Re: Bloom's "Sacred Magician"

  • templumkat
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 9, 2008
      Care Frater

      There are about 5-6 'serious' (in my humble opinion) write-ups
      of 'serious' attempts to perform the Abramelin working as described
      in Mather's translation from the French. A couple of these are
      available on-line, one is William Bloom's, and a few others have been
      privately printed. There are also many 'passing comment' reports from
      those who have apparently worked the entire process as written, but I
      often feel these are less reliable accounts.

      I can only comment from those and my own working, which was several
      years ago (there are a couple of photos on this group from that
      working). My experience and conclusions - which have grown since -
      would lead me to suggest that the Abramelin is a "self-extracting
      program" which unzips itself into whatever operating system (i.e.
      culture, time/space, personality) provided to it. Therefore it will
      be a unique experience each time, albeit with an identical result
      where performed appropriately and - to be brutally frank - where the
      Angel concurs with its involvement.

      The Goetia is not a remotely similar 'grimoire', I'd have to say. The
      Abramelin is specifically designed to test the operator working
      backwards from the result, i.e. knowledge and conversation of the
      Holy Guardian Angel. It will therefore also depend on where you are
      at the commencement of the working. In my case, I only attempted it,
      as written, leaving a full-time career, etc., after thirty years of
      magickal work in the initiatory system. Another attempted it from a
      background in theosophy, and their experience was also somewhat
      different from mine other than the result.

      Any expectations you have will be confounded. The Abramelin is an act
      of faith. If you fail, it should be of sufficient impact to ensure
      that your mental health could only then be maintained by renouncing
      all forms of magick as a waste of your valuable time on this planet.
      If you suceed, then the reward is truly unlike any other magickal act
      or mystical experience, and is of life-changing impact.

      I purchased my Abramelin incense from Alchemy Works:

      http://www.alchemy-works.com

      You will find it expensive. The whole operation will cost you
      everything, anyway.

      The maintenance of a journal, whether you are succesful in the
      operation at this time or not, is a valuable addition to knowledge of
      the working and your own personal development.

      In the Great Work

      Frater F.P.
      http://www.farawaycentre.com
      Learn to Live a Magickal Life!

      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "haussofcompassion"

      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 9, 2008
        On 7/9/08, haussofcompassion <JoshuaHill1@...> wrote:
        > Greetings:
        >
        > Like many of you here may have done, I read and own "The Sacred
        > Magician" by William Bloom. Because of his reported success
        > performing the 6-month Mathers version of this ritual, I myself am
        > doing the shorter 6-month version instead of the longer 18-month one
        > promoted by Dehn and Guth.

        It will be interesting when a few magicians publish their experiences
        with the 18 month version :). The Sacred Magician book is defnitely
        interesting though.

        > In "The Sacred Magician," which is Bloom's journal of his personal
        > experience with the ritual, he writes about the many fantastic
        > spiritual experiences he has had during the performance of it. By
        > this stage of the ritual, he has already had contact and
        > communication with an angel, though not his HGA but just a
        > representative, as well as experiencing attacks by the "Heavies" as
        > he calls them, the Unredeemed Spirits. He also mentions having the
        > force of spiritual Light awaken within him so intensely that those
        > nearby feel greatly uncomfortable.
        > But I myself experienced none of this with the exception of the
        > headaches he talked about (and then only for several weeks) and a
        > weird experiencing with the first couple days of the ritual in which
        > a clear and distinct voice told me in my room to drop this rite and
        > try to convince me it was just a waste of time. The voice was not a
        > physical one but at the same time it was a lot "louder" and more
        > distinctive than my own thoughts are and definitely not the same as
        > one of my typical meanderings.

        I did meet a false HGA or two along the way, which is why I never
        agree with the concept of stopping the operation when you feel you
        have met your HGA. I did have watch an entity flying towards my
        window and be smacked away by a protective angel during the
        operation. Definitely interesting. I definitely had a force of light
        awaken within me, but it definitely didn't make those around me feel
        uncomfortable, more like the opposite actually.

        > But other than that, I have had no visions, no "attacks" by
        > nonphysical entities, no conscious communication with any "angels"
        > or their representatives, and basically nothing more than a few
        > distincive dreams, which were already common before the ritual. I
        > am wondering if whether it is my or Bloom's account that is the most
        > typical based on what the readers of this forum who tried the ritual
        > experienced.

        I did have a lot of conscious communication, but in my case that was a
        lot of my practice before the operation. Hmm, I'm not so sure typical
        and Abramelin can be used together in the same sentance LOL. I guess
        we will find out as others post their experiences though :).

        > I have a pavilion in my backyard which I use as my ritual area with
        > an altar set up in the middle. I purchased 2 oil lamps to try to
        > burn olive oil but finally created one on my own based on a
        > bushmaster survival training video I saw on YouTube. (I got a fancy
        > glass container and some glass "rocks" purchased from WalMart in the
        > shape of sea shells. I put the shells in the container, put in a
        > strip of cotton I cut from a new hand towel, then poured in the
        > olive oil. The glass rocks hold the wick in place and now it burns
        > brightly and long without having to constantly relight it as I had
        > to do with the oil lamps I purchased from the stores. And it's a
        > lot "prettier.")

        Hey that sounds nice, I'll have to try that. Did you have to put a
        fancy covering on it, or can air get at it and it still burn just
        fine? Trying to burn alive oil is difficult, you need a fat wick for
        that. I finally found some lanterns that would do that, but they need
        refilling so often!

        > Purchasing abramelin incense was a pain. I got mine from a store
        > called "Lucky Mojo." It is relatively expensive for me (I'm just a
        > college student who does security work and bartending now part-time
        > until I finish the ritual) and I was hoping I can find a place that
        > sells the real incense for cheaper, especially since I'll need to
        > burn it in bulk (long periods of time) during the last part of this
        > ritual. Does anyone know of anyone who sells the mixture for
        > cheaper than Lucky Mojo's? I even considered substituting Jewish
        > Qetoret (also spelled Ketoret) incense since the recipes are so
        > similar but that is even harder to find for sale and more expensive
        > than the Abramelin incense versions I saw online.

        I sell Abramelin incense and oil, but I have no idea if it's for less
        then LM. If you need quite a lot of it, I sell it for half price
        though since that would be considered a wholesale amount. The reason
        the incense is so expensive is that the proper recipe (since we are
        talking the French version) calls for Aloeswood which is quite rare
        and expensive. As a side note, be careful who you buy from and make
        sure they are using the correct ingredients; I have seen many sellers
        who substitute like crazy, especially with the oil. Also the German
        version of the incense doesn't cost much less to make. Of course you
        can also buy the raw ingredients, grind them up, and make your own
        Abramelin incense. This does tend to come out to about half the
        price. (I sell those too of course).

        > But back to the main point, has anyone working or who has worked
        > this ritual before experienced the many "weird" things Bloom talked
        > about by the time they reached this stage of the ritual or does it
        > seem that stuff was unique to the experience of Bloom? I also have
        > in my library a book called "Goetic Evocation" by Steve Savedow, a
        > former OTO magician and initiated Witch, which talked about his
        > experience performing a ritual in a similar grimoire, the Goetia.
        > Based on what he wrote, he didn't get any "funky" results until it
        > was time to call the spirits, and even then he had to make repeated
        > attempts before an evocation actually worked.

        It's been so long since I read that book, that I don't even remember
        the wierd stuff he talked about. I did have enough wierd stuff though
        including seeing a couple of physical angels (long story). I see
        Goetia workings as completely different then Abramelin for many
        reasons. Completely different working style, mostly different
        pantheon and etc. Btw, my Abramelin experiences (well some of them)
        are posted online on my website if you are curious. I think I only
        posted about half of them so far though. www.enochian.org under
        articles.

        > Let me know what you think and if you are willing to talk about it,
        > what your experiences up to this time was like during the
        > performance of this ritual. I myself am keeping a daily journal of
        > this rite and I hope it will end well.
        >
        > In L.V.X.,
        >
        > Frater Hauss

        I was doing so well with my daily journaling during the rite for the
        first half of it, but then stopped journaling nearly as much after
        that unfortunately. I wish I had kept it up, as some of the later
        entries are damn interesting!

        Athena
      • haussofcompassion
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 9, 2008
          Care Frater F.P.:

          Thank you for the incense site. I ran across it before and added it
          to my "Favorites" list but never actually pursued it. Now I'll take
          another look.

          Thank you for letting me know of the efforts of yourself and others
          who have performed this rite. It helps to know that I am not alone
          in this and that there is a real chance of success. I'll start
          looking thorugh the files on this site for any postings on your
          experiences or the experiences of others.

          I'm not sure whether or not my Angel will consent to this
          operatioins's successful completion. I can only try. Like you
          said, it is an act of faith. Whether or not failure will cause me
          to give up on all forms of magic I seriously doubt, but I would be
          greatly disappointed if this should fail.

          I come from a different magical background. I am an initiate in
          quite a handful of traditions, Eastern and Western, Left Hand Path
          and Right Hand Path. I even got formally initiated (through
          multiple grades) in the Western Hermetic Tradition just to prepare
          for the performance of this rite. I am a full time student (after
          years in the military) as well as a full time office employee who
          gave up my work as well as 2 semesters of school just to perform
          this rite. I have been contemplating doing this since the mid
          1990's and have been making serious attempts to prepare for it since
          2006. It was only now after my family moved away, I moved into a
          new place, and I found work that I may do that won't interfere with
          my prayer times, given up my lovers, canceled all vacations and
          travel plans, etc. Needless to say, I have lost much already. I
          have lost a job I won't be able to come back to, a lover who will
          most likely not take me back, over half a year of schooling, my
          former home when I moved into this one that would allow me to
          perform this rite, etc.

          This is reminding me of a conversation I had soon after my Juniorous
          (Zelator) initiation. I was told at this time I should expect to
          lose my job and that this would be one of the most materially and
          emotionally trying periods of initiation for me and it will seem to
          go on forever and will take a lot of effort to move out of.
          Prophetic words, that. Especially since I chose to perform this
          rite.

          But as you pointed out, the reward is great. As much as I lost and
          may lose during this rite, I view the goal as more than worth it.
          Nothing is for free and in the great scheme of things, this is still
          an opportunity I would be foolish to pass up.

          I don't know if I'm worthy of the great gifts that are supposedly
          offered by this rite or if I'll ever be worthy. I don't even know
          what I am to do afterwards if I should succeed. But I know what I
          want and I have made my choice. Now the rest is up to God. May He
          give His compassion, mercy, and blessings to me and all others who
          chose to walk this difficult path, no matter our state of
          worthiness, no matter our various backgrounds. I walk in the
          footsteps of those before me and I hope that I should not ever do
          anything to shame this Great Work and that my Angel would deign to
          honor me with His company.

          In L.V.X.,

          Frater Hauss

          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "templumkat" <marcus@...> wrote:

> [...]
          it
          > > seem that stuff was unique to the experience of Bloom? I also
          have
          > > in my library a book called "Goetic Evocation" by Steve Savedow,
          > > former OTO magician and initiated Witch, which talked about his
          > > experience performing a ritual in a similar grimoire, the
          Goetia.
          > > Based on what he wrote, he didn't get any "funky" results until
          it
          > > was time to call the spirits, and even then he had to make
          repeated
          > > attempts before an evocation actually worked.
          > >
          > > Let me know what you think and if you are willing to talk about
          it,
          > > what your experiences up to this time was like during the
          > > performance of this ritual. I myself am keeping a daily journal

        • haussofcompassion
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 9, 2008
            Cara Soror Athena:

            My olive oil lamp is open at the top and burns quite well. The
            glass container is in the shape of a "bulb." It is fat on the
            bottom, pinches in the middle, then widens again to the top which is
            open. I use just a strip of cotton cut from cloth for my wick. It
            is about a centimeter wide. I tried using wicks bought from stores
            but those were not good at retaining olive oil and burned out fast.
            They were made to hold an oil called "Spirit" that is popular with
            campers. I also learned a trick called "salting." Like the name
            says, you take a strip of cotton, soak it in water, then pour salt
            over it. You can either let it air dry or microwave it like I do.
            It helps the wick burn longer and with less soot. I remember
            reading online that olive oil doesn't smoke when it burns. That is
            definitely not my experience! But the important thing that helps
            the wick to keep burning is to have the burning wick close to the
            oil. The 2 oil lamps I bought stretched the wick and flame out
            above the olive oil and it burned out too fast. With this lamp I
            constructed, I pull just a half an inch of cloth above the olive oil
            then light it. The flame is right on top of the olive oil and stays
            that way as the olive oil very slowly evaporates. The only downside
            is that because my glass pinches in the middle, the flame blackens
            it slowly and I have to occasionally clean it to make it perfectly
            clear again.

            The site I referred to earlier for the construction of my olive oil
            lamp is:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WAtx9iBq4

            Other good sites on olive oil lamp construction is:

            http://www.neworleansmistic.com/spells/primer/magicoillampbasics.htm

            http://www.instructables.com/id/Glass-Bottle-Oil-Lamp/

            http://www.worldwideflood.com/ark/technology/oil_lamps.htm

            I wish I would have constructed my oil lamp myself at the beginning
            instead of buying them. (I purchased 2 different ones before
            deciding to just make my own). The one I made looks much better and
            works a heck of a lot better as well.

            I am definitely interested in the incense you have for sale,
            especially the German version (that is the one I am already using).
            I have about a month's supply left but I shall soon need more...lots.

            I have yet to make contact with anything that resembles my HGA
            during this rite. I have experience already with "spirit guides,"
            or as we call it in my particular tradition, "Those Who have Risen"
            and "Those Who Guide." But that is from a Left Hand Path tradition
            and I am obeying the injunction about performing any other magic,
            especially those that would be considered "black." I am still
            waiting for contact with my HGA though I am not sure how I would
            react when it finally happens. I remember practicing chi kung for
            many months and when the chi finally awoke within me (while lying in
            bed in the middle of the night) I was totally unprepared and
            panicked when I couldn't remember the meridians (pathways) that I
            was supposed to make the energy flow into. I hope I am a lot more
            calm and collected when I finally make contact with my HGA!

            I am definitely going to look up and see what you wrote about your
            own experiences. My own journal provides much amusement for me in
            my more somber moments. I look back and what I wrote seems to my
            eyes the writings of someone going through puberty. The mood swings
            I seem to go through and some of the concerns I faced at the time
            that seemed so life shattering are now but sources of amusement for
            me. However, I'm not sure this realization has helped me much in
            changing for the better. If anything, I notice myself getting more
            tense and more emotional as the ritual continues. The sexual
            frustration, the feeling of being "imprisoned" by not being able
            to "take a break," the soreness in my lower back that comes and goes
            because of the long periods on my knees praying, even the vegetarian
            diet is getting to me. There are many times when I just want to at
            least break the rules some if not quit and it is a constant struggle
            for me not to give in.

            It is definitely encouraging and heartening to read about others who
            performed the same rite and succeeded. Until now, I have only read
            a few accounts, such as Bloom's, of people who claim to have done
            it. I had my doubts about whether or not I may have been fooling
            myself the whole time. That didn't stop me from doing it myself to
            see if it's real or not. Like the tarot card, the Fool, I can see
            why a little insanity and foolishness, or "faith" as another on this
            forum put it, is necessary for anyone serious about attempting the
            Abramelin Ritual.

            Wish me luck! I don't know if putting in a good word for me with
            your HGA would make a difference in whether or not I succeed with
            this rite, but it couldn't hurt. Lol.

            In L.V.X.,

            Frater Hauss

            --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Athena <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > pantheon and etc. Btw, my Abramelin experiences (well some of
            them)
            > are posted online on my website if you are curious. I think I only
            > posted about half of them so far though. www.enochian.org under
            > articles.
            >
            > > Let me know what you think and if you are willing to talk about
            it,
            > > what your experiences up to this time was like during the
            > > performance of this ritual. I myself am keeping a daily
            journal of
            > > this rite and I hope it will end well.
            > >
            > > In L.V.X.,
            > >
            > > Frater Hauss
            >
            > I was doing so well with my daily journaling during the rite for
            the
            > first half of it, but then stopped journaling nearly as much after
            > that unfortunately. I wish I had kept it up, as some of the later

          • David Stolowitz
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 10, 2008
              Glad to see the list is getting active again :)

              I ordered Bloom's book with a lot of excitement and anticipation and
              ended up really dissapointed wtih it. It should have been
              entitled "On the groveling of a worm", because that's exactly what he
              ends up doing for most of it. You find a little bit of insight here
              and there, but for a diary his notes are remarkably useless and
              unillustrative. Plus he throws around a lot of obscure and
              unnecessary material from Ascension spirituality that you can't
              understand really unless you're familiar with Alice Bailey and such.

              You can do the rite in 6 months, but it seems to me to be more forced
              and squeezed, and perhaps harder on the candidate. With the longer
              time you have a chance for things to grow more naturally, and you'll
              also learn more along the way so that things are easier and you've
              got a better foundation for jumping off from once you've completed it.

              In my opinion, Bloom's experiences were not really that fantastic. I
              think that a lot of times he was reading between the lines and
              projecting import and meaning where there was none. It sounds like it
              would have been really difficult to be his wife (or was it partner?)
              at the time. Nonetheless, this doesn't really surprise me, because to
              a degree, you have to get very self-involved with an operation like
              this. When you're doing Abramelin, you can become very obsessed wtih
              meaning and the whole world and everything in it can take on symbolic
              significance that has no real relevance outside yourself and your
              operation. The ego gets very, very paranoid, and satisfies its urges
              through both self-aggrandizement and self-debasement. Control of
              attitude and thoughts is still better than no control to our
              ingrained personalities. Being put in perspective can be terrifying.

              Don't judge your own experience in contrast to those of others,
              especially with an operation of such a personal character. The
              special effects are not important compared to the personal changes
              you undergo from within. First seek the Kingdom of God, and the signs
              will follow.

              We all receive the satanic visitation in different forms that are
              actually personally suited to our own particular neuroses. I'm
              inclined to think that in the process of summoning our personal angel
              and agathodaemon, we can't help but attract the equal and opposite
              force of our personal cacodemon. The demons are actually at work
              throughout the operation, but they seem to make their biggest
              appearances at the beginning and at the end. Abraham emphasizes that
              among all kinds of objections, they particularly try to dispute with
              us on matters of religion and spirituality. I found this to be very,
              VERY true! Dee and Kelly were confronted by a glamourous man in their
              scrying, who tried to convince them that everything they had
              channeled was false. Meeting my own adversary was like finding my
              doppelganger from another universe and seeing what could have occured
              and who I would have become had I embraced a different path. I found
              reason to be powerless against him, and in the end I had to rely on
              faith and the intuitions of my heart.

              I began to learn from that point on that all of this training is
              really a journey beyond the sphere of Understanding - personal or
              collective. Wisdom and the Fullness are superrational and require us
              to go beyond the abyss of our own perceptions, reasonings, and
              understandings. Later in my operation, when I summoned the four demon
              emperors, Satan accused me of being completely arrogant and
              narcissitic - doing this whole operation for nothing more than self-
              aggrandizement and imagining myself to be pious and "spiritual" when
              in reality I'm just egotistical. I had to really consider what he
              said and meditate on it later with more divine perspective. The old
              adage is true: there's always a kernal of truth to what the demons
              tell you, but they distort things and don't have the whole story. For
              them, everything is seen through the eyes of ego and animal instincts.

              Faith, love, and hope,
              David
            • fictivedreamer
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 10, 2008
                Are you saying it also depends on "God's Grace?" So you can go thru the
                six months and it just may not be "in the cards?"

                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 10, 2008
                  Care Frater David:

                  Thanks for the post below and sharing your experience of the
                  Abramelin ritual with me (us). Until just recently, Bloom's account
                  of the ritual was the only one I had available. I just recently
                  read Athena's on the enochian.org web site. I'm taking up this rite
                  and am myself "goveling" constantly. It is simply used as a
                  counterpart to my usual personality. I come from mostly a Left Hand
                  Path background and my ego is more than just fully developed. My
                  acts of prayer and self-enforced humility are ways to keep my ego in
                  check and to remind me that this ritual isn't "all about me" but
                  require the help of outside sources as well: my HGA and "God."

                  The account of Bloom sounded so fantastic to me because I have yet
                  to experience them. As part of the LHP, we are constantly on guard
                  against the Apep Serpent, also known as the Demon called "Folly" and
                  self-delusion. As such, I rarely "read" anything into my
                  experiences and am bluntly and brutally honest about what I have or
                  have not yet been through. But I'm not sure what's in store for me
                  so I'm keeping myself open to whatever happens.

                  I wonder what forms the Unredeemed Spirits will take for me when I
                  finally "confront" them. I spent many years viewing them not as
                  enemies, but powerful archetypes that are to be used and learned
                  from.

                  As for confronting the "dark" side of my self and personality, I've
                  more than already been there, I've revelled in it and found it a
                  source of great strength, motivation, and wisdom when utilized in a
                  controlled fashion. Now I'm going to try the "opposite" side. One
                  of the things I constantly guarded against was stasis and
                  stagnation. Now I have moved on to another stage of my magical
                  development. And I have the feeling that the Abramelin Ritual won't
                  be the end of it, either.

                  Again, thanks for your post. Until I got to this forum, I wasn't
                  sure if I was the only one who went through this stuff recently and
                  if there was even any real chance of success. Now I am further
                  encouraged and I hope that I complete the rite and achieve its goals.

                  In L.V.X.,

                  Frater Hauss

                  --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "David Stolowitz" <optimystic@...>
                  wrote:

> [...]
                  us
                  > to go beyond the abyss of our own perceptions, reasonings, and
                  > understandings. Later in my operation, when I summoned the four
                  demon
                  > emperors, Satan accused me of being completely arrogant and
                  > narcissitic - doing this whole operation for nothing more than
                  self-
                  > aggrandizement and imagining myself to be pious and "spiritual"
                  when
                  > in reality I'm just egotistical. I had to really consider what he
                  > said and meditate on it later with more divine perspective. The
                  old
                  > adage is true: there's always a kernal of truth to what the demons
                  > tell you, but they distort things and don't have the whole story.
                  For
                  > them, everything is seen through the eyes of ego and animal

                • haussofcompassion
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 10, 2008
                    From what I heard of the rite, YES! But I have yet to complete it.
                    You'll have to ask the others on this forum and ask their take on it.

                    --Frater Hauss

                    P.S. That sucks, doesn't it? Or maybe not. I have screwed up so
                    many times already since I started this ritual that maybe that could
                    actually work in my favor and God grants to me this great gift, not
                    because of my deeds, but despite them.

                    That is definitely one way to put a positive spin on it! Lol.

                    --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "fictivedreamer"

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 10, 2008
                      On 7/10/08, David Stolowitz <optimystic@...> wrote:

                      > Glad to see the list is getting active again :)

                      It seems to go in spurts :>.

                      > I ordered Bloom's book with a lot of excitement and anticipation and
                      > ended up really dissapointed wtih it. It should have been
                      > entitled "On the groveling of a worm", because that's exactly what he
                      > ends up doing for most of it. You find a little bit of insight here
                      > and there, but for a diary his notes are remarkably useless and
                      > unillustrative. Plus he throws around a lot of obscure and
                      > unnecessary material from Ascension spirituality that you can't
                      > understand really unless you're familiar with Alice Bailey and such.

                      Apparently I have to re-read the book, as it has been years since I
                      did, prob 10 years. I have to say it was inspirational just to know
                      someone had completed the operation though. Now adding in material
                      from another system however I think would be a bad thing in any book
                      about Abramelin.

                      > You can do the rite in 6 months, but it seems to me to be more forced
                      > and squeezed, and perhaps harder on the candidate. With the longer
                      > time you have a chance for things to grow more naturally, and you'll
                      > also learn more along the way so that things are easier and you've
                      > got a better foundation for jumping off from once you've completed it.

                      That's definitely the impression I got. It was definitely fast paced,
                      and difficult. I think the 18 month version would be a more relaxing
                      working, as well as have a higher success rate of people being able to
                      complete it.

                      > In my opinion, Bloom's experiences were not really that fantastic. I
                      > think that a lot of times he was reading between the lines and
                      > projecting import and meaning where there was none. It sounds like it
                      > would have been really difficult to be his wife (or was it partner?)
                      > at the time. Nonetheless, this doesn't really surprise me, because to
                      > a degree, you have to get very self-involved with an operation like
                      > this. When you're doing Abramelin, you can become very obsessed wtih
                      > meaning and the whole world and everything in it can take on symbolic
                      > significance that has no real relevance outside yourself and your
                      > operation. The ego gets very, very paranoid, and satisfies its urges
                      > through both self-aggrandizement and self-debasement. Control of
                      > attitude and thoughts is still better than no control to our
                      > ingrained personalities. Being put in perspective can be terrifying.

                      I felt more of the whole and mySELF being irrelevent during a lot of
                      it, but at the same time, oh my ego was definitely pulling out all the
                      tricks! Everything to slow you down or take you from the path. I
                      think it is just that the spiritual experiences are far more difficult
                      to describe or put into writing then the ego battles and self absorbed
                      bits...

                      > Don't judge your own experience in contrast to those of others,
                      > especially with an operation of such a personal character. The
                      > special effects are not important compared to the personal changes
                      > you undergo from within. First seek the Kingdom of God, and the signs
                      > will follow.

                      Definitely good advice, fully agreed :). Other people's experiences
                      are completely irrelevent to this operation. Just comparing and
                      contrasing your own experiences to others is just another way your
                      ego/mind can get in the way, come up with doubts and so on. Basically
                      if you follow the instructions (pretty much) and do the work, and do
                      the final week, it WILL work (in my opinion). I personally feel that
                      the operation itself is a force that pulls you along to where you need
                      to be at each particular moment/day in the operation. You will be
                      where you need to be at the end.

                      > We all receive the satanic visitation in different forms that are
                      > actually personally suited to our own particular neuroses. I'm
                      > inclined to think that in the process of summoning our personal angel
                      > and agathodaemon, we can't help but attract the equal and opposite
                      > force of our personal cacodemon. The demons are actually at work
                      > throughout the operation, but they seem to make their biggest
                      > appearances at the beginning and at the end. Abraham emphasizes that
                      > among all kinds of objections, they particularly try to dispute with
                      > us on matters of religion and spirituality. I found this to be very,
                      > VERY true! Dee and Kelly were confronted by a glamourous man in their
                      > scrying, who tried to convince them that everything they had
                      > channeled was false. Meeting my own adversary was like finding my
                      > doppelganger from another universe and seeing what could have occured
                      > and who I would have become had I embraced a different path. I found
                      > reason to be powerless against him, and in the end I had to rely on
                      > faith and the intuitions of my heart.

                      During my Abramelin working I was convinced that there is no anti-HGA
                      or whatever one may call it. I felt that all of what was going up
                      against me was me. However experiences after the Abramelin working
                      have led me to beleive that perhaps there is such a being afterall.
                      Interesting anyways.

                      > I began to learn from that point on that all of this training is
                      > really a journey beyond the sphere of Understanding - personal or
                      > collective. Wisdom and the Fullness are superrational and require us
                      > to go beyond the abyss of our own perceptions, reasonings, and
                      > understandings. Later in my operation, when I summoned the four demon
                      > emperors, Satan accused me of being completely arrogant and
                      > narcissitic - doing this whole operation for nothing more than self-
                      > aggrandizement and imagining myself to be pious and "spiritual" when
                      > in reality I'm just egotistical. I had to really consider what he
                      > said and meditate on it later with more divine perspective. The old
                      > adage is true: there's always a kernal of truth to what the demons
                      > tell you, but they distort things and don't have the whole story. For
                      > them, everything is seen through the eyes of ego and animal instincts.
                      >
                      > Faith, love, and hope,
                      > David

                      I had the same thing, with the demons trying to discourage me, using
                      several bits of logic. They laughed at my attempt with the psalms,
                      and etc. However I wasn't going to give up them, after doing the
                      working for 6 months straight!

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 10, 2008
                        After reading this post, you may be interested in some of the old posts I have done on this group.  I work from a LHP perspective for a lot of things, and have talked a little about this and the Abramelin working.  I would say whatever you do, do NOT change the working partway through.  Do not suddenly decide you are going to do something differently, but stick with your original plan.  I say this due to some of the older posts where a LHP practitioner did attempt the Abramelin working, but was switching back and forth between their approach (very bad idea in my opinion, and all too good for the ego etc. to take control).

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 10, 2008
                          On 7/9/08, templumkat <marcus@...> wrote:

                          > I can only comment from those and my own working, which was several
                          > years ago (there are a couple of photos on this group from that
                          > working). My experience and conclusions - which have grown since -
                          > would lead me to suggest that the Abramelin is a "self-extracting
                          > program" which unzips itself into whatever operating system (i.e.
                          > culture, time/space, personality) provided to it. Therefore it will
                          > be a unique experience each time, albeit with an identical result
                          > where performed appropriately and - to be brutally frank - where the
                          > Angel concurs with its involvement.

                          Makes sense about the self extracting aspect of the working. I found
                          that during mine it was important to not bring any external systems
                          into the operation. I even stopped doing Enochian magic during that
                          time. Perhaps this was specific to myself though and not relevent to
                          others.

                          > The Goetia is not a remotely similar 'grimoire', I'd have to say. The
                          > Abramelin is specifically designed to test the operator working
                          > backwards from the result, i.e. knowledge and conversation of the
                          > Holy Guardian Angel. It will therefore also depend on where you are
                          > at the commencement of the working. In my case, I only attempted it,
                          > as written, leaving a full-time career, etc., after thirty years of
                          > magickal work in the initiatory system. Another attempted it from a
                          > background in theosophy, and their experience was also somewhat
                          > different from mine other than the result.

                          You had been at magic far longer when you did your working then when I
                          had when I did my working... but I'm wondering if you experienced the
                          same affect of seeing the Abramelin operation as having more to it
                          then a lot of the previous years experience? There is a lot to be
                          learned over the years of working magic, but it's as if the Abramelin
                          working just gives all that much more of experience, knowlege,
                          connection and learning.

                          > Any expectations you have will be confounded. The Abramelin is an act
                          > of faith. If you fail, it should be of sufficient impact to ensure
                          > that your mental health could only then be maintained by renouncing
                          > all forms of magick as a waste of your valuable time on this planet.
                          > If you suceed, then the reward is truly unlike any other magickal act
                          > or mystical experience, and is of life-changing impact.

                          I have seen mentions of not being able to finish by a few magicians,
                          but I think in each case, they did stay on the magical path
                          afterwards. I am assuming that you beleive a second attempt is just
                          out of the question?

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
                            On 7/9/08, templumkat <marcus@...> wrote:

                            >  I can only comment from those and my own working, which was several
                            >  years ago (there are a couple of photos on this group from that
                            >  working). My experience and conclusions - which have grown since -
                            >  would lead me to suggest that the Abramelin is a "self-extracting
                            >  program" which unzips itself into whatever operating system (i.e.
                            >  culture, time/space, personality) provided to it. Therefore it will
                            >  be a unique experience each time, albeit with an identical result
                            >  where performed appropriately and - to be brutally frank - where the
                            >  Angel concurs with its involvement.

                            Makes sense about the self extracting aspect of the working.  I found that during mine it was important to not bring any external systems into the operation.  I even stopped doing Enochian magic during that time.  Perhaps this was specific to myself though and not relevent to others.

                            >  The Goetia is not a remotely similar 'grimoire', I'd have to say. The
                            >  Abramelin is specifically designed to test the operator working
                            >  backwards from the result, i.e. knowledge and conversation of the
                            >  Holy Guardian Angel. It will therefore also depend on where you are
                            >  at the commencement of the working. In my case, I only attempted it,
                            >  as written, leaving a full-time career, etc., after thirty years of
                            >  magickal work in the initiatory system. Another attempted it from a
                            >  background in theosophy, and their experience was also somewhat
                            >  different from mine other than the result.

                            You had been at magic far longer when you did your working then when I had when I did my working... but I'm wondering if you experienced the same affect of seeing the Abramelin operation as having more to it then a lot of the previous years experience?  There is a lot to be learned over the years of working magic, but it's as if the Abramelin working just gives all that much more of experience, knowlege, connection and learning.

                            >  Any expectations you have will be confounded. The Abramelin is an act
                            >  of faith. If you fail, it should be of sufficient impact to ensure
                            >  that your mental health could only then be maintained by renouncing
                            >  all forms of magick as a waste of your valuable time on this planet.
                            >  If you suceed, then the reward is truly unlike any other magickal act
                            >  or mystical experience, and is of life-changing impact.

                            I have seen mentions of not being able to finish by a few magicians, but I think in each case, they did stay on the magical path afterwards.  I am assuming that you beleive a second attempt is just out of the question?

                          • MARCUS KATZ
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
                              Hello Athena, All

                              Perhaps when the Abramelin is performed it is sufficiently well-designed to work as an entirely pure method, with its own sense of structure, rhythm and result. Any modification - particularly, as you say, half-way through - is likely then to have the effect of polluting the ritual and negating the intended result. This was my experience.

                              It's also like saying, "so, you tell me this vehicle will take me to Paris, and you tell me you know everything about Paris, Vehicles and Travel. I have never been to Paris, never driven this sort of Vehicle, and Travel is an entirely new experience for me. Now, before I start, I'd like to make my own changes to the Map, the Car, and by the way, I think it'll be better if I go via Iraq." Well, it may work out, and for some, via Iraq may indeed be a "better" way, but the test is simply whether we meet in Paris or not in six months. There is only one Paris, it has the same landmarks for everyone who arrives, and although we may all stay in slightly different places, and have slightly different travel stories, our experience of the Arc d'Triomphe will be much the same. If someone tells me they got to Paris and it was a place of torn apart by conflict, heat, oil and dust, I'll draw my own conclusions.

                              In the sense of making a second attempt, I'd extend that analogy, which is not (like any metaphor, and particularly here) complete nor entirely accurate. That is to say, if you have planned a six-month journey, to a place that everyone tells you exists, is fundamental to your geography of the world - let's say "the entire continent of Europe" and you require heavy sponsorship and support, and then you set off ... rowing like crazy (the vehicle is a rowing boat) and six months later, you are still at sea, what happens? You could continue ... but then, these people that told you about Europe were wrong, because you have followed the map to the letter? So they are probably also wrong about Europe itself. You woudn't have the energy to row knowing you'd been lied to. Safer to return home. Or, you could return the way you came - and if you're lucky, because you will have become so exhausted rowing it'll take a couple of years to recover just from that - find another life like you had before, and start saving up to make the attempt again? Well, again, possible, but I suspect the knowledge of the fruitless journey will weigh so heavy that the new life will always seem better, and the effort to move out again so much harder.

                              And you really couldn't pretend you'd been to Europe, just to keep your world-view intact. Well, I guess you could, it'd be a massive strain on your life, and you'd better avoid meeting anyone who has actually been there, because that would simply destroy you on all sorts of levels.

                              As to, how do you know if you have got to Europe, or specifically, Paris? That's always, I think, a question obviously by people who haven't been there yet. Similarly, the question, what's it like? When you've been to Paris, quite often the question is simply "where next?" Particularly if Paris turns out to be a person, not a place, and when you meet her, everything you've just read and been told about Paris makes more sense - that it was never really just a "place", and that's the secret. It's a place where you meet someone. You're either then in relationship with Her or you still talk about Paris as a city where you saw the Arc d'Triomphe alone, not in the arms of the Lover you met there.

                              I think also, in the case of success or failure, the magical path cannot then be worked for a while as the implication of the result, and its integration into any life, takes several years. There's also, hinted at by Aaron Leitch and a couple of others, and as I found, a 'hiatus' that immediately follows the working which can be several months to a couple of years. This is like the "Black Monday/Tuesday" that follows the highest weekend experience of Ecstasy - when you come down, you crash for a while. On returning to esoteric work, I believe one is more likely to take a "mystical" path, and perceive previous occult work as a foundation and template in which the new work is performed, but for very different reasons and result. That will be informed by the Angel and your relationship to Him.

                              In the Great Work

                              Frater F.P.
                              Learn to Live a Magickal Life!

                              >  I can only comment from those and my own working, which was several
                              >  years ago (there are a couple of photos on this group from that
                              >  working). My experience and conclusions - which have grown since -
                              >  would lead me to suggest that the Abramelin is a "self-extracting
                              >  program" which unzips itself into whatever operating system (i.e.
                              >  culture, time/space, personality) provided to it. Therefore it will
                              >  be a unique experience each time, albeit with an identical result
                              >  where performed appropriately and - to be brutally frank - where the
                              >  Angel concurs with its involvement.

                              Makes sense about the self extracting aspect of the working.  I found that during mine it was important to not bring any external systems into the operation.  I even stopped doing Enochian magic during that time.  Perhaps this was specific to myself though and not relevent to others.

                              >  The Goetia is not a remotely similar 'grimoire', I'd have to say. The
                              >  Abramelin is specifically designed to test the operator working
                              >  backwards from the result, i.e. knowledge and conversation of the
                              >  Holy Guardian Angel. It will therefore also depend on where you are
                              >  at the commencement of the working. In my case, I only attempted it,
                              >  as written, leaving a full-time career, etc., after thirty years of
                              >  magickal work in the initiatory system. Another attempted it from a
                              >  background in theosophy, and their experience was also somewhat
                              >  different from mine other than the result.

                              You had been at magic far longer when you did your working then when I had when I did my working... but I'm wondering if you experienced the same affect of seeing the Abramelin operation as having more to it then a lot of the previous years experience?  There is a lot to be learned over the years of working magic, but it's as if the Abramelin working just gives all that much more of experience, knowlege, connection and learning.

                              >  Any expectations you have will be confounded. The Abramelin is an act
                              >  of faith. If you fail, it should be of sufficient impact to ensure
                              >  that your mental health could only then be maintained by renouncing
                              >  all forms of magick as a waste of your valuable time on this planet.
                              >  If you suceed, then the reward is truly unlike any other magickal act
                              >  or mystical experience, and is of life-changing impact.

                              I have seen mentions of not being able to finish by a few magicians, but I think in each case, they did stay on the magical path afterwards.  I am assuming that you beleive a second attempt is just out of the question?

                              www.enochian. org

                            • David Stolowitz
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
                                Hey bro.

                                You know, being able to help others out with what I've learned and from my own experiences
                                is such a blessing and gift. I'm very, very grateful to be able to be in this position now. Its a
                                treat from my Beloved. The Divine is a Lover, and once you fall in love with it all the crap just
                                melts away. That's why they say that "all the scriptures are holy, but the song of songs is the
                                holy of holies". Unconditional, divine love IS the Song of Songs. I've gone into ecstasy on love
                                songs alone, and let me tell you: I'm sitting here now, singing along to the Corrs, and just
                                loving be able to be here and live a life of magic and wonder and happiness. I guess the
                                reason I want to tell you all this is because, in all likelihood, you're gonna have times in this
                                work where you feel like you're shit, everything you're doing is shit, and everything itself is
                                shit. And I just want to tell you that its not true, and that you're wonderful, and you will
                                accomplish what you set out to do. And we are all here to support you :)

                                David
                              • haussofcompassion
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
                                  Cara Soror Athena:

                                  The only real change I have done in my ritual is for picking the
                                  Sabbath day. My tradition celebrates it on a different day than the
                                  weekend which interfered with me being able to dedicate the whole
                                  day to spiritual contemplation and making offerings to God. I was
                                  not comfortable with this but I felt it is the most practical thing
                                  to do, especially since I still have to make offerings and spend the
                                  Sabbath day in religious worship even after the ritual is over.

                                  I am not big on the idea of reading the Psalms of David since that
                                  text has little relevance to my particular tradition. But as Frater
                                  F.P. pointed out and from what I gather reading your account, you
                                  both did it so I shall as well.

                                  As far as confession goes, I do that daily in my ritual prayers
                                  though it is starting to get very repetitive. There just isn't that
                                  much I feel guilty about and mentioning the same things over and
                                  over is really tiring. If it's about forgiving yourself and moving
                                  on, I've done that long ago. But since it is a requirement, I do it
                                  anyway.

                                  I am almost into the last 3rd of this rite and I look eagerly toward
                                  the end and the expected results. It should be interesting, if
                                  nothing else.

                                • haussofcompassion
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
                                    Hello Frater David:

                                    Thanks for the support! There have been plenty of times throughout
                                    this whole rite where I questioned whether it is even real let alone
                                    worth it. And as far as feeling like s**t, I've already been there.

                                    Toward the beginning of this rite, my mother suffered a stroke. She
                                    lives in Georgia and I stay in California. As the oldest son,
                                    especially coming from an Asian family (mom's side), I should have
                                    been there for her. Luckily, it wasn't fatal, but she lost some of
                                    her control over her left side. Right now, she is staying with my
                                    sister instead of me. I felt great shame and anger at myself that I
                                    am not the one taking care of her right now and letting my sister
                                    shoulder most of the burden. I help out financially but not nearly
                                    as much as I should since I gave up my full time job to perform this
                                    thing.

                                    When I chose this rite, I had no idea how much I would be giving up
                                    or what the rest of it will cost me. But it is only for 6 months
                                    and the benefits are supposed to last me the rest of my life. I
                                    have put my life on hold during this time and I now have much to
                                    make up for. But listening to you, it reminds me that it may all be
                                    worth it.

                                    wrote:

                                    > Hey bro.
                                    >
                                    > You know, being able to help others out with what I've learned and
                                    from my own experiences
                                    > is such a blessing and gift. I'm very, very grateful to be able to
                                    be in this position now. Its a
                                    > treat from my Beloved. The Divine is a Lover, and once you fall in
                                    love with it all the crap just
                                    > melts away. That's why they say that "all the scriptures are holy,
                                    but the song of songs is the
                                    > holy of holies". Unconditional, divine love IS the Song of Songs.
                                    I've gone into ecstasy on love
                                    > songs alone, and let me tell you: I'm sitting here now, singing
                                    along to the Corrs, and just
                                    > loving be able to be here and live a life of magic and wonder and
                                    happiness. I guess the
                                    > reason I want to tell you all this is because, in all likelihood,
                                    you're gonna have times in this
                                    > work where you feel like you're shit, everything you're doing is
                                    shit, and everything itself is
                                    > shit. And I just want to tell you that its not true, and that
                                    you're wonderful, and you will
                                    > accomplish what you set out to do. And we are all here to support
                                    you :)

                                    > David

                                  • haussofcompassion
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jul 11, 2008
                                      I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
                                      frankincense, a popular incense used in many religous traditions at:

                                      http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-
                                      documentid=100205390>1=31035

                                      So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
                                      Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
                                      incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
                                      The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
                                      know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
                                      religious and spiritual significance the incense has. You can read
                                      yourself about it at:

                                      http://www.jewishmag.com/11MAG/MYSTIC/mystic.htm

                                      The incense is known to cure plagues, dispel insects, even stop
                                      death itself. And the penalty for not using the CORRECT mixture of
                                      incense has been death! There is even a biblical mention of God
                                      Himself killing people who were about to offer the wrong incense.

                                      For those of us burning incense as part of our regular offerings to
                                      the Most High, I thought this article above would be of great
                                      interest. It was also one of the reasons why I was willing to
                                      substitute Qetoret for the Abramelin recipe given in the grimoire.

                                      In L.V.X.,

                                      Frater Hauss
                                    • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jul 15, 2008
                                        >Greetings all,
                                        I have been studing the Abramelin system for 3 years now and my desire to
                                        practice it has increase the more.But the problem i have been having is
                                        geting a small child that will act as my clairvoyant.
                                        Y queation is, can the use of the small child be avarted.Secondly,can any
                                        other wand be used apart from the Almond wand.
                                        I will be very happy if some body out there more experience thn i am can
                                        help me out.
                                        In Peace Profound,
                                        FR.O.WOGU
                                      • haussofcompassion
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jul 17, 2008
                                          Care FR.O.WOGU:

                                          I am about to start the last third of the Abrameli ritual myself. I
                                          read the account of Athena she posted on enochian.org and she wrote
                                          that she succeeded with using a substitute wood. She is also on
                                          this forum and will probably be a great help to you.

                                          I have been lookin for almond trees myself and I went on google and
                                          used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
                                          branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
                                          the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
                                          just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
                                          of them has got to have it. California does have lots of amond
                                          trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

                                          I also intend to mail one of the branches to another on this forum
                                          who said he is looking for a branch. I went to UPS already and saw
                                          a 3 1/2 foot tube you can use to send stuff and the lady behind the
                                          counter told me I don't need any special permit or paperwork to send
                                          a branch, even if it is organic.

                                          Soon starts the fun part, the last third of the ritual, then the
                                          final week of evocations. Wow, this ritual went by a lot faster
                                          than I expected. I hope that all of us trying it on this forum get
                                          what we worked and prayed so much for.

                                          In the Great Work,

                                          Frater Hauss

                                        • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008

                                            Greetings,
                                            Fr.Hauss thanks for your reply and encouragement.I never knew people will
                                            still be intrested in carrying out such a difficult magical operation.How
                                            i wish Athena can help me solve the problem of using a child as a
                                            clairvoyant becouse in this present day society people are always
                                            skeptical about what one does.
                                            PEACE,
                                            Fr O.WOGU
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                                              Hauss doth schreibble :

                                              <SNIPS>
                                              > I have been looking for almond trees myself and I went on Google and
                                              > used the search term "tree farms" to see if anyone can spare a
                                              > branch or two. I found many calling themselves "tree nurseries" but
                                              > the ones I talked to so far are only selling small almond trees, not
                                              > just a branch off a bigger one. I'm still looking but at least ONE
                                              > of them has got to have it. California does have lots of almond
                                              > trees, for crying out loud. I just have to look harder.

                                              Hi, Hauss ~

                                              If you look through Agrippa and the various grimoires,
                                              such as the *Key of Solomon*, or even in Culpepper, you
                                              will find that nearly any nut wood will do for your wand,
                                              as they all possess the necessary correspondence and
                                              sympathy with Jupiter/Jove/Jahveh.

                                              Here is a link to an essay by Joseph Peterson on the
                                              subject :

                                              The Magic Wand
                                              http://tinyurl.com/6eebfm

                                              And here are some links to a few related essays :

                                              The Rod of Aaron, Staff of Moses :
                                              Jewish Wondrous Wands
                                              http://tinyurl.com/5cewzy

                                              The Staff of Moses
                                              http://tinyurl.com/6p6vzs

                                              "Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
                                              Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each thing;
                                              Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
                                              Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

                                              'Of the Division of Chaos'
                                              -Dr. Simon Forman
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jul 18, 2008
                                                Hauss doth schreibble :

                                                > I saw this article on MSN on the psychoactive effects of
                                                > frankincense, a popular incense used in many religious traditions at:
                                                >
                                                > http://tinyurl.com/6xeh76
                                                <SNIPS>

                                                Hi, Hauss ~

                                                Here are a few related links that you might find
                                                interesting :

                                                Incensole acetate: a novel neuroprotective agent
                                                isolated from Boswellia carterii.

                                                Moussaieff A, Shein NA, Tsenter J, Grigoriadis S,
                                                Simeonidou C, Alexandrovich AG, Trembovler V,
                                                Ben-Neriah Y, Schmitz ML, Fiebich BL, Munoz E,
                                                Mechoulam R, Shohami E.

                                                [1] Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural
                                                Products, Medical Faculty, Hebrew University,
                                                Jerusalem, Israel
                                                [2] Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy,
                                                Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.

                                                Boswellia resin has been used as a major anti-inflammatory
                                                agent and for the healing of wounds for centuries.

                                                Incensole acetate (IA), isolated from this resin, was shown
                                                to inhibit the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, a key
                                                transcription factor in the inflammatory response.

                                                We now show that IA inhibits the production of inflammatory
                                                mediators in an in vitro model system of C6 glioma and human
                                                peripheral monocytes.

                                                Given the involvement of postinjury inflammation in the
                                                pathophysiology and outcome of traumatic brain injury, we
                                                examined the effect of IA on the inflammatory process and
                                                on the recovery of neurobehavioral and cognitive functions
                                                in a mouse model of closed head injury (CHI).

                                                In the brains of post-CHI mice, IA reduced glial activation,
                                                inhibited the expression of interleukin-1beta, and tumor
                                                necrosis factor-alpha mRNAs, and induced cell death in
                                                macrophages at the area of trauma.

                                                A mild hypothermic effect was also noted.

                                                Subsequently, IA inhibited hippocampal neurodegeneration
                                                and exerted a beneficial effect on functional outcome
                                                after CHI, indicated by reduced neurological severity
                                                scores and improved cognitive ability in an object
                                                recognition test.

                                                This study attributes the anti-inflammatory activity of
                                                Boswellia resin to IA and related cembranoid diterpenes
                                                and suggests that they may serve as novel neuroprotective
                                                agents.

                                                ~ from :
                                                Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism
                                                advance online publication, 16 April 2008;
                                                doi:10.1038/jcbfm.2008.28.
                                                PubMed
                                                http://tinyurl.com/3s7tef

                                                Incensole acetate, a novel anti-inflammatory compound
                                                isolated from Boswellia resin, inhibits nuclear
                                                factor-kappa B activation.
                                                http://tinyurl.com/4kg9mp

                                                " The resin of Boswellia species, particularly of Boswellia
                                                carteri (Burseraceae), known as frankincense or olibanum (in
                                                Greek) or lebona (in Hebrew), is a major component of Middle
                                                Eastern and European incense, and apparently has been used
                                                in worship since ancient times, it was a major product of
                                                commerce - frankincense was grown in the southern part
                                                of Arabia and in East Africa and camel caravans brought it
                                                north to Egypt and the Middle East.

                                                There are scattered indications that it may have sedative
                                                properties.

                                                In the Middle East during the first centuries A.D. it was
                                                administered in wine to prisoners sentenced to death, to
                                                'take away' or to 'confuse' their minds.

                                                In Abyssinia, where Boswellia trees are common, it is
                                                believed to have a tranquilizing effect and to "relieve
                                                people from evil spirits”.

                                                We found that incensole acetate, a component of Boswellia,
                                                is active in mice in a tetrad of assays commonly used to
                                                evaluate cannabinoid activity.

                                                These, and additional data in mice indicate that incensole
                                                acetate causes pharmacological activities reminiscent of
                                                those produced by THC and by anandamide, the endogenous
                                                cannabinoid, but its activity is somewhat lower.

                                                However, as it does not bind to the CB1 cannabinoid
                                                receptor, its activity is obviously not via this particular
                                                mechanism.

                                                On the basis of the content of active material in the resin
                                                and the level of activity, compared to THC, we assume that
                                                its effect on users would be considerably lower than
                                                that of marijuana or hashish. "

                                                ~ from :

                                                *The importance of being a sceptic* .PDF
                                                http://tinyurl.com/496bt5

                                                Moussaieff, A., and Bregman, T.
                                                Incensole Acetate: A Psycho-Active Compound Derived from
                                                Frankincense, with a Partial Cannabimimetic Profile

                                                15th Annual Symposium On The Cannabinoids
                                                2005 Program ~ .PDF
                                                http://tinyurl.com/4uxsoa

                                                --==o0o==--

                                                Back in the 60s, Andrija Puharich and Harry Smith did
                                                some extensive testing on the psychoactive effects of
                                                resins used for incense that contained terpenes,
                                                diterpenes, sesquiterpenes, &tc.

                                                This work grew out of their own personal interest in
                                                the various incense formulations to be found in old
                                                grimoires.

                                                I don't know what Andrija used for his tests, but Harry
                                                described for me a bong-like hotplate/thermocouple/fan
                                                contraption that he built for his work.

                                                As you might imagine, this sort of behavior didn't do much
                                                to endear him to Ruth and Arthur Young, whose hospitality
                                                he was enjoying at the time.

                                                More recently, Christian Ratsch has discussed the
                                                potentiating effects of such resins when used with other
                                                known psychoactive substances, such as cannabis.

                                                > So I wondered what is the importance of using proper incense for the
                                                > Abramelin ritual. During one of my earlier searches for Abramelin
                                                > incense, I came across the Jewish Qetoret (also spelled "Ketoret").
                                                > The ingredients will be familiar to all of us here since we already
                                                > know about the Abramelin incense. What I didn't know was the great
                                                > religious and spiritual significance the incense has.
                                                <SNIPS>

                                                As I have mentioned here and elsewhere, the procedures
                                                in the *Mystical Kabbalah* of Abraham Elim are drawn from
                                                the book of *Exodus* in the *Torah*, and so it should come
                                                as no surprise to discover that the incense formulation is
                                                based on the receipt in *Exodus*, as well.

                                                Here are some links to a couple of my old posts here with
                                                regard to the formulation of the Incense and the Anointing Oil:

                                                Anointing Oil & Kaneh Bosem
                                                Message #245 of 534
                                                http://tinyurl.com/5pd4pa

                                                Anointing Oil:
                                                EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP
                                                Message #246 of 534
                                                http://tinyurl.com/66ebfu

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
                                                  The accounts of others who said they succeeded do not always mention
                                                  that they used a child seer. In William Bloom's book, "The Sacred
                                                  Magician," his diary of his performance of the Abramelin Ritual, he
                                                  said he did not use one and that a child wasn't absolutely needed if
                                                  you did the rest of the ritual (mostly) right. I myself do not plan
                                                  on using a child. And I don't think you have to worry about it being
                                                  a necessity for you, either.

                                                  But whatever you do, good luck on your journey and I hope we both get
                                                  what we're working for.

                                                  Peace Profound,

                                                • obinna.w@uclnig.com
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jul 23, 2008

                                                    Greetings,
                                                    Thanks Fr.Hauss
                                                    But when the HGA appears, how whould one who is not using a child know in
                                                    case he is not a clairvoyant.
                                                    Shine in the eternal light of the cosmic wisdom.
                                                    Fr.Wogu.