Holy Guardian Angel [ was: Re: [abramelin] Prayer of St. John of Damascus ]

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2006
      Athena doth schreibble:

      > Is this Abramelin related? (the prayer) and if so please explain how? Not
      > being Christian and all I have to say there had better be a very good
      > purpose for more to show up in my inbox LOL.

      And you might not be the only one
      here unfamiliar with the role of the
      Holy Guardian Angel in Christianity,
      which would go far to explain all of
      the recent waffle about Gnosticism:

      "My Lord God,
      I continually anger Thee,
      and Thy immaculate Mother,
      and all the Heavenly Powers,
      and my *Holy Guardian Angel*."

      ~ from:
      Prayer of St. John of Damascus

      MYRIOBIBLOS
      http://tinyurl.com/ymvkug

      If you were to outline your prejudices
      for us up front, Athena, it would be much
      easier to work within their limits.

    • Nightshade's Magic
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2006
        Oh chill out Khem, just wanted to make sure it was relevant to the discussion, my lack of like for Christian prayers was a joke on the end of it :).  Thanks for the how it relates bit tho, that is what I was hoping for to make it more on topic.  My prejudices would be Pagan oriented, but no you don't have to cater to those :P, just stick with Abramelin and it's all good.  Interesting stuff about Gnosticism btw.

        Now I'm curious, since the HGA is so prevelent in the Christian religion, does that mean Christians either don't have to do Abramelin for a strong contact, or have an alternate (such as the prayer you stated) for contact? Or is it more about yes the HGA is there, I know he/she is there but not the primary focus?

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2006
          Athena doth schreibble:

          <SNIPS>
          > Now I'm curious, since the HGA is so prevelent in the Christian religion,
          > does that mean Christians either don't have to do Abramelin for a strong
          > contact, or have an alternate (such as the prayer you stated) for contact?
          > Or is it more about yes the HGA is there, I know he/she is there but not
          > the primary focus?

          "Jesus said: Many are standing at the door,
          but the solitary are the ones who will enter
          the bridal chamber."

          This sermon is a response to a question put
          to me last week by someone interested in the
          theological topic of guardian angels.

          I say that right up front this way in case the
          original question becomes lost sight of in the
          rather strange sounding answer I am going to
          give.

          ~ from:
          Who Is the Bride of Christ?
          http://tinyurl.com/yzt26x

          "The deeply learned Rabbi Nathan, of blessed
          memory, said to me:

          Know that the complete secret of prophecy to
          a prophet consists in that he suddenly sees
          the form of his self standing before him,
          and he forgets his own self and ignores it...
          and that form speaks with him and tells him
          the future.

          And concerning this our sages said:

          'Great is the power of the prophets, who
          make the form [appearing to them] to
          resemble its Former.'

          ~ from: *Shushan Sodot*