ from :
                          Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism
                          advance online publication, 16 April 2008;
                          doi:10.1038/jcbfm.2008.28.
                          PubMed
                          http://tinyurl.com/3s7tef

                          Incensole acetate, a novel anti-inflammatory compound
                          isolated from Boswellia resin, inhibits nuclear
                          factor-kappa B activation.
                          http://tinyurl.com/4kg9mp

                          " The resin of Boswellia species, particularly of Boswellia
                          carteri (Burseraceae), known as frankincense or olibanum (in
                          Greek) or lebona (in Hebrew), is a major component of Middle
                          Eastern and European incense, and apparently has been used
                          in worship since ancient times, it was a major product of
                          commerce - frankincense was grown in the southern part
                          of Arabia and in East Africa and camel caravans brought it
                          north to Egypt and the Middle East.

                          There are scattered indications that it may have sedative
                          properties.

                          In the Middle East during the first centuries A.D. it was
                          administered in wine to prisoners sentenced to death, to
                          'take away' or to 'confuse' their minds.

                          In Abyssinia, where Boswellia trees are common, it is
                          believed to have a tranquilizing effect and to "relieve
                          people from evil spirits”.

                          We found that incensole acetate, a component of Boswellia,
                          is active in mice in a tetrad of assays commonly used to
                          evaluate cannabinoid activity.

                          These, and additional data in mice indicate that incensole
                          acetate causes pharmacological activities reminiscent of
                          those produced by THC and by anandamide, the endogenous
                          cannabinoid, but its activity is somewhat lower.

                          However, as it does not bind to the CB1 cannabinoid
                          receptor, its activity is obviously not via this particular
                          mechanism.

                          On the basis of the content of active material in the resin
                          and the level of activity, compared to THC, we assume that
                          its effect on users would be considerably lower than
                          that of marijuana or hashish. "

                          ~ from :

                          *The importance of being a sceptic* .PDF
                          http://tinyurl.com/496bt5

                          Moussaieff, A., and Bregman, T.
                          Incensole Acetate: A Psycho-Active Compound Derived from
                          Frankincense, with a Partial Cannabimimetic Profile

                          15th Annual Symposium On The Cannabinoids
                          2005 Program ~ .PDF
                          http://tinyurl.com/4uxsoa

                          --==o0o==--

                          Back in the 60s, Andrija Puharich and Harry Smith did
                          some extensive testing on the psychoactive effects of
                          resins used for incense that contained terpenes,
                          diterpenes, sesquiterpenes, &tc.

                          This work grew out of their own personal interest in
                          the various incense formulations to be found in old
                          grimoires.

                          I don't know what Andrija used for his tests, but Harry
                          described for me a bong-like hotplate/thermocouple/fan
                          contraption that he built for his work.

                          As you might imagine, this sort of behavior didn't do much
                          to endear him to Ruth and Arthur Young, whose hospitality
                          he was enjoying at the time.

                          More recently, Christian Ratsch has discussed the
                          potentiating effects of such resins when used with other
                          known psychoactive substances, such as cannabis.

                          > So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
                          > Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
                          > incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
                          > The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
                          > know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
                          > religious and spiritual significance the incense has.
                          <SNIPS>

                          As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, the procedures
                          in the *Mystical Kabbalah* of Abraham Elim are drawn from
                          the book of *Exodus* in the *Torah*, and so it should come
                          as no surprise to discover that the incense formulation is
                          based on the receipt in *Exodus*, as well.

                          Here are some links to a couple of my old posts here with
                          regard to the formulation of the Incense and the Anointing Oil:

                          Anointing Oil & Kaneh Bosem
                          Message #245 of 534
                          http://tinyurl.com/5pd4pa

                          Anointing Oil:
                          EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP
                          Message #246 of 534
                          http://tinyurl.com/66ebfu

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
                            The accounts of others who said they succeeded do not always mention
                            that they used a child seer. In William Bloom's book, "The Sacred
                            Magician," his diary of his performance of the Abramelin Ritual, he
                            said he did not use one and that a child wasn't absolutely needed if
                            you did the rest of the ritual (mostly) right. I myself do not plan
                            on using a child. And I don't think you have to worry about it being
                            a necessity for you, either.

                            But whatever you do, good luck on your journey and I hope we both get
                            what we're working for.

                            Peace Profound,

                          • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 23, 2008

                              Greetings,
                              Thanks Fr.Hauss
                              But when the HGA appears, how whould one who is not using a child know in
                              case he is not a clairvoyant.
                              Shine in the eternal light of the cosmic wisdom.
                              Fr.Wogu.