Different number of letters in the squares

  • Nightshade BelladonaAtropina
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2007
      I have found a few squares in the Dehn translation where there are a
      different number of letters in the lines in the squares. For example
      a 6x6 square, yet one of the lines has 7 letters. Dehn does show a
      couple of pictures from the MS, where the squares are drawn out. From
      this I would figure that all of the squares were neatly drawn out in
      this manner. So it makes me wonder if some squares had to letters in
      them? Has anyone seen the original MS, and knows how the extra
      letters snuck in there? It definatly doesn't seem to be that it is a
      copyist error on Dehn's part, since Peterson has the exact same
      letters on his website.

      Athena ~ Maker of the best Daemon hot cocoa ever!
      www.enochian.org/goetia
    • Fred Tabert
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2007
        for what it is worth ..............

        after reading the magic of Abramelin,

        and some of the Kabblah

        i believe ....... if memory serves
        that they originally came from Hebrew, or Aramaic......right?

        some of their symbols/letters

        translate to either consonant/vowel combinations,
        or the like
        i.e.
        (Gn, Ae, Ai, .................etc.)

        if it were translated back to the original

        you would probably find the ........

        'extra letters'

        ........disappear

        hope that helped
        RUNEMOUSE

        --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Nightshade BelladonaAtropina"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2007
          Good point :).  I'm also thinking the whole lack of vowels in Hebrew thing.. perhaps an extra a, e, or sometimes i here and there...

          Athena