move the symbol

  • joey_eyes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
      What does "move the symbol" means??
    • Nightshade's Magic
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
        What is the context please?  While I have read the book many many times I don't have it memorized :)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
          Athena doth schriebble:

          > What is the context please?
          > While I have read the book many many times
          > I don't have it memorized :)

          " Name aloud the person or persons by whom you wish
          to be loved, and *move the Symbol* under whose
          class they come.

          But if it be not for yourself that you are operating,
          but for two or more other persons, whether for love
          or for hatred, you should still name such persons
          aloud, and *move the Symbols* of the class or classes
          under which they come.

          Also, if possible, it is a good thing to touch them
          with the Symbol, on the bare skin, if you can.

          Under this heading are included all classes of
          good-will and affection, among the which Abraham says
          that the most difficult thing is to make oneself or
          others beloved by religious persons. "

          ~ Mathers, Book 3