New to group intro - also seeking guidance

  • nbp.robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello Group,
      My name is Robert and I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. I
      have a background in Black Arts that I am not proud of and have mostly
      turned my back on. I still practice some Spirit work along the lines of
      Palo and am an initiate in Santeria. I found the Grimoires a few years
      back, knowing of their existence for awhile and picked up The Key's Of
      Solomon and Abramelin The Mage, but have not used any of these yet
      other than meditations to try and make a mental contact with some of
      the Goetia spirits.

      I have read The Book Of Abramelin 4 times through now and want to take
      up that path which I know will be hard. I am thankful that this group
      is here and I am looking for some Spiritual Mentor ship to help me
      complete The Abramelin System the right way and for others to hold me
      accountable on my work. I am reading the new version and am very
      confused about the 18 month period they suggest. Help would be welcome,
      Tidings,
      Robert
    • Nightshade BelladonaAtropina
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        Welcome to the Abramelin group Robert :).
        I highly recommend that you check out the archives, as we have covered a lot of ground as far as the intricate details for performing the operation.  Also of course be sure to ask any questions pertaining to the working you may have.

        As far as the 18 month period, I`m not sure which part confuses you, but I would take a guess that you are wondering why one translation (the french) says 6 months but the other translation (the german) says 18 months.  Basically they are 2 different versions of the same operation.  Perhaps one magician was instructed 6 months by thier teacher, and another magician was instructed 18 months.  Or perhaps the person who was translating from Hebrew to French either shortened it or was a poor translator.  Many possibilities here.  Personally I beleive that both acheive the same goal, but the 6 month one being a lot rougher and more fast paced; while the 18 month version allows one to ease into things and have a greater chance of actually completing the operation.

        On 10/1/07, nbp.robert <nbp.robert@... > wrote:

[...]

        __.
      • nbp.robert
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          Thank you so much for the welcome;)
          I've heard it many ways and I guess the whole point here is to
          achieve results, positive ones. So how ever long the road may take
          its all worth it in the end and when I hope to start on Passover I'll
          have to meditate on what is the best route to take.
          I have looked at the archives and found them very useful, I just am
          hungry for interaction with others that have completed The Operation
          Robert

          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Nightshade BelladonaAtropina"