Re: [abramelin] Oil of Myrrh [ was: Abramelin Oil - Solved? ]

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 20, 2007
      Athena doth schreibble:

      > Also, is it safe to assume the same process works with frankincense?

      Here is a photo of some Frankincense that I plonked
      into some Ammonia this morning:

      http://tinyurl.com/2lxml6

      And here is a photo of that same Frankincense this
      evening:

      http://tinyurl.com/2mbevo

      It is all gone to milk, with just a bit of orange
      resin and some feck showing on the bottom.

      Just brushed some on a scrap of board left over
      from putting up some shelves, and it seems like
      it might work as a wood sealer, too.

      Did I mention that the Annointing Oil also works
      as a varnish for furniture?

      ' Oft on the Mouldering Keep by Night

      Earl Roger takes his Stand,

      With the Sword that Shone at Hastings' fight,

      Firm Grasped in his Red, Right Hand ! '
    • Nightshade BelladonaAtropina
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 20, 2007
        I have been wanting to experiment with and make some varnishes for magical tools, so this is all coming in at the right time :). Well that and I love working with resins.  Abramelin oil being a good wood varnish, I love it LOL.  So the amonia evoperates off I'm guessing?  Never used it for this sort of thing.

        Also another question for you and Harry would be, what are the advantages to useing wine vs say rum for myrrh?  I have sat myrrh in red wine and I can relate, wow does it smell wonderful!  I like the idea of white wine with frankincense and am thinking of trying that as well as amonia. So many new ideas.