Question about 2 angel names

  • mysticalsonglight
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006
      I have been shown in a "mystical" way (too long a story to explain
      here), the names of two angels I had never heard of before.

      In doing some research, I have found out some information on who one
      of them is, but have not found anything for the other, other than
      that it IS an actual name, that people have had (never had heard of
      the name before, so this surprised me.

      Here are the two names that I was shown:

      SALATHIEL - who I have snce found out is one of the 7 highest
      ranking angels, along with Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, and
      whoever th other 2 are (can't remember their names). I was SHOCKED
      to find this out, as I had never even HEARD of an angel with this
      specific name, let alone one of such high rank.

      OTHENIEL - This is the one I have been unable to find any info
      on...other than the fact that it IS an actual name. Just couldn't
      find it linked to any angels. So I'm guessing that he is probably a
      lower ranking angel. I'm wondering if possibly he may be my Guardian
      Angel, and that up through the chain of command he perhaps comes
      under Salathiel. That's just a guess, though.

      Here is my question. Does anyone have ANY information on these two
      angels that they can share? I'm sure someone must at least have some
      detail on Salathiel, since he is of such high rank. Any information
      that you could share would be most helpful.

      Second question, and this one is more subjective. In your own
      opinions, what should I DO with these names and this information?
      THe way I received the names was so odd! (Wasn't gonna share, but I
      sense I need to at this point.) I was watching a lecturer on TV,
      talknig about angels, and how we need to communicate with our
      Guardian Angel. She also said, we can even know their names, if we
      ask.

      So I did. I closed my eyes, and prayed, and asked my Guardian Angel
      if he could reveal his name to me. Although my eyes were closed, I
      could CLEARLY see being written out in front of me, letter by
      letter, SALATHIEL. Never having heard that name before, I assumed
      that was the name of my Guardian Angel.

      But then, as I remained in this prayerful state, another name was
      also written out in front of me, in the same way. OTHENIEL. So I
      wasn't sure what was up with that.

      Well, I just now researched those names. When I discovered who
      Salathiel is, I was sHOCKED to say the least. Knowing that he is WAY
      too high ranking to be a Guardian Angel, I'm assuming that me
      Guardian Angel must be Otheniel, and sme how reports to Salathiel.
      But, who knows?

      Just a bit about me. I am not a practioner of Abramelim's Operation,
      or any other method of magickal arts. Actually, for me to do so
      would contradict my own personal religious beliefs (I am Eastern
      Orthodox).

      but I am somewhat familiar with the philosophies of the operation,
      and know that people in this group may have a strong knowledge of
      Angelogy, which is why I pose the question here.

      Thank you in advance for sharing your houghts.

      Seraphim
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006
        Seraphim doth schreibble:
        <SNIPS>

        > SALATHIEL - who I have snce found out is one of the 7 highest
        > ranking angels, along with Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, and
        > whoever the other 2 are (can't remember their names). I was SHOCKED
        > to find this out, as I had never even HEARD of an angel with this
        > specific name, let alone one of such high rank.

        VNPhSh KY-ThQUrYB = "And when a person bringeth
        QUrBN MNChH LYHVH = near an offering, a present to
        *SLTh* YHYH QUrBNV= Jehovah, of *flour* is his
        VYTShQ 'yLYH ShMN = offering, and he hath poured
        VNThN 'yLYH LBNH. = on it oil, and hath put on it
        frankincense..."

        http://tinyurl.com/y3ln8w

      • mysticalsonglight
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006
          I'm sorry. I don't understand your response. What am I missing?

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006
            Seraphim doth schreibble:

            > I'm sorry. I don't understand your response. What am I missing?

            See the link below for more information
            about how angelic names are generated /
            discovered in the text of the Torah:

            Names of God in Judaism
            http://tinyurl.com/8hlkh

          • Aaron
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "mysticalsonglight"
              <mysticalsonglight@...> wrote:

              > Here are the two names that I was shown:
              >
              > SALATHIEL - who I have snce found out is one of the 7 highest
              > ranking angels, along with Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, and
              > whoever th other 2 are (can't remember their names). I was SHOCKED
              > to find this out, as I had never even HEARD of an angel with this
              > specific name, let alone one of such high rank.

              This is a name from just *one* list of the Seven Ruling Archangels.
              The names have changed many times from one culture to the next. Did
              your research show you the source of the name "Salathiel"? I bet it
              is one of the Gnostic Archons.

              > OTHENIEL - This is the one I have been unable to find any info
              [...]
              > I'm wondering if possibly he may be my Guardian
              > Angel, and that up through the chain of command he perhaps comes
              > under Salathiel. That's just a guess, though.
              [...]
              > Well, I just now researched those names. When I discovered who
              > Salathiel is, I was sHOCKED to say the least. Knowing that he is
              WAY
              > too high ranking to be a Guardian Angel, I'm assuming that me
              > Guardian Angel must be Otheniel, and sme how reports to Salathiel.
              > But, who knows?

              The Guardian Angels are never described as falling within the ranks
              of any Angelic Choir. Some suppose it should be the Malakhim (from
              Tiphareth, the Solar Sphere) - but that is only becasue some folks
              relate the HGA to Tiphareth, and thus assume that the HGA must be
              one of the Malachim.

              However, I find this to be extremely unlikely. The Book of
              Abramelin is heavily influenced by Gnosticism. In that system, the
              Christos and the Mother Sophia (or Shekinah- "Divine Presence"- in
              the Qabalah) are united to bring forth the Holy Spirit (symbolized
              by the Dove). When we invoke the Highest Divine power, it is the
              Holy Spirit that descends. (See the Baptism of Jesus.)

              The Holy Guardian Angel- as described in Abramelin- is a form of the
              Holy Spirit. It is at once your own personal Christos and
              manifestation of the Logos, AND the embodiment of the Shekinah (that
              part of God that descends into the physical to suffer with us).

              As such, the HGA is not a member of any Angelic hierarchy. It does
              not answer even to the Seven Archangels. Like Metetron (the Voice
              of God), it speaks for the Highest and answers only to the Highest.
              In Gnosticism, it would be called an "Aeon" rather than
              an "Archangel."

              Thus, I doubt that your HGA would be found subservient to any Angel
              in any hierarchy.

            • Aaron
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
                <mysticalsonglight@...> wrote:

                > I'm sorry. I don't understand your response. What am I missing?

                Greetings!

                He was showing you that "SLTh" in Hebrew means "flour." In the
                Bible verse he quoted, flour is described as the basis of an
                offering to God. I suppose this Angel of yours might be directly
                associated with such sacrifice offerings.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 2006
                  Seraphim doth schreibble:

                  > I'm sorry. I don't understand your response. What am I missing?

                  The Words and Names are composed of *stoicheia*,
                  and when these elemental forces are strung
                  together as words they can be read as a series
                  of combinations or permutations that provide
                  insight into the nature of those entities that
                  are represented by and manifested through the
                  Names and Words.

                  The *Torah* is a highly structured text, very
                  nearly fractal in its complexity. Here are a
                  few pages that discuss some of the patterns
                  that turn up there:

                  " Chiasmus derives etymologically from the
                  Greek letter chi, which looks like an X;
                  chiasmus refers to a rhetorical construction
                  of an a, b; b’, a’ type. In such a construction,
                  the linguistic features of a second line invert
                  (usually by means of synonyms) those of the
                  preceding one. "

                  ~ from:
                  The Earliest Biblical Exegesis
                  is in the Bible Itself
                  By Michel Fishbane
                  http://tinyurl.com/y7d6ch

                  Davidic Chiasmus & Parallelisms
                  http://tinyurl.com/vtbls

                  Analysis of Megillat Ruth (VII)
                  By Yitzchak Etshalom
                  http://tinyurl.com/y59thr

                  Pattern poetry takes advantage of the
                  identity between letters and elements
                  [stoicheia]. Words are spun into threads,
                  and texts become textiles.

                  Alchemical Kabbalists can address the
                  information processing aspects of matter,
                  by composing their own ideational substances
                  and iterating them through their computational
                  environment.

                  I see Wolfram & Fredkin as Neo-Pythagorean
                  types of this sort, like D'Arcy Wentworth
                  Thompson and Vasilii Vasilevich Nalimov.

                  They see the fields of physics as transmitting
                  information as well as impressing external
                  forces - which means that matter, for them,
                  is already an information processor.

                  This is just the sort of thing that Lull and
                  Al-Kindi were on about in their "Treatise on
                  Astronomy" and "On the Stellar Rays",
                  respectively.

                  Lull's "Book of the Seven Planets"
                  http://tinyurl.com/yy8pd8

                  And here's a page pointing up a similar
                  use that Lazzarelli made of the Sepher
                  Yetzirah:

                  SYMPATHY OR THE DEVIL: RENAISSANCE MAGIC
                  AND THE AMBIVALENCE OF IDOLS
                  http://tinyurl.com/y3y45a

                  Tractatus Astrologico Magicus;
                  Aldaraia sive Soyga vocor
                  The Book of Soyga
                  http://tinyurl.com/7svcp

                  SOYGA is a pretty good example of the
                  application of cellular automata to text
                  generation in general, and magic squares
                  in particular.

                  I think that the etymological relationship
                  of 'tantra' with weaving and textiles is
                  pretty well known these days:

                  " The word Tantra is composed of the Sanskrit
                  words for weaving and expansion. "
                  ~ from:
                  http://tinyurl.com/sgmj3

                  Here are a few more related links:

                  Computational Fabrics
                  http://tinyurl.com/y96v72

                  Common Threads: Women, Mathematics, and Work
                  http://tinyurl.com/y3mj74

                  Geometry of Fabrics Bibliography
                  http://tinyurl.com/t5zoc

                  " As an early example of the representation of
                  a numeric structure on a resonance field-like
                  plane (some as a numerical system of a
                  mythological planetary intelligence) we find
                  so-called Magic Squares that have a close
                  resemblance with the resonance patterns of
                  Chladni-figures.

                  But also the planets' orbits, determined by
                  gravitational forces (the love of the asters)
                  were interpreted in analogous models of a
                  Music of the Spheres (Harmonicae Mundi). "
                  <images>
                  http://tinyurl.com/yz82k7

                  Charles Babbage incorporated the pattern
                  generation technologies of Joseph Marie
                  Jacquard's Loom into his Analytical Engine,
                  for purposes of pattern manipulation and
                  pattern recognition.

                  MECHANIZATION OF REASONING
                  A Schematic Historical Survey
                  http://tinyurl.com/y5thdn

                  19th Century Contributions and their Impact
                  on Elements of Modern Computers
                  http://tinyurl.com/w9ccn

                  Ada Byron Lovelace
                  http://tinyurl.com/yyuuxq

                  And the pattern grammars embedded in the
                  sequences of instructions that Ada Lovelace
                  composed for the Engine lead back to Panini's
                  Sanskrit grammar:

                  http://tinyurl.com/y3fw23

                  http://tinyurl.com/y4qocl

                  http://tinyurl.com/y97kpq

                  The term 'yantra' can be applied to apparatus
                  as well as diagrams [see, for instance, Dash's
                  use of the term throughout his "Alchemy and
                  Metallic Medicines in Ayurveda", 1986.]; it
                  can refer equally to the design and arrangement
                  of laboratory vessels and furnaces, nuclear
                  thermo-electric generators, clocks - any
                  diagrammatic or descriptive embodiment.

                  http://tinyurl.com/vo4ja

                  http://tinyurl.com/y52s9b

                  And let's not forget Ernst Chladni and
                  his "sounds made visible":

                  " In the late 18th century, German
                  physicist Ernst Chladni demonstrated
                  the organizing power of sound and
                  vibration in a visually striking manner.

                  He showed that when sand is scattered on
                  metal plates, and a violin bow is drawn
                  across them, the resulting vibrations
                  cause the particles to move to the places
                  where the plate is almost motionless,
                  producing a variety of beautiful,
                  regular, intricate patterns. "
                  ~ from:
                  Patterns in Nature
                  David Pratt
                  January 2006
                  http://tinyurl.com/ylfp4m

                  Chladni plate interference surfaces
                  Written by Paul Bourke
                  April 2001
                  http://tinyurl.com/yf4yel

                  " Chladni patterns show the geometry
                  of the different types of vibration
                  of violin plates. This site has an
                  introductory explanation of modes of
                  vibration and a library of photographs
                  of the Chladni patterns of the bellies
                  and backplates of two different violins
                  (one mass-produced and one hand-made).
                  It also has photographs of plates with
                  regular geometries which assist in
                  understanding the violin modes. "
                  ~ from:
                  Chladni patterns for violin plates
                  http://tinyurl.com/y3jzhu

                  Chladni Figures
                  http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y5C541E04

                  Chladni patterns in vibrated plates
                  http://tinyurl.com/y66at4

                  Standing Wave Patterns
                  http://tinyurl.com/txpp9

                  Acoustic Figures and the Romantic
                  Soul of Reason
                  http://tinyurl.com/y4aap6

                  Transmission Line Matrix Modelling
                  of Violin Top-Plates
                  Enda Burton
                  http://tinyurl.com/ykzata

                  Mechanical Oscillations and Wave
                  Simulations
                  http://tinyurl.com/y4hkfv

                  ACOUSTICS FOR VIOLIN AND GUITAR MAKERS
                  http://tinyurl.com/ybehve

                  Cymatics
                  http://tinyurl.com/vsny5

                  Reproducing the Sounds
                  of Ancient Instruments
                  A neglected aspect of
                  the acoustics of
                  Classical pianos
                  http://tinyurl.com/yhrd8m

                  Russell Towle's 4D Star Polytope
                  Animations
                  http://tinyurl.com/y5yv6c

                  Alicia Boole Stott
                  http://tinyurl.com/y65dq5

                  Uniform Polytopes in Four Dimensions
                  http://tinyurl.com/2jlpy

                  The old texts I've read that describe mining
                  ore, digging a hole, placing stones, working
                  clay, casting a crucible, luting it, setting
                  it among precise arrangements of stones and
                  coals, &tc. are metrical instructions about
                  geometrical constructions, and put me in mind
                  of the incantations in the 'Kalevala' for
                  building a boat, and of the relationship of
                  'poesis' with construction, generation, and
                  creativity in general:

                  http://tinyurl.com/y263rh

                  " Style in terms of language is the highest
                  achievable perfection and consistence of form,
                  vocabulary, composition, elegance of phrasing
                  and of expression, correctness of orthography,
                  relationship of form and content, constructional
                  logics and tectonic poetry. "
                  ~ from:
                  KATARXIS N°2
                  http://tinyurl.com/y4v9rg

                  MODERN ARCHITECTURE, ABSTRACTION, AND THE
                  POETIC IMAGINATION
                  Alberto Perez-Gomez
                  http://tinyurl.com/vuh73

                  Lecture on Plato's Republic
                  Ian Johnston
                  http://tinyurl.com/wc3lk

                  THE PRESENT STATUS OF SEMPER RESEARCH
                  http://tinyurl.com/y4b7s5

                  This site provides an introduction to working
                  with the stoicheia, or atomic letter elements,
                  that compose the molecules of meaning:

                  Alphabet of Creation:
                  The Hebrew Alphabet/Alefbet
                  http://tinyurl.com/y5dp39

                  I would also recommend the writings of R. Aryeh
                  Kaplan, such as his translations of the *Sepher
                  Yetzirah* and the *Sepher Bahir*, as well as
                  his books on Kabbalistic Meditation.

                  Aryeh Kaplan
                  http://tinyurl.com/y8zjjn

                  Aryeh Kaplan ~ *Meditation and Kabbalah*, 1982.

                  Aryeh Kaplan ~ *Jewish Meditation: A Practical
                  Guide*, 1985.

                  Aryeh Kaplan ~ *The Bahir: Illumination*, 1989.

                  Aryeh Kaplan ~ *Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of
                  Creation, 1997.

                  There is also some more information on Abulafian
                  Kabbalistic practices available here:

                  http://tinyurl.com/wqodp

                  And I also recommend Moshe Idel's writings, which
                  range from the discussion of Abulafian mysticism
                  and magic to the Union with the Divine Intellect
                  as found in Neo-Platonism and Judaism.

                  As for the magic squares found in the *Kabbalah
                  Mystica* - they present an assortment of
                  computational fabrics of the sort found in the
                  the writings of Abraham ibn Ezra [circa 1090-1167
                  ev], an Hispano-Jewish astrologer, who was
                  responsible for translating many Arabic works
                  into Hebrew and was deeply interested in magic
                  squares and mathematics in general. He travelled
                  widely throughout Europe, and is the one of the
                  people responsible for introducing magic squares
                  to his fellow travellers. Also note that the
                  number of Hebrew words threaded into the squares
                  of the *Kabbalah Mystica* outweighs all other
                  words.

                  Here are a few other links that might be useful:

                  Mathematics and Mysticism
                  Mathematics and the Liberal Arts
                  http://tinyurl.com/yj35p3

                  What ARE Clifford Algebras?
                  http://tinyurl.com/wkqbv

                  And here are a few books that might come in handy
                  for those who wish to pursue this a bit further:

                  Ernst Kühnel and Louisa Bellinger ~ *Cairene Rugs
                  and Others Technically Related (15th - 17th Century)*,
                  1957.

                  Esin Atil ~ *Renaissance of Islam: Art of the Mamluks',
                  1981.

                  Donald King and David Sylvester ~ *The Eastern Carpet
                  in the Western World from the 15th to the 17th Century',
                  1983.

                  Jacques Sesiano ~ *Un Traité Médiéval sur les Carrés
                  Magiques, De l'arrangement Harmonieux des Nombres*,
                  1996.

                  Alireza Djafari Naini ~ 'Geschichte der Zahlentheorie
                  im Orient', 1982.

                  Julio Samso ~ *Islamic Astronomy and Medieval Spain*,
                  1994.

                  F. Jamil Ragep, and Sally Ragep, eds. ~ *Tradition,
                  Transmission, Transformation*, 1996.

                  Richard Lorch ~ *Arabic Mathematical Sciences*, 1995.

                  Schuyler Camman ~ *Islamic and Indian Magic Squares*,
                  in *History of Religion* 8 (1968-1969), pgs.181-209,
                  pgs.271-299.

                  Takao hayashi ~ *Varahamihira's Pandiagonal Squares
                  of the Order Four, in *Historia Mathematica* 14,
                  (1987), pgs.159-166.

                  Cynthia Hay, ed. ~ *Mathematics from Manuscript to
                  Print: 1300-1600*, 1988.

                  "The universe is made of stories, not of atoms."
                  ~ Muriel Rukeyser
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 9, 2006
                    Liebe List ~

                    Some of the links in my last post are
                    defunct, for which I apologize.

                    Here is the current link for Ramon Llull's
                    *Book of the Seven planets* :

                    http://lullianarts.net/planets/index.html

                    Khem Caigan doth schreibble:

                    > The Words and Names are composed of *stoicheia*,
                    > and when these elemental forces are strung
                    > together as words they can be read as a series
                    > of combinations or permutations that provide
                    > insight into the nature of those entities that
                    > are represented by and manifested through the
                    > Names and Words.
                    <SNIPS>