Introduction

  • David S.
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hello everyone. I thought I might introduce myself before unleashing
      a barrage of posts (be forewarned; I have a LOT of questions about
      several different aspects of the sacred magic).

      I am 23, currently live in California, and fully intend to undergo
      the Abramelin Operation. At this point, its more a question of when
      and how than if.

      I have a very eclectic religious, mystical and magical background. I
      don't feel tied down by labels, but I have several: I am male,
      Californian, American, gay, Jewish, Christian, Gnostic, and an
      aspiring mystic and mage. I belong to a couple of different formal
      and informal groups related to these, and for the most part they are
      very supportive of me undergoing this operation, even if they don't
      really understand it. I'm not sure I entirely understand it myself.

      I have several reasons for choosing the Sacred Magic of Abramelin. I
      am very enthusiastic about both the mystical benefits of the
      operation realated to meeting with and joining with one's angel,
      God, true self, etc, as well as the powerful magic obtained through
      the process. The Sacred Magic arrived in my life quite a while ago -
      maybe a year or two - and came as a response to a very powerful
      thrust and search in my soul and my world. It seemed to be exactly
      what I was looking for, and in a sense, because of that I have been
      somewhat suspicious of it and struggled with it.

      I am hoping that, as part of this process, I will get an oppertunity
      to at least get closer to a very important goal I have: coming to
      understand the full truth about Judaism, Christianity, the angels
      and the Monotheistic God. For better or for worse, through
      the "blessing and the curse of the law", these religions have had a
      huge impact on my life, and I feel they have presented me, and
      perhaps the entire world, with a great challenge and
      responsibility. "YHWH's challenge", as I like to call it, is at its
      heart (beneath and beyond all the hypocrisy and gunk accumulated
      over the centuries) a call for Justice, Truth and accountability to
      higher standards. I want to know what really happened in the history
      of these faiths, and who the God of Yisrael and Jesus really was,
      and is. I am very well aware of all the abuses perpetrated within
      these religious systems, and I don't bear any ill will against those
      who have chosen atheistic or pagan paths. I just feel that although
      what went wrong has been given plenty of press, what went right, why
      the pagan religions were condemned, and what good these traditions,
      these angels and this God have to offer us today is still somewhat
      unanswered.

      Like these religions (and coming out of them), Abramelin's magic
      claims to be THE truth, and condemns other paths as being corrupted
      to various degrees. It feels appropriate to me that, in dealing with
      and searching for the truth about these things, I go through this
      operation. In dealing with Abraham and Abramelin's lofty and
      exclusive claims, as well as their exact instructions and dire
      warnings should you fail to omit the slightest injunction in the
      dogmas and laws they set forth, I am dealing with the same message
      and mindset of the biblical religions. It is my intention to take
      them up on their challenge and see if their claims are well-founded.

      I am what you might call a political mage as well, and it has been
      very painful for me to watch all the negative developments in the
      world throughout the last few years. I want to use my magic to
      better myself, but I also want to use it to save the world before
      its too late; in any sense of that term. It is not my intention to
      step on the will of others, except in emergency situations where
      dangerous people have to be stopped from hurting others. I am
      inspired by Abraham's active career and the way he was able to very
      practically and successfully apply his magic amidst the backdrop and
      intrigues of medieval Europe.

      I have no intention to be irresponsible and try to give away my soul
      when I need to take charge of it myself. I already did that once,
      having belonged to a cult-like group in which I lost myself for
      several years. Its just that, before I close the door and my mind on
      the messengers and the God of my youth, ancestors and country, like
      many pagans I know have done, I want to give them a chance to speak
      for themselves. In that spirit, and with respect and an open-mind
      towards all paths, I chose the Hebrew Name "Emet Eli" as my magical
      motto.
    • Nightshade's Magic
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006

        Welcome to the group David :)
        Now that is quite the intro.  I'm glad you have decided to start on it. I wil reply more fully later, when the sun is not temptingme to do more outdoorsey things LOL
        Well as far as finding the secrets of Judaism, mysticism, God and the like, I think you definatly will with this operation, find them for *you* that is :)
        As far as quetions go ask away!

        --
        "In Plato's Symposium, the priestess Diotima teaches Socrates that love is not a god, but rather a good daemon." (wikipedia)

        Cutsom and traditional spell supplies, powders, roots, herbs etc.
        www.nightshademagic.com
      • arcitectus
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 10, 2008
          Hello and good day to everyone,

          My name is Steven and I'm new to the group. Just wanted to drop a line
          and introduce myself to everyone. I have a formal background in yogic
          studies and lived in an ashram as a brahmachari, I also have
          familiarity with other esoteric practices as well. I have not
          performed the Abramelin operation and it will still be some time until
          that day comes, but until then I want to learn and prepare as much as
          possible.

          As a side question has anyone heard of the esoteric, alchemy and
          qabala courses offered by the Philosophers of Nature(PoN) by Jean
          Dubuis through Triad Publishing?

          Thanks
          Steven King
          arcitectus@...
        • hwhydog
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 24, 2008
            Greetings,

            Great site and insightful comments by the members. I am interested in
            the structure of this ancient rite written some 400 years ago with
            extremely spurious sources. The document in the link section by Aaron
            Leitch is an excellent summation of the core principles. Sadly Aaron
            makes the statement: "The Abramelin Operation can not be performed in
            today's modern world!" I suppose it cannot if in doing it it is not
            done as prescribed, but doing it is a choice, a created choice?

            I am from the southern hemisphere and noticed that some are in the
            final throes of the working, which in my book means your out by two
            months from the solstice / equinox periods? What sort of "adjustments
            are made to the rite in order to accommodate modern lifestyle, which
            should be irrelevant because you are leaving whatever lifestyle it
            was that you had in the first place? Has anyone done a comparison
            with the fourth stage rite of the order of the Nine Angles, this is
            very similar in structure, but requires three months of ABSOLUTE
            isolation?

            SRD
          • fratervvvvv
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 13, 2009
              Greetings everyone,

              First, thank you for allowing me to join you. I am a Magician living in New Hampshire. I think it's safe to say that Magick is the primary focus of my life. I have successfully worked with the Goetia and have spent time studying with a Temple in my area dedicated to Enochian Magick. It is my sincerest wish to complete the Operation.

              I am looking forward to meeting fellow members and learning from you all.

              PAX et LVX

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 13, 2009
                  Thank you Athena. I'm looking forward to talking with you, and everyone.

                  --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Athena <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

                  > Welcome to the group frater :).
                  > It's always nice to meet others where magic is the primary focus as opposed
                  > to it just being a part time thing.

                  > On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:31 AM, fratervvvvv <fratervvvvv@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Greetings everyone,
                  > >
                  > > First, thank you for allowing me to join you. I am a Magician living in New
                  > > Hampshire. I think it's safe to say that Magick is the primary focus of my
                  > > life. I have successfully worked with the Goetia and have spent time
                  > > studying with a Temple in my area dedicated to Enochian Magick. It is my
                  > > sincerest wish to complete the Operation.
                  > >
                  > > I am looking forward to meeting fellow members and learning from you all.
                  > >
                  > > PAX et LVX
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Odo cicle qaa

                • thu.jason
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 2 4:01 PM

                    Dear All:

                    It's my pleasure to be here -- I know of some people here, e.g., Aaron Leitch and Scarlet Magdalene, &c. (I'm looking forward to have a more direct conversation with you!)

                    My name is Jason Thu, and I'm currently undertaking the second phase of the Operation. I still have so many questions and still much perplexed, particularly re: the seven-day rite. I'll search for/post these questions accordingly.

                    Thank you very much,
                    Jason

                  • soror.nephthys
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 28 8:59 PM
                      Good luck in the Operation, especially the last week, which should be approaching quickly.  I will advise if you need anything.  I completed the Rite a year ago.

                      L.V.X.

                      Soror Nephthys
                    • Scarlet Magdalene
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 29 4:34 PM
                        Hey there! Welcome to the group and good luck. I'm neck deep in phase three myself.

                        Finally scored an almond wand, getting it custom made and delivered to me.

                        On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM, thu.jason@... [abramelin] <abramelin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        Dear All:

                        It's my pleasure to be here -- I know of some people here, e.g., Aaron Leitch and Scarlet Magdalene, &c. (I'm looking forward to have a more direct conversation with you!)

                        My name is Jason Thu, and I'm currently undertaking the second phase of the Operation. I still have so many questions and still much perplexed, particularly re: the seven-day rite. I'll search for/post these questions accordingly.

                        Thank you very much,
                        Jason

                        --
                        “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” Marcus Aurelius
                        ~