Re: Where is everybody at with their operations?

  • Michael C Johnson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 4, 2007
      "Joseph David" <optimystic@...> wrote:

      > I know Aaron and Athena have both sucessfully completed their
      > operations, and I have to wait one more year for the age requirement.
      > Where is everybody else at as far as personally undergoing the
      > Abramelin operation? Done? In progress? Waiting? Contemplating?
      > Turning up nose at? It would be useful to understand in the contexts
      > of everyone's posts and background and such.

      I attempted to do the operation last year. I went through a six month
      process. I think the results where half and half and really weird. I am
      gonig to try it again in the spring of 08. The only thing that is
      really different for me now (post-Abramelin) as compared to (pre-
      Abramelin) is that I have consistent images of a flaming figure in my
      head as an "integral part" of my existence. But, anyway I will attempt
      it again in 08.
    • Nightshade BelladonaAtropina
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 4, 2007
        I'm curious if you did the Abramelin as outlined in the book, or in a different way? You said that you did "a" process instead of "the" process so that is why I ask.  What were the final 7 days like for you?

        --
        "It's not our abilities or gifts which define who we are, but the choices we make." Dumbledore
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 4, 2007
          Greetings!

          Yes, that's a very good question. Those 7 days are the actual "Rite
          of Abramelin" - the preceding six months (or year and a half) are
          fairly standard grimoiric purifications and preparations. (Just
          lacking the usual Barbarous Names.)

          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Nightshade BelladonaAtropina"
          <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

          > I'm curious if you did the Abramelin as outlined in the book, or in a
          > different way? You said that you did "a" process instead of "the"
          process so
          > that is why I ask. What were the final 7 days like for you?

          > On 1/4/07, Michael C Johnson <john9454@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > I attempted to do the operation last year. I went through a six month
          > > process. I think the results where half and half and really weird.
          I am
          > > gonig to try it again in the spring of 08. The only thing that is
          > > really different for me now (post-Abramelin) as compared to (pre-
          > > Abramelin) is that I have consistent images of a flaming figure in my
          > > head as an "integral part" of my existence. But, anyway I will attempt
          > > it again in 08.
          > >

          > --
          > "It's not our abilities or gifts which define who we are, but the
          choices we
          > make." Dumbledore
          > --
          > Custom engraved seals, magical tools, client work, custom incenses
          and more.
          > www.enochian.org

        • Michael C Johnson
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
            "Nightshade BelladonaAtropina" <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

            > I'm curious if you did the Abramelin as outlined in the book, or in
            > a different way?

            I tried to follow the book as much as possible. However, I was not
            properly prepared so, I "improvised" at places.

            > You said that you did "a" process instead of "the" process so that
            > is why I ask.

            I say "a" process instead of "the" process because I did not follow
            the book all the way because of inadequate preparation. Thus, it can
            not be called "the" process.

            > What were the final 7 days like for you?

            I rather not say because, it was not to the letter as printed in the
            book therefore it was not "the rite of Abramelin" as Aaron says. I
            know what I did wrong so, I rather leave it at that.
          • Nightshade BelladonaAtropina
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
              I have this theory....
              I beleive that folks who have completed the 6 month rite do unite with their HGA. However if the rite was done too far from how it should be, or something went wrong, I think that the person doesn't get all the other Abramelin benefits and doesn't see/feel/hear the HGA as much afterwards.  One way out there example is someone I knew who did the rite when they were a teenager, and on mushrooms.  Besides that they went by the book.  Well you could tell their HGA was around, and you could tell that the rite did something, however they couldn't.  OK so that is an extreme example, but just to point out that the rite works I think, it is just getting ourselves out of the way to accept it.
              What do you guys think?

              On 1/6/07, Michael C Johnson < john9454@...> wrote:

              I tried to follow the book as much as possible. However, I was not
              properly prepared so, I "improvised" at places.

              > You said that you did "a" process instead of "the" process so that
              > is why I ask.

              I say "a" process instead of "the" process because I did not follow
              the book all the way because of inadequate preparation. Thus, it can
              not be called "the" process.

              > What were the final 7 days like for you?

              I rather not say because, it was not to the letter as printed in the
              book therefore it was not "the rite of Abramelin" as Aaron says. I
              know what I did wrong so, I rather leave it at that.

              ___
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

                > I have this theory....
                > I beleive that folks who have completed the 6 month rite do unite
                with their
                > HGA. However if the rite was done too far from how it should be, or
                > something went wrong, I think that the person doesn't get all the other
                > Abramelin benefits and doesn't see/feel/hear the HGA as much afterwards.

                You and I have similar views on this point. One can *contact* the HGA
                in many ways - and I would have to imagine that even a failed attempt
                at Abramelin is going to get the Angel's attention. However,
                following the Abramelin system "by the book" results in being actually
                "crowned" with the Angel, which is an entirely different concept than
                simply establishing contact.

                I would only add that I *do* believe there are some inherent dangers
                associated with abortive or failed attempts at Abramelin. Done right,
                the process is mentally taxing and disruptive of one's usual patterns,
                habits, complexes, etc. I simply don't have enough data to judge what
                could result from halting the process.

              • Michael C Johnson
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 7, 2007
                  --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <Aaron@...> wrote:

                  > I would only add that I *do* believe there are some inherent dangers
                  > associated with abortive or failed attempts at Abramelin. Done right,
                  > the process is mentally taxing and disruptive of one's usual patterns,
                  > habits, complexes, etc. I simply don't have enough data to judge what
                  > could result from halting the process.

                  Well OK, for the record. "A" process that I went through (which is my
                  attempt to perform the Abramelin however, I was not adequately
                  prepared to perform the operation)which I started on Dec 2005 and
                  stopped on Sept 2006 (which is contrary to what I said earlier but,
                  this is apart of the improvisation that I feel was necessary). The
                  following are events that followed after the operation which may or
                  may not be linked to the operation.
                  1. In Dec 06, my ex-wife as agreed to finally cut her finanical
                  umbilical after 2 years of being a finanical parasite.
                  2. In Dec 06, I was elected WJW of my lodge. This is quite unusual
                  for a mason of my experience.
                  3. In Nov 06, I met a woman that is SO perfect for me.
                  4. In Oct 06, a lot of masonic symbolism seemed to just open up to
                  me.
                  5. In Nov 06, a lot of material relating to the Greater Mysteries
                  seem to be flooding me now where as before I could not find or get
                  a damn thing. And the material makes sense to me.
                  6. In Dec 06, I was instrumental in helping some friends unbind a
                  five year block on their magical abilities. ( at least that was
                  what I was told. Also, I have never done something like that ever)
                  7. In Dec 06, I received a $10,000 as a Christmas bonus (this may
                  have nothing to do with the operation but, this is the largest
                  amount of cash I have ever received as a bonus without
                  re-enlisting in the Army)
                  8. The most important thing of all, is what I have said earlier, "I
                  have consistent images of a flaming figure in my head as an
                  'integral part' of my existence". For what I can tell is this
                  "figure" is my HGA that is always there 24/7/365. The flames is
                  the key that has meaning that is personal to me.

                  Since, I did not follow the book to the letter, when will the danger
                  part occur?
                • Aaron
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 7, 2007
                    --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Michael C Johnson" <john9454@...>
                    wrote:

                    > --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <Aaron@> wrote:
                    > > I would only add that I *do* believe there are some inherent dangers
                    > > associated with abortive or failed attempts at Abramelin. Done right,
                    > > the process is mentally taxing and disruptive of one's usual patterns,
                    > > habits, complexes, etc. I simply don't have enough data to judge what
                    > > could result from halting the process.

                    [...]
                    > Since, I did not follow the book to the letter, when will the danger
                    > part occur?

                    That I can't really answer. You haven't given us much information
                    about what you actually did, or how you deviated from the book.
                    (Which is certainly fine! It's a very personal thing to discuss!)

                    I've seen folks talk about- or move toward- performing Abramelin and
                    find their lives go into sudden upheaval. It's as if the Universe (or
                    their HGA) is testing their resolve before they even start. However,
                    I think that is a different situation than what I was describing before...

                    So - if you wish, if it doesn't involve anything too personal, you'll
                    have to share your experiences with attempting and then aborting the
                    Abramelin process: What was your attitude toward Abramelin to begin
                    with? (An important factor that Athena and I have discussed here
                    before.) What kind of stress did the process put on you mentally and
                    spiritually? (And for that matter, even physically with the
                    vegitarianism, fasting, etc.) Given the disruption of your usual
                    mental habits and routines, along with the general seclusion, what did
                    you experience after going "back to normal" without taking the process
                    to its conclusion?