Re: [abramelin] Re: finished the rite now what?

  • Desi Magia
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 19, 2012
      Yes. But the post was on the Abramelin ritual, and the HGA features greatly in it.

    • Desi Magia
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 19, 2012
        Exactly what I thought too Aaron. That is why the HGA has always been important to me in that Operation. Because it is very easy for the ego to take over, and become so deluded that one thinks they have succeeded when thy have not.
        I needed the HGA to tell me that I had done it right, that it was indeed a success. To me, if it had not happened that way, I was ready to carry on performing the ritual as long as I am alive, and not trust my mere suppositions. The Crowning is important.
        Abramelin' advice always proves to be correct in the end, if one follows all the directions. I know that he is knocked a lot nowadays but his advice was from one who had experienced and succeed. I trust him and I cannot settle for my own suppositions and imaginings.
        Yet he HGA is very real. For me he/she and Soul are part of each other. I do not see the relationship as a possession by an alien entity.
        But who am I? Maybe as they say here, it is supposed to be different for every seeker. But I believe a proper Crowning and involvement of HGA as it should be is vital... And I insist that it is aDivine Operation, and faith and trust in God is important.
      • tomiwaamo
        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 20, 2012
          I am planning to undertake this Operation very soon. I got the free online book by Mathers. In his book, there was no mention of wine or meat. Please enlighten me. Plz where and how can i get/buy the abramelin oil, incense/perfume, square plate of silver, almond wood staff & wand. And which month is good to start and stop according to the present calendar correspondent to jewish calendar
          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Desi Magia <desi.magia@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > I am afraid I never read that answer of the Brother, nut if I am to understand your HGA failed to appear. I hope I am not too late in advising you, but I want to urge you not to stop.
          > What disappoints and depresses people is that they usually set their mind on everything being over during the times set. But I allowed myself two more weeks, when my HGA did not easily appear.
          > So I did not break the whole fast. I mean, meat fast, wine fast, sex fast all the forbidden things. I carried on calling the HGA, I simply put out of my mind the later things to do, like calling the Princes of the Devils.
          > For me, I needed to receive everything from the HGA, and refused to lose heart. For seven solid days i called and called and called. I virtually made the Oratory my habitation, I no longer respected the going away for a while thing. I only broke to maybe go to the toilet, and when I simply could no longer pray anymore. I won't even lie, and I can say I cried when I was not praying. And also, I reduced my intake of food even more, drank water to sustain myself, and I believe that helped too.
          > I was that pitiful and pathetic that after the seventh day, the HGA appeared.
          > So, don't give up. carry on praying. I t is easy to truly lose heart and plunge into depression, but if you do, believe me, it may take up to ten years before you can pluck up the courage to start again.
          > The state of purity you have reached has been gained at a very great price, so cherish it and do not begin indulging everything you gave up. Because you'll now have the evil spirits around you, telling you how much you have wasted your time for nothing, and encouraging you to 'start living again' That would be the wrong thing to do.
          > So carry on for the next week or two, if you have not broken any of the rules. It does not matter if for example you did not go to the Oratory yesterday and today. begin again tomorrow and don't stop. You're still pure, so all you've got is time... Nobody said God won't listen anymore after you have finished the days allocated.
          > let us know how you fare. Good courage and good luck.
          > Desy.

        • tomiwaamo
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 20, 2012
            I am planning to undertake this Operation very soon. I got the free online book by Mathers. In his book, there was no mention of wine or meat. Please enlighten me. And how should the fasting be observed. Plz where and how can i get/buy the abramelin oil, incense/perfume, square plate of silver, almond wood staff & wand. And which month is good to start and stop according to the present calendar correspondent to jewish calendar. Thanks Desy
            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 20, 2012
              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "tomiwaamo" <tomiwaamo@...> wrote:

              > I am planning to undertake this Operation very soon. I got the free online book by Mathers. In his book, there was no mention of wine or meat.

              It does tell you to stop eating meat for the duration of the Rite. And while I doubt a glass of wine here and there is a concern, drunkeness is prohibited - as is going to taverns or parties, etc.

              >Plz where and how can i get/buy the abramelin oil, incense/perfume,

              You really should make these things yourself. Abraham gives the ingredients for the incense. Frankincense (which he calls Olibanum), Rose or Cedar (I use both) and Storax.

              At the time I did the Rite, I could not find Storax but discovered that Benzoin is a related plant. So I used Benzoin then and continue to use it today. However, Storax should not be as difficult to find now at an online herb or incense dealer.

              The Oil is a bit more complex, but fortunately I have provided an illustrated guide here:

              http://aaronleitch.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/making-abramelin-holy-oil/

              It doesn't require any fancy equipment - you likely already have what you need in the kitchen.

              > square plate of silver,

              I finally found one in a wedding shop at my local mall. I bought a small wedding photo album that had a plane blank silver cover. (It was intended for engraving.) I simply cut the silver cover off of the front and I use that as my lamen/almadel to this day.

              > almond wood staff & wand.

              You'll have to look for that. Back in 97 I tried and tried with no luck. (It would likely be easier today - just contact an almond grove and ask for a stick of almond wood.) In the end, I was given an almond wand that was made by Grady McMurtry and handed down to Chic Cicero.

              >And which month is good to start and stop according to the present calendar correspondent to jewish calendar

              Begin at Passover and end at Shavoth (The Feat of Tabernacles). This is plainly stated in the Book of Abramelin.

            • xmichael777
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 20, 2012
                http://www.chabad.org/calendar/default_cdo/jewish/Jewish-Calendar.htm

                Above is a link that you can find in order to find the jewish calendar,
                shabbat candle lighting times etc. The way it basically works is that
                the new moon is the beginning of the month, and every few years they add
                an extra month called Adar II to keep the months working with the spring
                equinox. I think it's like a 17 year cycle or something (don't remember
                for sure, but it is added during certain years a number of times during
                the 17 year cycle). This makes passover fall differently on our current
                solar calendar on different days..... I really suggest beginning right
                after passover, like the text suggests.

                There is mention of meat and wine.... you should read the text over, and
                over, ad nauseum.... it is very important! It suggests not eating any
                dead thing, and wine, although it can be used, should be used
                sparingly... you will find that it has a tendency to disturb the work...

                Further, questions, doubts, and seeking those things which provide
                allowances outside of what is prescribed should be dropped. The text
                says eat no dead thing.... in other words, eat life unto thyself, not
                death.

                The operation should be initiated in the spring, this is almost
                automatic as I read the text over and over during the winter, but I
                could tell there had been a change by spring.... do not worry about the
                6 month vs. 18 month thing.... it all comes out in the wash... just be
                true to the operation, yourself, and G-d.

                Most important, is to go with the flow, the rest will take care of
                itself! Let go of everything that is stipulated, you'll be more than
                glad later you did - ideas, items, idealizations, rules, etc. In other
                words, forget everything that you know, or think that you know... and
                relearn, as what you have been taught will not really work as you have
                so trusted.

                Good luck!

                Peace be unto you!

                Michael

                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 20, 2012
                  BTW.... on the left of the web page associated with the chabad link, you
                  can learn about the Jewish calendar... don't forget to check this out!

                  Peace...

                  Michael

                  --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "xmichael777" <xmichael777@...> wrote:

                  > http://www.chabad.org/calendar/default_cdo/jewish/Jewish-Calendar.htm
                  >
                  > Above is a link that you can find in order to find the jewish
                  calendar,
                  > shabbat candle lighting times etc. The way it basically works is
                  that
                  > the new moon is the beginning of the month, and every few years they
                  add
                  > an extra month called Adar II to keep the months working with the
                  spring
                  > equinox. I think it's like a 17 year cycle or something (don't
                  remember
                  > for sure, but it is added during certain years a number of times
                  during
                  > the 17 year cycle). This makes passover fall differently on our
                  current
                  > solar calendar on different days..... I really suggest beginning right
                  > after passover, like the text suggests.
                  >
                  > There is mention of meat and wine.... you should read the text over,
                  and
                  > over, ad nauseum.... it is very important! It suggests not eating any
                  > dead thing, and wine, although it can be used, should be used
                  > sparingly... you will find that it has a tendency to disturb the
                  work...

                  > Further, questions, doubts, and seeking those things which provide
                  > allowances outside of what is prescribed should be dropped. The text
                  > says eat no dead thing.... in other words, eat life unto thyself, not
                  > death.
                  >
                  > The operation should be initiated in the spring, this is almost
                  > automatic as I read the text over and over during the winter, but I
                  > could tell there had been a change by spring.... do not worry about
                  the
                  > 6 month vs. 18 month thing.... it all comes out in the wash... just be
                  > true to the operation, yourself, and G-d.
                  >
                  > Most important, is to go with the flow, the rest will take care of
                  > itself! Let go of everything that is stipulated, you'll be more than
                  > glad later you did - ideas, items, idealizations, rules, etc. In
                  other
                  > words, forget everything that you know, or think that you know... and
                  > relearn, as what you have been taught will not really work as you have
                  > so trusted.
                  >
                  > Good luck!
                  >
                  > Peace be unto you!
                  >
                  > Michael
                  >
                  > --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "tomiwaamo" tomiwaamo@ wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I am planning to undertake this Operation very soon. I got the free
                  > online book by Mathers. In his book, there was no mention of wine or
                  > meat. Please enlighten me. And how should the fasting be observed. Plz
                  > where and how can i get/buy the abramelin oil, incense/perfume, square
                  > plate of silver, almond wood staff & wand. And which month is good to
                  > start and stop according to the present calendar correspondent to
                  jewish
                  > calendar. Thanks Desy

                • soror.nephthys
                  Message 8 of 28 , Oct 30, 2012
                    In his book, "After the Angel," Katz says that wine is too difficult. The Operation puts you into two worlds. Wine puts you into three.

                    In L.V.X.

                    Soror Nephthys