Re: [abramelin] Working within the home.

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
      Care all,

      The only other problem with my bedroom, aside from I sleep there is that
      it is also my working study..which means I am going to be quite
      cramped.. Although keeping it clean won't be a problem, as generally I
      keep my entire house as clean as possible.. clean freak..

      Thanks had a look at the photo section.. can I ask what sort of size
      would the oratory have to be?
      Sadly I don't have a window in my East, if I recall is that not the
      direction your supposed to face (admittedly I have only read this book
      once, due to change very much so)? Is a window required? if so is it
      possible to work with a dark mirror or something similar instead as I
      don't think I would like a window into my neighbours bedroom (mind you
      she is very pretty..though may prove distracting) ?The only window in my
      room is to the north right next to my bed..

      Kindest Regards
      Craig
    • Scarlet
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
        Thelema Craig,

        Whilst this is not the so-called 'authoritative' position of some. I have openly admitted to not exactly doing things by the book. For one thing I couldn't, I was homeless let alone having an Oratory.
        All I can say is do the best you can. That's all your angel expects. People have been attaining Knowledge and Conversation with their Angels for thousands of years. D'ya think they all had fancy clergy's robes for example. I have seen one Rite where the initiate wraps himself in a clean white sheet, mummified if you will. Then raises at dawn puts on fresh new white clothes to feast with his new beloved as a wedding. Hell I have even seen rites for people who can't read.

        Look for the 'method' within Abramelin. What are all the twiddly fancy bits trying to show you. What's the importance of East, what happens in the East. What's the importance of North. etc. Why Almond, what does Almond mean? Crowley (peace be upon Him) did the whole rite in his head (or astral if you want to be fancy) whilst riding a donkey across China. The only real requirements to this Rite is the time to devote yourself to it and the will to follow it through to the end come what may.

        Will
         Love
          ALWays

        Scarlet

        On 4/13/06, Craig <complicated.craig@...> wrote:
[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Aaron
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Craig <complicated.craig@...> wrote:

          > Thanks had a look at the photo section.. can I ask what sort of size
          > would the oratory have to be?

          You really only need enough room to stand/kneel at the Altar.
          Something closet-sized works well. The one you see in the photo is a
          big bigger than that, but not by much.

          > Sadly I don't have a window in my East, if I recall is that not the
          > direction your supposed to face (admittedly I have only read this book
          > once, due to change very much so)? Is a window required?

          Yes, East is the direction you face for this. Optimally, you should
          have windows on all sides of the Oratory, with the one on the North
          side opening to a terrace. However, that scenario is a bit unlikely.
          I happened to have a North-facing terrace with sliding glass doors,
          so that's what I used. I faced East, but the only "window" was the
          door toward the North.

          If I had the choice, I would take a window in the East over anything
          else. The idea is to open the window in the morning and have the rays
          of the rising sun shine directly in. (Someone else here- was it
          Athena?- posted photos of their Oratory, with a pic of the rising sun
          in the Eastern window. Awesome!)

          Without a terrace, I simply turn toward the West (where the opening of
          the Oratory is) and conjure the spirits from there. It also places
          the Altar to my HGA directly behind me while I do the goetic work.

          if so is it
          > possible to work with a dark mirror or something similar instead as I

          The window has nothing to do with the skrying. You'll have to skry
          however is best for you, or however your Angel instructs.

          > The only window in my
          > room is to the north right next to my bed..

          That should serve.

        • Nightshade's Magic
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
            I think there is more to the opening and closing of the window then only the sun coiing in.  It is really hard for me to explain or put into words, but it really does make a difference, so facing the window and opening it I think is definatly an important part of the rite, as well as an open window or terrace or whicheer you can during the final days..
            NOpe, that wasn't my oratory.  Mine was just my regular temple, which I do have a photo of, but putting it with the photos might just confuse folks LOL  It is the photo on my website of the alter and room...
            Btw, as a side note, writing the santances in Abramelin oil on your alter, and putting the oil on the sides of doors and windows, is essential and more powerful then one can imagine, in my opinion.  Had something slam against my barrier one day, and hard, it was comming full speed to enter the temple...

            Athena
            On 4/13/06, Aaron <Aaron@...> wrote:
            --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Craig <complicated.craig @...> wrote:

            > Thanks had a look at the photo section.. can I ask what sort of size
            > would the oratory have to be?

            You really only need enough room to stand/kneel at the Altar.
            Something closet-sized works well.  The one you see in the photo is a
            big bigger than that, but not by much.

            > Sadly I don't have a window in my East, if I recall is that not the
            > direction your supposed to face (admittedly I have only read this book
            > once, due to change very much so)? Is a window required?

            Yes, East is the direction you face for this.  Optimally, you should
            have windows on all sides of the Oratory, with the one on the North
            side opening to a terrace.  However, that scenario is a bit unlikely.
              I happened to have a North-facing terrace with sliding glass doors,
            so that's what I used.  I faced East, but the only "window" was the
            door toward the North.

            If I had the choice, I would take a window in the East over anything
            else.  The idea is to open the window in the morning and have the rays
            of the rising sun shine directly in.  (Someone else here- was it
            Athena?- posted photos of their Oratory, with a pic of the rising sun
            in the Eastern window.  Awesome!)

            Without a terrace, I simply turn toward the West (where the opening of
            the Oratory is) and conjure the spirits from there.  It also places
            the Altar to my HGA directly behind me while I do the goetic work.

            if so is it
            > possible to work with a dark mirror or something similar instead as I

            The window has nothing to do with the skrying.  You'll have to skry
            however is best for you, or however your Angel instructs.

            > The only window in my
            > room is to the north right next to my bed..

            That should serve.

            Yahoo! Groups Links

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            "In Plato's Symposium, the priestess Diotima teaches Socrates that love is not a god, but rather a good daemon." (wikipedia)

            Cutsom and traditional spell supplies, powders, roots, herbs etc.
            www.nightshademagic.com