Re: [abramelin] Newbie query

  • Nightshademagic dot com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2005
      How old are you btw?  The book does state certain age requirements and these should be stuck to.
      Of course the first  step would be to do the 6 month operation.
      I think it  should be stuck to as  closely as possible, especially regarding the not seeing other people.  However the place  one can do  it in can vary I think. A few folks  I  know of have  completed the operation in a house or apartment :)  A room or  space must be  set aside and ONLY used for this operation though.
      Gold  dress, nope, white robe and red over robe in silk, yep :)
      I sell the incense and the oil on my website, as well as all of the ingredients to make both of them.  So not difficult to  get  at all actually!
      As far as substitutions go, well you could use the German version instead of Mathers version.  But aside from that substitutions, no.  If you substitute something it  is no longer the same recipe.
      To meet your HGA do the abramelin operation.  It is not about number of tries, it is about doing the process.  The energies and spirits bring you along to where you need to be.  Also there is an inner process that one goes through.  Basically one meets their HGA at the end, before that, all HGA's should be taken with a grain of salt in my opnion.

      Athena
      On 11/30/05, Danny <danny@...> wrote:
      Hi All,
      I ust figured i want to start of with the Abramelin system and then maybe
      later fuse the Solomon system withit. For starters i wanna stick with the
      Abramelin syste as i find it safe and i do want to get in touch with my HGA.
      I'll let t guide me ahead. I am sure it'll let me know what areas not to
      proceed in if i shudnt.

      I have a few questions to start with.

      1. Abramelin mentions quite elaborately abt the place of evocation. If its
      in the wild and open or its in a room or its a house made with virgin stones
      untouched by hammers. How much of this shud be stuck to? Is it practical for
      all you people to do the same? Generally what does ur rooms look like. I am
      just trying to get some ideas so that i can also get my basic room/stuff
      right so i'll welcome everyone's views on this.

      2. Have all of u prepared gold emmbroidered fillets and silk dresses??

      3. "The Perfume shall be made thus: Take of Incense in tears one part;of
      Stacte half a part; of Lign Aloes a quarter of a part; and not being able to
      get this wood you shall take that of cedar, or of rose, or of citron, or any
      other odoriferous wood."  I live in India and none ofthese thinsg are
      available except wood of rose. Is it possibel to use substitutes?

      4. How many attempts did it take all of u to get in touch with ur HGA? Did
      ur ceremonies go exactly as mentioned in the book? All i want to do is to
      get in touch with my HGA as Abramelin says that its the only Master thats
      needed to guide us along.

      I thank you all for ur help and look forward to ur comments.

      Dan

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/I3dslB/TM

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      www.nightshademagic.com
    • Danny
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
        Hi,

        > How old are you btw? The book does state certain age requirements and
        these
        > should be stuck to.

        I am 31, I guess thats an OK age for the operations.

        > Of course the first step would be to do the 6 month operation.
        > I think it should be stuck to as closely as possible, especially
        regarding
        > the not seeing other people. However the place one can do it in can
        vary
        > I think. A few folks I know of have completed the operation in a house
        or
        > apartment :) A room or space must be set aside and ONLY used for this
        > operation though.

        Thats kinda tough in these days where one is almost always surrounded by
        people.

        > Gold dress, nope, white robe and red over robe in silk, yep :)
        > I sell the incense and the oil on my website, as well as all of the
        > ingredients to make both of them. So not difficult to get at all
        > actually!

        ok.. what are these oils and can one make them too? Not much is given abt
        them over the net. All people just mention the oil with an exotic name but
        no idea as to how to make it. Any info there??

        > As far as substitutions go, well you could use the German version instead
        of
        > Mathers version. But aside from that substitutions, no. If you
        substitute
        > something it is no longer the same recipe.

        By substitutions i mean that can other things be substituted for certain
        things/robes/items/pots etc??

        > To meet your HGA do the abramelin operation. It is not about number of
        > tries, it is about doing the process. The energies and spirits bring you
        > along to where you need to be. Also there is an inner process that one
        goes
        > through. Basically one meets their HGA at the end, before that, all HGA's
        > should be taken with a grain of salt in my opnion.

        If one were to try the evocation etc without the 6 month process and if one
        doesnt have a balcony with the magic room, would the opertion fail?? Someone
        here mentioned summouning random spirits. What are the chances if an
        evocation is done for a good spirit then it can cause harm? Are the
        summouning techniques mentioned in the grimoires and by abramelin etc
        useless unless done via the proper chain?

        Sorry for asking such questions but i am just trying to get more insight to
        how the whole system works.

        Dan

        > On 11/30/05, Danny <danny@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All,
        > > I ust figured i want to start of with the Abramelin system and then
        maybe
        > > later fuse the Solomon system withit. For starters i wanna stick with
        the
        > > Abramelin syste as i find it safe and i do want to get in touch with my
        > > HGA.
        > > I'll let t guide me ahead. I am sure it'll let me know what areas not to
        > > proceed in if i shudnt.
        > >
        > > I have a few questions to start with.
        > >
        > > 1. Abramelin mentions quite elaborately abt the place of evocation. If
        its
        > > in the wild and open or its in a room or its a house made with virgin
        > > stones
        > > untouched by hammers. How much of this shud be stuck to? Is it practical
        > > for
        > > all you people to do the same? Generally what does ur rooms look like. I
        > > am
        > > just trying to get some ideas so that i can also get my basic room/stuff
        > > right so i'll welcome everyone's views on this.
        > >
        > > 2. Have all of u prepared gold emmbroidered fillets and silk dresses??
        > >
        > > 3. "The Perfume shall be made thus: Take of Incense in tears one part;of
        > > Stacte half a part; of Lign Aloes a quarter of a part; and not being
        able
        > > get this wood you shall take that of cedar, or of rose, or of citron, or
        > > any
        > > other odoriferous wood." I live in India and none ofthese thinsg are
        > > available except wood of rose. Is it possibel to use substitutes?
        > >
        > > 4. How many attempts did it take all of u to get in touch with ur HGA?
        Did
        > > ur ceremonies go exactly as mentioned in the book? All i want to do is
        > > get in touch with my HGA as Abramelin says that its the only Master
        thats
        > > needed to guide us along.
        > >
        > > I thank you all for ur help and look forward to ur comments.
        > >
        > > Dan
      • Nightshademagic dot com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
          On 12/4/05, Danny <danny@...> wrote:
          Hi,

          I am 31, I guess thats an OK age for the operations.

          Yes, that  definatly works.

          Thats kinda tough in these days where one is almost always surrounded by
          people.

          If one cannot manage to stay away from people, then they are not ready for the Abramelin operation.  It is not difficult.  Either move for 6  months, or stay at home alone, go  out only at night when others aren't around (such as 4am).  Have someone drop off your groceries  without talking to  you.  Buy everything in advance etc.  I will repeat that the staying away from others during the last 4 months (and completely during the last 2) is absolutely essential!  Of course if you live with a wife and kids then just less contact during the last 2 months and NONE during the last 2 weeks.

          ok.. what are these oils and can one make them too? Not much is given abt
          them over the net. All people just mention the oil with an exotic name but
          no idea as to how to make it. Any info there??

          The instructions are in the Abramelin book.  Have you read it btw?

          By substitutions i mean that can other things be substituted for certain
          things/robes/items/pots etc??

          Some can, some cannot. Which item.   There are no pots or gold  robes, please read the book.

          If one were to try the evocation etc without the 6 month process and if one
          doesnt have a balcony with the magic room, would the opertion fail??

          If they don't have a space set aside that is used only for the operation, yes I think they would fail.  No I don't think  the balcony is absolutely necessary, there are other ways of going about the whole sand thing.

          Someone
          here mentioned summouning random spirits. What are the chances if an
          evocation is done for a  good spirit then it can cause harm? Are the
          summouning techniques mentioned in the grimoires and by abramelin etc
          useless unless done via the proper chain?

          That was a  different list.   This is a list for the Abramelin operation in particular.  The techniques mentioned in the Abramelin book are useless unless done properly. The other grimoires not so much so, but this list isfor the Abramelin book, so I will stick with that :)

          Sorry for asking such questions but i am just trying to get more insight to
          how the whole system works.

          Oh no problem :)  I just hope that you do take the answers into consideration.

          --
          "thou art chewy and taste good broiled on your own magic sword and eaten with a bit of honey-mustard dipping sauce"

          www.nightshademagic.com

        • Aaron
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
            --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Danny" <danny@m...> wrote:

            > 1. Abramelin mentions quite elaborately abt the place of
            evocation. If its
            > in the wild and open or its in a room or its a house made with
            virgin stones
            > untouched by hammers. How much of this shud be stuck to? Is it
            practical for
            > all you people to do the same? Generally what does ur rooms look
            like. I am
            > just trying to get some ideas so that i can also get my basic
            room/stuff
            > right so i'll welcome everyone's views on this.

            Have you looked at the Photos section of this group? Myself and at
            least one other person have posted pictures of our Oratories.

            > 2. Have all of u prepared gold emmbroidered fillets and silk
            dresses??

            My fillet is silk with gold-colored trim. My robe is white linen.

            > 3. "The Perfume shall be made thus: Take of Incense in tears one
            part;of
            > Stacte half a part; of Lign Aloes a quarter of a part; and not
            being able to
            > get this wood you shall take that of cedar, or of rose, or of
            citron, or any
            > other odoriferous wood." I live in India and none ofthese thinsg
            are
            > available except wood of rose. Is it possibel to use substitutes?

            With the Internet, all of these things are obtainable. I would not
            start making substitutions.

            > 4. How many attempts did it take all of u to get in touch with ur
            HGA? Did
            > ur ceremonies go exactly as mentioned in the book? All i want to
            do is to
            > get in touch with my HGA as Abramelin says that its the only
            Master thats
            > needed to guide us along.

            Try and stick to the ceremonies as outlined in the book. I don't
            know if anyone has tried several "attempts." Usually, if you screw
            this one up you don't get a second chance. :)

            Seriously, though, if you follow the instructions correctly, you
            won't need to take a second shot at it.

          • Aaron
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Danny" <danny@m...> wrote:

              > If one were to try the evocation etc without the 6 month process
              and if one
              > doesnt have a balcony with the magic room, would the opertion
              fail??

              The Abramelin Operation is not an "evocation" of the HGA. It is a
              process by which your HGA is drawn down and bound directly into your
              head for the rest of your life. And, no, you can not do that by
              skipping the actual work. ;)

              The balcony, you could take or leave. I had one when I performed
              the Operation- but I don't today.

              Someone
              > here mentioned summouning random spirits. What are the chances if
              an
              > evocation is done for a good spirit then it can cause harm? Are

              "Good" spirits will bite just as hard and just as fast as "evil"
              ones. ;)

              the
              > summouning techniques mentioned in the grimoires and by abramelin
              etc
              > useless unless done via the proper chain?

              Chain?

              > Sorry for asking such questions but i am just trying to get more
              insight to
              > how the whole system works.

              I have an essay called "The Holy Guardian Angel: Experiencing the
              Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage" that you might find useful. The
              link is in our links section.

            • Aaron
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
                --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Nightshademagic dot com
                <oipteaapdoce@g...> wrote:

                > If one cannot manage to stay away from people, then they are not
                ready for
                > the Abramelin operation. It is not difficult. Either move for 6
                months,
                > or stay at home alone, go out only at night when others aren't
                around (such
                > as 4am). Have someone drop off your groceries without talking
                to you.
                > Buy everything in advance etc. I will repeat that the staying
                away from
                > others during the last 4 months (and completely during the last 2)
                is
                > absolutely essential! Of course if you live with a wife and kids
                then just
                > less contact during the last 2 months and NONE during the last 2
                weeks.

                Contrarty to popular belief, the Book of Abramelin never once says
                that one has to stay entirely sequestered for the six months. It
                says that it would help! But it isn't necessary. If one is not his
                own master (ie- self-employed) then one is allowed to continue to
                work.

                You DO have to stay home at night. Don't go out with friends or to
                parties, or even to restaurants. Sit at home with no television or
                radio and just read spiritual things. Tranquility is what you're
                after.

                The only time I insisted on total seclusion was for the final seven
                days. I took vacation from work, and even sent my girlfriend to
                stay with a friend for a week. ;)