Re: Newbie query

  • Danny
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
      Hi,

      > How old are you btw? The book does state certain age requirements and
      these
      > should be stuck to.

      I am 31, I guess thats an OK age for the operations.

      > Of course the first step would be to do the 6 month operation.
      > I think it should be stuck to as closely as possible, especially
      regarding
      > the not seeing other people. However the place one can do it in can
      vary
      > I think. A few folks I know of have completed the operation in a house
      or
      > apartment :) A room or space must be set aside and ONLY used for this
      > operation though.

      Thats kinda tough in these days where one is almost always surrounded by
      people.

      > Gold dress, nope, white robe and red over robe in silk, yep :)
      > I sell the incense and the oil on my website, as well as all of the
      > ingredients to make both of them. So not difficult to get at all
      > actually!

      ok.. what are these oils and can one make them too? Not much is given abt
      them over the net. All people just mention the oil with an exotic name but
      no idea as to how to make it. Any info there??

      > As far as substitutions go, well you could use the German version instead
      of
      > Mathers version. But aside from that substitutions, no. If you
      substitute
      > something it is no longer the same recipe.

      By substitutions i mean that can other things be substituted for certain
      things/robes/items/pots etc??

      > To meet your HGA do the abramelin operation. It is not about number of
      > tries, it is about doing the process. The energies and spirits bring you
      > along to where you need to be. Also there is an inner process that one
      goes
      > through. Basically one meets their HGA at the end, before that, all HGA's
      > should be taken with a grain of salt in my opnion.

      If one were to try the evocation etc without the 6 month process and if one
      doesnt have a balcony with the magic room, would the opertion fail?? Someone
      here mentioned summouning random spirits. What are the chances if an
      evocation is done for a good spirit then it can cause harm? Are the
      summouning techniques mentioned in the grimoires and by abramelin etc
      useless unless done via the proper chain?

      Sorry for asking such questions but i am just trying to get more insight to
      how the whole system works.

      Dan

      > On 11/30/05, Danny <danny@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > > I ust figured i want to start of with the Abramelin system and then
      maybe
      > > later fuse the Solomon system withit. For starters i wanna stick with
      the
      > > Abramelin syste as i find it safe and i do want to get in touch with my
      > > HGA.
      > > I'll let t guide me ahead. I am sure it'll let me know what areas not to
      > > proceed in if i shudnt.
      > >
      > > I have a few questions to start with.
      > >
      > > 1. Abramelin mentions quite elaborately abt the place of evocation. If
      its
      > > in the wild and open or its in a room or its a house made with virgin
      > > stones
      > > untouched by hammers. How much of this shud be stuck to? Is it practical
      > > for
      > > all you people to do the same? Generally what does ur rooms look like. I
      > > am
      > > just trying to get some ideas so that i can also get my basic room/stuff
      > > right so i'll welcome everyone's views on this.
      > >
      > > 2. Have all of u prepared gold emmbroidered fillets and silk dresses??
      > >
      > > 3. "The Perfume shall be made thus: Take of Incense in tears one part;of
      > > Stacte half a part; of Lign Aloes a quarter of a part; and not being
      able
      > > get this wood you shall take that of cedar, or of rose, or of citron, or
      > > any
      > > other odoriferous wood." I live in India and none ofthese thinsg are
      > > available except wood of rose. Is it possibel to use substitutes?
      > >
      > > 4. How many attempts did it take all of u to get in touch with ur HGA?
      Did
      > > ur ceremonies go exactly as mentioned in the book? All i want to do is
      > > get in touch with my HGA as Abramelin says that its the only Master
      thats
      > > needed to guide us along.
      > >
      > > I thank you all for ur help and look forward to ur comments.
      > >
      > > Dan
    • Nightshademagic dot com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
        On 12/4/05, Danny <danny@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        I am 31, I guess thats an OK age for the operations.

        Yes, that  definatly works.

        Thats kinda tough in these days where one is almost always surrounded by
        people.

        If one cannot manage to stay away from people, then they are not ready for the Abramelin operation.  It is not difficult.  Either move for 6  months, or stay at home alone, go  out only at night when others aren't around (such as 4am).  Have someone drop off your groceries  without talking to  you.  Buy everything in advance etc.  I will repeat that the staying away from others during the last 4 months (and completely during the last 2) is absolutely essential!  Of course if you live with a wife and kids then just less contact during the last 2 months and NONE during the last 2 weeks.

        ok.. what are these oils and can one make them too? Not much is given abt
        them over the net. All people just mention the oil with an exotic name but
        no idea as to how to make it. Any info there??

        The instructions are in the Abramelin book.  Have you read it btw?

        By substitutions i mean that can other things be substituted for certain
        things/robes/items/pots etc??

        Some can, some cannot. Which item.   There are no pots or gold  robes, please read the book.

        If one were to try the evocation etc without the 6 month process and if one
        doesnt have a balcony with the magic room, would the opertion fail??

        If they don't have a space set aside that is used only for the operation, yes I think they would fail.  No I don't think  the balcony is absolutely necessary, there are other ways of going about the whole sand thing.

        Someone
        here mentioned summouning random spirits. What are the chances if an
        evocation is done for a  good spirit then it can cause harm? Are the
        summouning techniques mentioned in the grimoires and by abramelin etc
        useless unless done via the proper chain?

        That was a  different list.   This is a list for the Abramelin operation in particular.  The techniques mentioned in the Abramelin book are useless unless done properly. The other grimoires not so much so, but this list isfor the Abramelin book, so I will stick with that :)

        Sorry for asking such questions but i am just trying to get more insight to
        how the whole system works.

        Oh no problem :)  I just hope that you do take the answers into consideration.

        --
        "thou art chewy and taste good broiled on your own magic sword and eaten with a bit of honey-mustard dipping sauce"

        www.nightshademagic.com

      • Aaron
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Danny" <danny@m...> wrote:

          > 1. Abramelin mentions quite elaborately abt the place of
          evocation. If its
          > in the wild and open or its in a room or its a house made with
          virgin stones
          > untouched by hammers. How much of this shud be stuck to? Is it
          practical for
          > all you people to do the same? Generally what does ur rooms look
          like. I am
          > just trying to get some ideas so that i can also get my basic
          room/stuff
          > right so i'll welcome everyone's views on this.

          Have you looked at the Photos section of this group? Myself and at
          least one other person have posted pictures of our Oratories.

          > 2. Have all of u prepared gold emmbroidered fillets and silk
          dresses??

          My fillet is silk with gold-colored trim. My robe is white linen.

          > 3. "The Perfume shall be made thus: Take of Incense in tears one
          part;of
          > Stacte half a part; of Lign Aloes a quarter of a part; and not
          being able to
          > get this wood you shall take that of cedar, or of rose, or of
          citron, or any
          > other odoriferous wood." I live in India and none ofthese thinsg
          are
          > available except wood of rose. Is it possibel to use substitutes?

          With the Internet, all of these things are obtainable. I would not
          start making substitutions.

          > 4. How many attempts did it take all of u to get in touch with ur
          HGA? Did
          > ur ceremonies go exactly as mentioned in the book? All i want to
          do is to
          > get in touch with my HGA as Abramelin says that its the only
          Master thats
          > needed to guide us along.

          Try and stick to the ceremonies as outlined in the book. I don't
          know if anyone has tried several "attempts." Usually, if you screw
          this one up you don't get a second chance. :)

          Seriously, though, if you follow the instructions correctly, you
          won't need to take a second shot at it.

        • Aaron
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
            --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Danny" <danny@m...> wrote:

            > If one were to try the evocation etc without the 6 month process
            and if one
            > doesnt have a balcony with the magic room, would the opertion
            fail??

            The Abramelin Operation is not an "evocation" of the HGA. It is a
            process by which your HGA is drawn down and bound directly into your
            head for the rest of your life. And, no, you can not do that by
            skipping the actual work. ;)

            The balcony, you could take or leave. I had one when I performed
            the Operation- but I don't today.

            Someone
            > here mentioned summouning random spirits. What are the chances if
            an
            > evocation is done for a good spirit then it can cause harm? Are

            "Good" spirits will bite just as hard and just as fast as "evil"
            ones. ;)

            the
            > summouning techniques mentioned in the grimoires and by abramelin
            etc
            > useless unless done via the proper chain?

            Chain?

            > Sorry for asking such questions but i am just trying to get more
            insight to
            > how the whole system works.

            I have an essay called "The Holy Guardian Angel: Experiencing the
            Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage" that you might find useful. The
            link is in our links section.

          • Aaron
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Nightshademagic dot com
              <oipteaapdoce@g...> wrote:

              > If one cannot manage to stay away from people, then they are not
              ready for
              > the Abramelin operation. It is not difficult. Either move for 6
              months,
              > or stay at home alone, go out only at night when others aren't
              around (such
              > as 4am). Have someone drop off your groceries without talking
              to you.
              > Buy everything in advance etc. I will repeat that the staying
              away from
              > others during the last 4 months (and completely during the last 2)
              is
              > absolutely essential! Of course if you live with a wife and kids
              then just
              > less contact during the last 2 months and NONE during the last 2
              weeks.

              Contrarty to popular belief, the Book of Abramelin never once says
              that one has to stay entirely sequestered for the six months. It
              says that it would help! But it isn't necessary. If one is not his
              own master (ie- self-employed) then one is allowed to continue to
              work.

              You DO have to stay home at night. Don't go out with friends or to
              parties, or even to restaurants. Sit at home with no television or
              radio and just read spiritual things. Tranquility is what you're
              after.

              The only time I insisted on total seclusion was for the final seven
              days. I took vacation from work, and even sent my girlfriend to
              stay with a friend for a week. ;)