Where to get an Almond Wand?

  • ghost6x
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
      A friend is currently in the states and is willing to bring home some
      items for me, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent online
      shop/seller of almond wands, please do lemme know.

      Thanks!
    • Nightshade BelladonaAtropina
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
        I have only seen one place, and they do very fancy wands for about $80 each. I don't remember the url though, you would have to do a google search.  Another option, if your friend happens to be in California or Florida, almond trees do grow in both of those places.  He would have to strip the bark off and sand it, then mail it to you though.  It is the only way he/she will be able to get the wand accross the border. As far as bought wands, they would have to be very fancy and look nothing like a stick any longer or customs will take it away. Just thought I would let you know since I have unfortunately lost a wand or two during border crossings.

        --
        First off, the Gods aren't just fancy spell components... and it's not like you are just ordering a cheeseburger at a fast food restaurant.  You have to actually research them and learn a bit about them. ~ Athena
      • MARCUS KATZ
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
          Ghost

          I purchased an excellent wand from http://dragonmother.com/ but I've just
          checked her website and she is behind with orders and not accepting new
          ones. It might be worth a call, particularly if you can wait. There's a
          photo of the wand on the altar in the PHOTOS section of this group, in my
          "Frater F.P." folder. I received it here in the UK from the US with no
          problems by Mail.

          In the Great Work

          Frater F.P.
          http://www.farawaycentre.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
            Frater F.P.,

            Wow, that wand from your altar pic sure is beautiful... too bad she's
            not taking any orders right now.

            Athena,

            $80 for a wand i think is mighty expensive for me. Thank you very much
            for the tips though, I'll keep that in mind when my friend carries it
            with him back home.

            Would a witch hazel wand substitute just fine with almond? I'm also
            thinking of making my own from "local" trees (Southeast Asia) and have
            particularly eyed Acacia, as it was the same wood that was used in
            Moses Ark of the Covenant and is recommended for general use by
            Bardon. Your thoughts and comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks

            --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "MARCUS KATZ" <marcus@...> wrote:

            > Ghost
            >
            > I purchased an excellent wand from http://dragonmother.com/ but I've
            just
            > checked her website and she is behind with orders and not accepting new
            > ones. It might be worth a call, particularly if you can wait. There's a
            > photo of the wand on the altar in the PHOTOS section of this group,
            in my
            > "Frater F.P." folder. I received it here in the UK from the US with no
            > problems by Mail.
            >
            > In the Great Work
            >
            > Frater F.P.
            > http://www.farawaycentre.com

          • Joseph David
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 21, 2007
              I purchased mine from a small shop in Ashland, Oregon, where a local
              wand artist of exceptional skill has his wares featured. The shop is
              called the Rowan Tree and they are on the web at
              https://therowantreeshop.com