Hello from a new member and a few questions

  • Derk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2008
      Hi, I am new to the group and wanted to say hello...

      I am hoping to start the operation (still torn between the 6 or 18
      month) this year after Passover and so am trying to get everything
      in order between now and then. I read through this group's
      archives, which addressed many of my questions, but I do still have
      a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with:

      -I travel quite a bit for my work, so I am trying to determine if it
      is acceptable to be away from home for a night or two during the
      operation as long as I still do the morning/evening prayers. I know
      that during the last 2 months (or 6 months if doing the 18 month
      version) I need to be at home, but what about before that? Does one
      have to cancel ALL vacations, trips, etc. for 6 (or 18) months?

      -In the book, Abraham states that all religious holidays are to be
      observed. He specifically mentions the "Feast of the Tabernacle".
      I am not Jewish, so I looked this one up, and it looks like the
      proper way to celebrate this is to build a tent outside and live
      under it for 7 days!. Did anyone actually do this? How did
      others 'celebrate' these religious holidays? Alternatively, since I
      was raised in the Christian tradition, would this mean I should
      follow the Christian holidays (e.g., Easter) instead?

      -Lastly, one of the required items is a silk headband with the 3
      highest names of God written on it in gold. Short of other options,
      my plan was to just reference Agrippa's Three Books since I know he
      goes into these names in detail. Does this make sense, or are there
      3 specifc names that must be used?

      Thanks in advance to any/all who respond.

      Cheers,
      Derk