women's robes, incense

  • catherine maloney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
      Athena ,
      I had asked for an example of women's robes and you were going to upload a picture. I think you tried but it didn't come through. Would an example be on your website and if yes please send the link and directions to the photo.

      This question is to anyone and I know this is a bit ahead of the game on this but how do we do a sack cloth or mourning clothes. And I guess 'new clothes' could be anything that's new from this era - yes -no?. Maybe the same for mourning clothes. Also about the incense- I see the ingredients in Abramelin but for the life of me I can't find it in Exodus. The oil receipe is there- actually two of them. I see incense mentioned but no list of ingredients. So I can easily follow the Abramelin or Aarons. I was just looking for the original.

      I'm starting this March 26th - the 25th at sunset starts Passover so the morning of the 26th I start.
      Thanks,
      Loraine

        Give a gift people will really remember this year, shop at www.enochian.org

        "The exalted and powerful spirits serve only their confidants and intimate friends"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
          On 1/25/2013 @ 8:14 AM, Loraine doth schreibble :

          <SNIPS>
          > I see the ingredients in Abramelin but for the life of me I can't find
          > it in Exodus. The oil recipe is there - actually two of them. I see
          > incense mentioned but no list of ingredients. So I can easily follow
          > the Abramelin or Aarons. I was just looking for the original.

          Hi, Loraine ~

          My own opinions of and instructions for the creation
          of the *Oil of Abraham Elim* are available in numerous
          posts - see, for example, Message #1329 :

          And see also the Wiki for *Holy Anointing Oil* :

          < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_anointing_oil >

          In particular, the section on 'Kaneh Bosem' :

          *Alternative Identification of Kaneh Bosem*

          http://tinyurl.com/an5pdhe

          The procedure and formula for the "Shemen ha-Mishchah" is
          based upon that found in the *Book of Exodus*, Chap. 30,
          verses 23-25, as is the Ketoret, or incense, Chap. 30,
          verses 34-38.

          *Shemen Ha'Mishchah* :

          http://tinyurl.com/744tjky

          As for the incense :

          *Ketoret* :

          http://tinyurl.com/8yqxlo4

          http://tinyurl.com/opntdz

          Note that the Wiki article lists the /complete/ formula
          of eleven spices that were used in the manufacture of the
          Pitum HaKetoret as found in the *Talmud*, Keritot 6a.

          Philo Judaeus (circa 20 B.C.E. – 50 C.E.) has this
          to say about the Ketoret :

          " Equality is also very beautifully displayed in
          respect of the composition of spices for purposes
          of fumigation; for we read :

          " Take to thyself sweet odours, stacte, onycha,
          galbanum, these sweet spices with pure frankincense,
          all of the most chosen kinds, all of equal weight
          and thou shalt make of it a perfume, a confection
          after the art of the apothecary, a pure composition,
          a holy work." [ ~ Exodus 30.34 ]

          For the Lord enjoins here that each of the separate
          portions shalt be equal to each, with a view to the
          proper composition of the whole.

          And as I imagine these four ingredients of which the
          entire perfume is composed are emblems of the four
          elements of which the whole world is made;

          he likens the stacte to water,
          the onycha to land,
          the galbanum to the air,
          and the pure transparent frankincense to fire;

          for stacte, which derives its name from the drops
          in which it falls, is liquid, and onycha is dry and
          earth-like, the sweet smelling galbanum is added by
          way of giving a representation of the air, for there
          is fragrance in the air; and the transparency which
          there is in frankincense serves for a representation
          of fire.

          On which account also, he has separated the things
          which have weight from those which are light, uniting
          the one class by a closely connecting combination, and
          bringing forth the other in a disunited form; as where
          he says, "Take to thyself sweet odours, stacte, onycha,"
          these things being weighty he mentions unconnectedly,
          being the symbols of earth and water.

          Afterwards he begins afresh with the other class, which
          he mentions in combination, saying, "And the sweet spice
          of galbanum and the transparent frankincense," these
          again being in their own nature emblems of the light
          things, air and fire.

          And the harmonious composition and mixture of these
          things is truly his most ancient and most perfect holy
          work, namely, the world; which, speaking of it under
          the emblem of perfume, he thinks is bound to show
          gratitude to its Creator.

          So that in name the composition which has been carefully
          fabricated by the art of the apothecary may be offered
          up, but in real fact the whole world which was created
          by divine wisdom may be consecrated and dedicated, being
          made a burnt offering of early in the morning and also
          in the evening.

          For such a life as this becomes the world, namely,
          continually and without ceasing to be giving thanks to
          its Father and Creator, so as to stop short of nothing
          but evaporating and reducing itself into its original
          element, in order to show that it stores up and conceals
          nothing, but dedicates itself wholly as a pious offering
          to God who created it. "

          ~ from :

          The Works of Philo Judaeus*
          Volume 2, pages 132-133
          by Philo of Alexandria
          ( Read / Download @GoogleBooks )
          http://tinyurl.com/an8j4pz

          Philo very clearly relates the components of the Ketoret
          to the Four Elements in the passage above.

          In the recently published *Occult Traditions*, edited by
          Damon Zacharias Lycourinos, Ioannis Marathakis ( editor
          and compiler of *The Magical Treatise of Solomon, Or
          Hygromanteia* ) has contributed an essay titled
          "Composite Incenses and Incense Attributions : A
          Historical Survey", in which he asserts the following :

          " Attributions of incenses to the four elements and to the
          sub-elements do not appear until the twentieth century with
          Aleister Crowley's *Liber 777 vel Prolegomena Symbolica*
          along with attributions to the ten sephiroth. Crowley was
          generally based on tradition but not restricted by it.

          For instance, it is the first time that one relates the
          four ingredients of the ketoret to the four elements. "

          ~ from :

          *Occult Traditions*
          edited by Damon Zacharias Lycourinos,
          page 182,
          ( Preview @GoogleBooks )
          http://tinyurl.com/au4j633

          This is an unfortunate error in a text that otherwise has
          much to recommend it, and it is difficult to understand
          how this made it past the editor of a book with pretensions
          to being academic.

          Reading in Philo is definitely Time Well Spent, by the
          way.

          " Every Angel who is an Archon of the
          zodiacal sign (sar mazzal) of a person
          when it is sent below has the image of
          the person who is under it....

          And this is the meaning of 'And God
          created man in His image, in the image
          of God He created him' (Gen. 1:27).

          Why is [it written] twice, 'in His image'
          and 'in the image'?

          One image refers to the image of man and
          the other to the image of the Angel of
          the zodiacal sign that is in the image
          of the man. "

          ~ from: