Re: Well, I'm new, Here's my First Post

  • Chad Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
      I have been planning this for about 3 years now, but I will admit
      that it has been a while since I read the entire book. Every year at
      this time it seems I am unable to begin the operation for one reason
      or another and end up saying, "next year..."

      I began this morning by shaving my head in the tradition of the
      magicians of old and then taking the "Bath of Purification"
      described in the Greater Key of Solomon (Book 2: Chapter 5.) I spent
      the rest of the morning reading the Book of the Sacred Magic of
      AbraMelin the Mage. Before having a lite lunch, I recited
      the "Confession of the Exorcist" and "Prayer" from the the Greater
      Key of Solomon (Book 1: Chapter 4.) Tonight, I will take on oath to
      carry out the ritual to its conclusion and in the morning, a quarter
      of an hour before sunrise, I will begin the Oration prescribed for
      the 1st 2 Moons.

      As you can see, I have been adding material to the working. My
      primary objective at this time, however, is to complete the ritual
      described in the Sacred Magic of AbraMelin the Mage. I see no harm
      in using Prayers & Orations from other grimoires but will refrain
      from performing invocations of demonic spirits (such as those given
      in the Lemeggeton) until after the AbraMelin work is complete and I
      can discuss the use of other books with my Holy Guardian Angel. My
      plan may change over the course of the next 6 months but at this
      time it is to complete first the AbraMelin ritual, then work through
      the Clavicula Solomonis, the Enochian Evocation of John Dee, & the
      Necronomicon.

      Although AbraMelin suggests beginning the ritual the morning after
      the Feast of Passover (or after the Feast of Easter if you are a
      Christian) I decided to begin with the Full Moon. The week-long
      festival of Passover begins on the 14th day of the Hebrew month and
      continues until the 21st day of the month. The Jewish calendar is
      lunar so Passover should always begin around the Full Moon. This
      year, Passover is from Apr 13th to Apr 20th. The 2 first, 2 second,
      and 2 third Moons described by AbraMelin are 6 lunar months ending
      at the Feast of Tabernacles, again the 14th to 21st day of the
      Hebrew month (Oct 7-13th.) While not specifically stated by
      AbraMelin, the suggeston is that the 7 day convocation of the
      spirits takes place during the 7 day Feast of Tabernacles.

      CM

      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "David S." <optimystic6@...> wrote:

      > CM, have you given much forethought to the operation? The text
      > recommends at least six months of reading it over, giving it
      > forethought and planning it out. Perhaps you have given this the
      > attention it deserves, but your post just seems to give the
      impression
      > that you are jumping right into it because the Spring festivals
      are at
      > hand.

    • Nightshade's Magic