Re: Teatim update

  • Voltaire07
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
      dear friends and brothers

      a bit late I'll refer to this question. Unfortunately I did the work in the library in Dresden directly without making film or so, except sample pages. Please remind, that one of the Dresden manuscripts was the source for the french MS in Arsenal, Paris. What I think, because all the other german manuscripts lack of the "Teatim" mentioning is, that this is also an 18th Cent. addition, like the clairvoyant child.
      With this message I send You my scans from Hammer 1725, which I fortunately own. He, as the copy of the oldest MS in Wolfenbüttel, doesn't mention "Teatim".
      The other scan is from my first german edition, where I facsimilated the entire Oxford Hebrew MS. I send the page where "Teatim" should be mentioned. Unfortunately I couldn't find out from which german source this translation comes. But as thoroughly as it's done, he should mention "Teatim" if it is part of the genuine ritual.

      As Rabbi Sigl reetired and moved from Leipzig I couldn't contact him in the meantime. But I still try.
      I am sure Adam or some other is capable to read the lines or at least find the right word.
      O  that page is also an interesting mark of Sigl. I asked him to write that Greek's name which differs so much in all the MS.

      It is Philip from Epiphus. I should have footnoted that one. The Ms write Ephiaki, Epiphas (Wolfenbüttel) and Epiphus (Dresden). In my "New Translation" he is not only mentioned on page 25, but also on parge 20, the man from near Constantinoples the town of Epiphus. Maybe someone can identificate that place which might have a different turkish name today. Is this one identical with the Oxford "Fariar"?

      the best
      Georg

    • Voltaire07
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
        hello all,
        here are the above mentioned Faksimiles:
        with best wishes